Interesting numbers regarding our 2021 class

DTP

Commander of The Great Heathen Army
Premium
I was listening to some podcast earlier today, it might have been Ivins'. They mentioned some pretty crazy rankings stats.

Jake Garcia is UM's highest ranked QB commit since Kyle Wright.

James Williams is UM's highest ranked DB commit since Kenny Phillips.

The trio of Romello Brinson, Jacolby George and Brashard Smith is the highest ranked threesome of wide receivers signed by one school in 247 history. Edit: I may have misheard this one. It seemed shocking to me at first too.

I knew we signed a good class but I didn't realize the significance of some of these dudes. If only we could have signed an actual cornerback.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was listening to some podcast earlier today, it might have been Ivins'. They mentioned some pretty crazy rankings stats.

The trio of Romello Brinson, Jacolby George and Brashard Smith is the highest ranked threesome of wide receivers signed by one school in 247 history.

I knew we signed a good class but I didn't realize the significance of some of these dudes. If only we could have signed an actual cornerback.
Higher than Alabama’s 2017 class?
Juedy 98
Smith 97
Ruggs 96

This could be the best WR class of all time.

The trio of Romello Brinson, Jacolby George and Brashard Smith is the highest ranked threesome of wide receivers signed by one school in 247 history.

No way that's true. First WR class that jumped to my mind that def was higher was the class Bama had with Jeudy, Smith, et al. That definitely was higher ranked - they were all 4-5 stars.

edit: beat by mins by @TXCane

Advertisement
something something manny cant recruit

well CB

Never forget:

25718EFA-6908-4AD5-BF37-F03B50976E72.jpeg

Higher than Alabama’s 2017 class?
Juedy 98
Smith 97
Ruggs 96

This could be the best WR class of all time.
You're probably right but I was just quoting what I heard on the podcast.

Maybe I misheard it and they meant highest trio of Miami receivers signed in one class. That seems to make more sense.

Advertisement
You heard it wrong or someone said it wrong.

Alabama's WR class just this year debunks that statement.

Jacorey Brooks is #34 in the country
JoJo Earle is #48 in the country
Agiye Hall is #56 in the country

And just for ***** and giggles, Christian Leary is #68 in the country.

I love our WR haul, but I'd bet the trio of Brinson at #139, George at #170 and Smith at #215 aren't one of the 20 highest ranked trios in the last decade.

Advertisement

The trio of Romello Brinson, Jacolby George and Brashard Smith is the highest ranked threesome of wide receivers signed by one school in 247 history. Edit: I may have misheard this one. It seemed shocking to me at first too.

The WRs are from Miami's 247 history not by one school

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back