Interesting discussion on NFL scouts' podcast

Advertisement
There's always a handful of you guys who try to justify these misses.
But it's not like we've missed on a couple guys. This has been an on-going thing for years. We love letting little explosive WR's leave our backyard.
Sooo many of them have gone on to have successful NCAA and NFL careers. At what point does it become a legitimate concern in yall's eyes? (it's bothered DMoney and I for years, we always talk about this)

And don't give me this **** about how no other big-time programs offered these kids. Those other programs aren't located 10 minutes away from these kids like we are. They can't identify these kids the way Miami can. (they also have bigger fish to fry)
Kids like Tutu Atwell, Elijah Moore and Isaiah McKenzie were no-brainers.

Miami should ALWAYS recruit the most explosive play-maker in it's backyard EVERY YEAR regardless of size or who else is recruiting him.

You can miss me with that "you can't get everybody" nonsense.
GET THE RIGHT ONES!

How does it NOT bother yall to watch Zay Flowers, Tutu Atwell and Elijah Moore make explosive plays every week in college football?
And then literally the very next day you're watching a handful of other South Florida kids doing it in the NFL.

Personally I love watching the Buffalo Bills offense (with their FOUR South Florida kids) run through my Miami Dolphin's defense twice a year.
That whole “no one else wanted them either” retort is just another way of evading responsibility for own mistakes.

When guys tell me that, I ask them, “Who knows your son’s strengths and weaknesses better? You or his aunt 1,000 miles away?” Amass thing applies to players 5 miles from our campus. We should know them better.

OK but let’s be fair and not revisionist historians in 3-4 years.
Which S Florida shorter and quicker/fast receiver did we pass on this year? I don’t know S Florida recruiting very well in terms of who we did NOT recruit so I ask this question so that we are fair in the future to the staff as to who they did NOT recruit.

What I want to avoid is some guy none of the recruiting experts knowing about, or at least not heralding and pushing (I don’t remember an uproar about us NOT recruiting Antonio Brown) who then blows up at West Montana State and we are all wondering why UM did not recruit him.
So let’s be fair to the staff and put the names in this thread before we have seen anyone produce in college.

???Question as stated above; which S Fla receiver(s) of the short, fast/quick variety did UM fail to recruit as hard as we should have in the class of ‘21????
You’re missing the important fact that the guys on here and the recruiting nerd bloggers aren’t getting paid millions of dollars per year to make sure local guys don’t slip through the cracks.

I wouldn’t expect the guys on here to be as in tune with my clients’ cases as I am either because I’m the one entrusted with taking care of them and making the $$$.

In that same write up about WRs he also said it wasnt a good year for WRs and that he was glad we loaded up the year before and that the following year would be better.
It wasnt by SOUTH FLORIDA standards to the rest of the country it was a solid year.
He liked Flowers as a db because he performed real well there too.

I remember this board beating the table for Elijah Moore and a couple more of those guys. Seems like those evals are more of a problem for our coaching staff than here. Just like at corner where we’ve had an issue with size being prioritized over coverage ability.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back