Interesting from Barry

No ****...you know you are paper thin there. You have to prepare for injuries

What the **** do they do in practice all week?
I have no clue. I convinced he’s clueless at this point.
He speaks well, maybe he gets that from his father and political upbringing, Unfortunately for Manny he for into the wrong business. This is a results oriented business unlike what he is accustomed to. No one gives two ***** what you say when you lose to a 1-5 GT team at home. But don’t worry about Many, he’s got a future in politics or used car sales.

Advertisement
Oh I am not advocating for an extension. Diaz is set for an inevitable downward spiral. Might as well pull the plug now. Diaz didn't need to win 10 games but he absolutely cannot go 4-8 and miss a bowl. At that point the fans and media will demand he change staff (or else no more ticket purchases) but he can't even if he wanted to. No one better will come. He's stuck with these guys.

James fate is tied to Manny. He gets fired if Diaz fails. They are buddies off the field. Its just my assumption that James knows Diaz has no chance of attracting staff talent unless coaches have some level of comfort he will be there at least 4 years. So to help Diaz survive, he gets an extension. James cant pull the plug as its tantamount to career suicide. It's absolutely not what I want but I think it is likely to happen.
Diaz changing staff is definitely like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Please get this fraud out of my face! Now it's a rebuild....uh oh wait....that didn't go over well?.....Uh oh yeah it's our confidence that needs a rebuild! That's right! Our confidence! That's what I really meant! You see it's not the fact that this coaching staff is an abomination. No it's all the players fault but we're going to fix it see because the 2020 class is full of "True Canes". Nevermind that 5 months ago it was the #1 class in the country and has now dropped to #17. You see those players that decommited may be able to run 30 MPH and leap tall buildings in a single bound but they didn't fit our culture.

I can't believe I'm actually going to say this but this goofball is more of a cheap huckster that Al Golden. Everything is some bullchit hashtag tag line slogan with zero substance behind it! I love my Canes and always will but I want Pittsburgh to annihilate this jerk off then I want Willie to run train on him.

We must get rid of the root of the cancer and that starts with James and Strawley. Get rid of them and hire a real AD who is committed to winning championships and the symptoms of that cancer like Diaz will disappear.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Oh I am not advocating for an extension. Diaz is set for an inevitable downward spiral. Might as well pull the plug now. Diaz didn't need to win 10 games but he absolutely cannot go 4-8 and miss a bowl. At that point the fans and media will demand he change staff (or else no more ticket purchases) but he can't even if he wanted to. No one better will come. He's stuck with these guys.

James fate is tied to Manny. He gets fired if Diaz fails. They are buddies off the field. Its just my assumption that James knows Diaz has no chance of attracting staff talent unless coaches have some level of comfort he will be there at least 4 years. So to help Diaz survive, he gets an extension. James cant pull the plug as its tantamount to career suicide. It's absolutely not what I want but I think it is likely to happen.
Yeah, I see the logic. I could see how he’s got a staff replacement issue. I just don’t think James has the authority to extend Manny right now. The BOT is definitely aware of the situation and there were apparently some who were not happy with James hiring Manny the way he did. I think he’s on a short leash here at this time.

Wrong again nit wit. That banner cost me and my peeps nothing! Our banner will be flying for Louisville. But that banner did cost you and your fellow Hecht moles what little reputation or credibility you had on here. Again enjoy the one our go fund me paid for during the Louisville game. the only problem is there’s going to be so many banners In the sky that day I’ll make sure I take a pic of ours and send it to you. Lmao!

Based on your prior track record I expect the banner to plead for more time while asking for extensions for the three of them.

Advertisement
I could spend time typing out through 7 games, all the reasons why Manny is an awful head coach

But over the past week, the handling of the LB position, McCloud, playing Ragone and not Brooks.... Manny is the one that should have recruited and stocked the position the last 3 years, to then come out and say this is a rebuild.....

I understand there is a financial component to cleaning house, but Jesus Christ, it is uncanny how good Manny has been at ******** up UM at every turn

Giving him more time would be an awful move and only make the whole bigger. His successes to mistakes are about 100 to 1, and it ****es me off to hear him say we are almost 7-0

I think a majority of the kids golden and richt recruited are soft, whiners and a disease. We haven’t recruited old school canes with some dawg in them...

