Interesting Cam Harris Insta Post

Advertisement
I don’t get the hype and why everybody try to be down on harris
Cam Harris had a 66 yard run week 1 and a 75 yard run week 2. Defenses adjusted and his longest run since then is 34 yards (vs Duke) despite having a mobile QB as a zone read threat. His longest runs against NC State and Clemson were 5 yards.

Take away those 2 long runs and he's averaged 3.8ypc on 118 carries. He has subpar vision and doesn't make anyone miss. He averages 1.6 catches per game and 5.8 yards per catch. He's just a guy.

So there's your answer as to why everyone is down on him.

These dudes just can't accept that one of their local guys isn't a great RB. Cam is OK. He's always been OK. At Clemson, he'd be one of those faceless 3rd team RBs who winds up transferring to USF for his senior season, and you never hear from him.

You'd think between guys like Tyrone Moss, Charlie Jones, Bobby Washington, Eduardo Clements, Kevin Grooms, Robert Burns, and Joe Yearby that fans would realize not EVERY 4/5 Star RB from Dade/Broward is going to end up in the NFL.

This is a quetsion ive asked myself all year?. Kind of confusing actually.

Not sure if its because he was better than Lingard..or is it because he is from South Florida and a portion of our fans are just hating anything from dade, broward, palm beach because they arent local ppl from here?. Not sure.

Cam's last 8 games:

94 for 323 yds - 3.4 ypc

While the hate may be too much at times - that's where it comes from.

I'll say this - if Cam were from somewhere like NY/NJ/GA - and he put up those stats, had the same attitude, all while continuing to start over a talented (and debatably better) Dade RB - Cam would easily be getting A LOT more hate than he is now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cam was our best back this year. He had the most yards, the highest yards per carry and the most TDs.

He won't be more than a late round pick/UDFA, but maybe he would rather use his carries in the NFL. A running back's body has a shelf life. He is good enough to have a role at the next level.
He def was not our best back..I’m taking Chaney over him all day but best of luck to him in whatever he decides

... and no college running back is going to make a life-changing decision on some social media nonsense fans say, for or against, so the point is moot.

He'll either go because he wants to go, or he'll stay because he wants to stay.

These players literally don't listen to draft experts, coaches and analysts who tell them they're not ready—but they're going to be swayed by fans?
These young kids are fickle these days. That social media b.s. controls their psyche...

him and Harley are the same person to me. the definition of just 'meh' power 5 football players without too much NFL upside.

I'd prefer them both to come back, but i don't think either impacts our 2021 results all too much
The Harley hate still inexplicably burns strong. Dealing with you guys is like a fickle wife who remembers that one insensitive thing you said 5 years and and still won't let it go.

Advertisement
Cam's last 8 games:

94 for 323 yds - 3.4 ypc

While the hate may be too much at times - that's where it comes from.

I'll say this - if Cam were from somewhere like NY/NJ/GA - and he put up those stats, had the same attitude, all while continuing to start over a talented (and debatably better) Dade RB - Cam would easily be getting A LOT more hate than he is now.

I'm trying to figure out also..what attitude?. The only thing ive seen from him is being frustrated with the playcalling for him...not actually playing time. I would be frustrated as well getting hit as soon as i get the ball running a zone read into the abyss. Also the other 2 freshman playing behind the same line aint do much either. Our run game is terrible schematically and physically. Our so called zone read threat wasnt a zone read threat at all for most of the season ( he wasnt running it)

He gets the hate because he always got it ...because of high school rankings and guys being mad he played over the Lingard kid and developed resentment since then.

He's our best rb currently. And im one of the biggest fans of the young guys. Its typical of our fans to hate on our players im kind of use to it now. There was legit a bunch of fans hoping and praying Chickillo never made an nfl team so they can be right about him not being good. Same thing also happened with Shaq and Pinkney around this time last year fans were clamoring and happy they left because now more SPEED woud be ont he field at linebacker...that seemed to work out well. lol

Cam Harris had a 66 yard run week 1 and a 75 yard run week 2. Defenses adjusted and his longest run since then is 34 yards (vs Duke) despite having a mobile QB as a zone read threat. His longest runs against NC State and Clemson were 5 yards.

Take away those 2 long runs and he's averaged 3.8ypc on 118 carries. He has subpar vision and doesn't make anyone miss. He averages 1.6 catches per game and 5.8 yards per catch. He's just a guy.

So there's your answer as to why everyone is down on him.

Deriq King wasnt a zone read threat most of this year. Also you cant TAKE out runs. He has subpar vision i agree. I dont know about the he's just a guy thing. People are down because they just want to be down on something. His 2 backups arent getting off either, seems to be a common denominator with our run game

I'm trying to figure out also..what attitude?. The only thing ive seen from him is being frustrated with the playcalling for him...not actually playing time. I would be frustrated as well getting hit as soon as i get the ball running a zone read into the abyss. Also the other 2 freshman playing behind the same line aint do much either. Our run game is terrible schematically and physically. Our so called zone read threat wasnt a zone read threat at all for most of the season ( he wasnt running it)

He gets the hate because he always got it ...because of high school rankings and guys being mad he played over the Lingard kid and developed resentment since then.

He's our best rb currently. And im one of the biggest fans of the young guys. Its typical of our fans to hate on our players im kind of use to it now. There was legit a bunch of fans hoping and praying Chickillo never made an nfl team so they can be right about him not being good. Same thing also happened with Shaq and Pinkney around this time last year fans were clamoring and happy they left because now more SPEED woud be ont he field at linebacker...that seemed to work out well. lol

The attitude is admittedly reading between the lines - no one knows for sure. It just seemed between his tweets and demeanor, he didn't have the best attitude this year.

Cam averaged 4.9 ypc this year and 5.1 ypc last year - neither are very good. I can see your point about people hating because of Lingard, but I just think Cam's on field production has more to do with it. At some point you have to think - how much of this is on the RB?

Cam's a solid RB IMO - just nothing special. He has issues with athleticism, physicality, and most of all decision making that limit his ceiling totally separate from OL & Scheme. Some of his open field decisions and at the line of scrimmage are just really bad, and those are completely on him. I can think of multiple runs off the top of my head where I just facepalmed at what he was doing.

All that being said - I totally agree Cam was our best RB this year. And it's a little disappointing Chaney or Knighton weren't able to overtake him, because that job was there for the taking. Chaney/Knighton had their issues too. If Cam came back and was our best RB again - that would be very disappointing - because I don't expect Cam to progress (I think we've seen/know who he is) and I'm hoping Chaney/Knighton both do progress.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Deriq King wasnt a zone read threat most of this year. Also you cant TAKE out runs. He has subpar vision i agree. I dont know about the he's just a guy thing. People are down because they just want to be down on something. His 2 backups arent getting off either, seems to be a common denominator with our run game
I did it with Fournette when everyone was salivating over him those first couple years. A lot of similarities with those two...

Advertisement
Back