Interesting breakdown of Gattis's redzone calls.

I'm hoping we can do better with what we have this year, and fix it for real in the offseason.
recruiting is shot so well have to hit the portal hard.

once he was hired, I didnt think gattis would be here more than a year. I still believe that to be true. it may be a blessing in disguise though

Advertisement
Dude is seriously butthurt.

A couple of the route combos could have been better, but that video also showed a **** good rushing attack and some poor decision, timing, and throws by TVD.

I understand why Gattis turtled in the red zone 2nd half. He didn’t trust TVD.

From review of the tape, that’s absolutely wrong.

He doesn’t trust the WR’s. You think he bailed off the layered post on the goal line against cover 5 because he doesn’t trust TVD??

That’s nonsense.

I counted at least 8 throws to wideouts (not including drops) where the wrong route or a poor route caused an errant throw.

I also counted several poor decisions and poor throws from TVD he would like to have back.

But the perpetuation of the idea that TVD just somehow became brad kaaya overnight is what makes this board the great amalgamation of retards it continuously proves itself to be.

He doesn’t trust the WR’s. You think he bailed off the layered post on the goal line against cover 5 because he doesn’t trust TVD??

That’s nonsense.

I counted at least 8 throws to wideouts (not including drops) where the wrong route or a poor route caused an errant throw.

I also counted several poor decisions and poor throws from TVD he would like to have back.

But the perpetuation of the idea that TVD just somehow became brad kaaya overnight is what makes this board the great amalgamation of retards it continuously proves itself to be.
there were some plays in that video where you literally have no shot to make a play out of it other than taking off

Advertisement
This is one of Urbie's old wife-beating assistants. If memory serves, the Ohio State head coach and Mrs. Meyer covered for the piece of chit, which ultimately led to Urb's painful departure from Columbus. Believe the chap is also grandson of one-time Buckeye coach Earle Bruce.
That said, the film breakdown is disconcerting and no real surprise. Gattis also looks like an impetuous fool if he indeed puffed himself up and is taking more credit than deserved at Bama and Michigan.

A couple of the route combos could have been better, but that video also showed a **** good rushing attack and some poor decision, timing, and throws by TVD.

dude, you don't understand football

Advertisement

I agree with this. I was thinking maybe throw the fade to Brinson, but that’s a pick if TVD leaves the ball inside.

He was still a big part of the momentum swing for not continuing to pound aTm up the middle on the first series. Franklin didn’t get a single carry I believe.

People think I am overreacting because I see that first option call in the same light as the muffed punt. I am not nearly as down on this offense as some other posters. People are talking Enos and that’s going way too far lol. Gattis is better than than that.

One thing I will say is Gattis better get some optimism in him and figure out a way to coach his guys up. He may not have the group he wants, but his unbelief in the group is obvious and that in itself can create a self fulfilling prophecy that prevents his guys from executing.

Advertisement

That’s nonsense.

They are all messing up together, including Gattis. I think they all will get better.

The board suffers from far more than single issue re-re.

🤣
When I was watching the game and film I knew I wasn’t tripping. The WRs were just running their routes right in to the DB instead of running to the space giving to them. The routes were either to shallow, too deep, or not angled to the sideline. It was weird looking at it.

When I was watching the game and film I knew I wasn’t tripping. The WRs were just running their routes right in to the DB instead of running to the space giving to them. The routes were either to shallow, too deep, or not angled to the sideline. It was weird looking at it.
Whose fault is that?

Gattis?
TVD?
WRs?

Combo of all three on a given play?

I'm inclined to believe more on WRs

Advertisement
That video definitely felt personal. However, if the route concepts don’t work and/or the receivers aren’t blocking or running good routes, it’s impossible not to blame Gattis as the OC and WR coach.

I’ve said since southern miss game that his concepts from a spacing standpoint are awful. But I wanted to finally see an all 22 to confirm. This confirms… but it confirms in a different light. Yes the calls aren’t the best you can dial up but most of what I’ve seen since the southern miss game now looks like its receivers being lazy/unprepared. Unfortunately that still falls solely on Gattis.

Bout to get ugly for this guy fast here at miami. I expect a lot of booing the rest of the season playing at home if offense doesn’t get it together

Advertisement
Back