Advertisement
hes blaming players when a ton of coaches would die for talent like gurvan hall, garvin, gil, etc.
then he spins recruiting. people arent dumb, no on wants to play for him but he tries to sell it like he wants
a certain type of kid. have fun with a team full of robert knowles. At least some of the hidden talent golden found like m jack, olsen pierre, ambrister, and gunter made it to NFL. Manny wont pull that off.

side note, im tired of the jimmy murphy show too. no way he should be the highlight of UM football.

Quit firing coaches. Find someone and stick with him. If people here had their wish, in 2020 we would be seeing our fourth head coach in six years.

Each new coach brings turnover. He brings in his guys, and some of the carryover players do not buy in to what he is selling.

That's why we're at 72 players, excluding the 4 walkons. It's part of the reason that 33 players are no longer here. Fire Diaz, and you'll see another 30 players leave in 2020. And fire that coach in three years, and it will happen again.

Another Hecht genius wants desperately to keep his job. Failure breeds more failure. Fire the lot and start over.

Sounds like a defeatist attitude. There is something wrong for sure, as many opinions have been expressed, but I still think winning big can happen with the right coach and admin. What's happening this season is so bad no one even contemplated it. This is all opinion and I agree with a lot of what you stated but Miami isn't getting leftovers and just guys the big timers didn't want. They not landing all but are getting highly rated kids. Also, who are the great players on this team? Time will tell but "great' is arbitrary I guess. Thoughtful post...

There are few coaches with the evaluation talent necessary to find hidden gems in the chaff of low ratings. Everyone here knows his name. Butch, or someone like him, will be needed to resurrect the Canes. The obvious talent isn’t coming here.

Advertisement
We've had revolving coaches here the last 17 years, and now a guy coaches 4 games and that rinse repeat cycle is on steroids.

It's easy to default to coaching when anything goes wrong. We even had a guy come in here with a 745 winning percentage in the **** SEC, who was the only breath of fresh air in 15 years. He had the talent playing way above their level, then the wings fell off and reality set in. He couldn't get out of here fast enough after three years. What coach in their right mind would look at what happened to one of the top four winnigest coaches in football when he was hired, and want to come here with this fan base? And what does Miami have to offer to attract someone else with that experience? Please don't say talent, you may think so, they know better, like Gergoa Tech did.

There are a few great players on this team, you see them show up and preform. But its pretty **** evident for a lot of years the majority of what people call talent, that Miami is ending up with, has been vastly overestimated by recruiting services, and the Canes haven't done enough due diligence. After the big time winning schools come and get what they need, we end up with recruits who may be great athletes, but were not high on the recruiting "want board" for other reasons: maybe they have no mental toughness, not enough physicality, no discipline, aren't very coachable, are selfish or prima donnas, you know, players who take game killing penalties, take plays off, all of a sudden can't catch, or have bats in their skull when they have a chip shot from a hashmark.

You think the same players are in the program like the ones who were here when Denise Erickson took over? That was talent, those were tough kids and had a collosal chip on their shoulders because this was their way out - and what they watched on TV and wanted - Real Canes (overused term). That's how you can win a NC the first year - it was about the Jimmy and Joes and the coach happened to be pretty good with Xs and Os too. Now look around, you have guys transfer they say, because guys were ok with losing here and didn't have a chip on their shoulder to fight back.

And oh yeah, there was that little incident of sanctions and reduction in scholarships.

Oh, God. You’re finding a way to slurp Richt and Diaz in the same post. Jesus.

Really you should only be able to slurp one of those 2 coRches at a time, since you have to blame Diaz’s problems on Richt in order to slurp Diaz.

Anyway, Richt sucked but Diaz sucks even more.

Last edited:
Here's an idea. Stop running a program with reduced scholarships. The NCAA allows 85. Have 85 kids on scholarship, and not walk-ons who you give a 'ship to for being an effort kid. Depth is needed to create the level of competition that can make this a moot topic.
Honest question. Do you think 10-12 more scholarship players will make that much of a difference across at least 21 positions not including special teams, and I say that because excluding rb’s every other position is lacking. At what point do these dudes take more pride in what they put on tape effort and focus wise regardless of what play is called or who is calling it. At what point do they give it all for the U and there futures regardless of circumstances, or are they ok with being 5,6,7 round picks every year cause no team is spending a 1st round pick based on talent alone.

Advertisement
Back