INSTANT REACTION: Miami Hurricanes 2024 Schedule Reveal

Advertisement
You can trust Mario all you want too! Miami for the last 5 years have been 2# in the ACC in talent based on recruiting rankings and transfers. This year, it can be argued, Miami has the best or 1# roster in the ACC! Miami was blue chip ratio in 2022 and 2023! Only 16 teams in both years were blue chip ratio. Pitt, UNC, Duke and Louisville has won at least 9 games in the last 3 years and Miami has out recruited them all! Pitt, UNC and Louisville have played for the ACC title in those 3 years. Pitt won the ACC in 2021! The excuses are over for Mario. He is needs to win 10 or more regular season games. Mario is the highest paid HC in Mario Miami history. He is currently 12th nationally at 8 million per year. His staff is the highest paid in Miami history and in the ACC and top 10 in the nation. Miami needs to win 10 or more regular season games! Period! The landscape in CFB is not the same as in the past. I don't care about the back to back top 10 recruiting classes! Why? Every player now gets a one transfer without sitting out for a year. If your not winning or your winning, with things like this, your losing 10 or more transfers! You add in your graduates and you can be losing 20 to 30 plus guys every years which could be freshman and sophomores from top ten recruiting classes. Knowing your roster is going to be changing this rapidly, year to year, the coaching must be on point **** near every game and every year. This just out talented people isn't always going to work in modern CFB like it did for Miami in the 80's, 90's and early 00's! The HC and staff who can adapt the best with NIL and transfer portal, they will be winning the most. You must be a good to great HC not just a great recruiter because those recruits can leave as easy and fast as you got them on campus in modern CFB!

Advertisement
It will come down to game day coaching... Mario is going teter totter a couple of games.

Hopefully we weather those to not end up like GT game last season... he11, count on the refs to slice our achilles in a couple of games too.

This is the year we find out if Mario is a dead man walking. Crazy how things haven’t come close to working out.

Advertisement
If Mario doesn’t clean up the penalties then the annual “We’ll win 10 games with this easy schedule” won’t even matter……… Mario is the wildcard

Unless there is some team that comes out of nowhere and is surprisingly good, that's the easiest schedule I can remember. Literally maybe ever in my entire lifetime of being a fan. I don't see one team I expect to finish very high if at all in the top 25.

There is no excuse next year. Injuries will happen, but that schedule is favorable as ****.
Slurpers will always have their excuses on standby

Advertisement
We say the same **** every year and look at our record. I want us to go undefeated, I don’t ever root for us to lose but we are who we are.
Oh, I get it, but those teams? Maybe I could see Cal because they played a tough schedule last year, so 6-7 might be misleading.

Advertisement
9-3 at minimum (really should be 10-2), or Mario Cristobal will never be successful here.

- You got a Top 5 college QB that’s a preseason Heisman contender being protected by what’s probably a Top 25 OL (conservatively)
- Revamped DTs / 3 very good edge rushers
- Retain best LB and top two corners, obviously need more help in the back end but life is made easier for them with disrupters up front
- Return top slot WR in the conference and your top two WRs in general
- A Certifiably baby back ***** of a schedule, Top 10 easiest amongst P4 teams without a doubt in my mind
- We get our two biggest rivals in UF and FSU in very fortuitous conditions (the former on the verge of total collapse, the latter losing most of their top performers in 2023 and we play them at home)
- Only one challenging road game on paper, and additionally…
- A bye before said road game / our toughest opponent (not sure if that’s a good thing under Mario but on paper it should be)
- Continuity on staff apart from maybe 1-3 departures that doesn’t involve key coordinator positions

This doesn’t even include younger guys that are expected to step up at key positions.

I mean it’s really now or never. If Mario doesn’t force a square peg into a round hole (regarding Cam and forcing him to operate a pro-style offense instead of letting him spread you out and beat you with his arms or legs), then this offense should score 30+ in pretty much every single game. We’re a WR1 and another DB away from winning anything substantial, but as of right now, it really should be a 10-2 team.

awkward office space GIF

Collecting lots of receipts on this thread lol ill add to it though, with a competent Cam Ward at the helm and no bonehead coaching mistakes we win 9 -10 games, without a healthy Ward we are just another 7 win Miami squad

You can trust Mario all you want too! Miami for the last 5 years have been 2# in the ACC in talent based on recruiting rankings and transfers. This year, it can be argued, Miami has the best or 1# roster in the ACC! Miami was blue chip ratio in 2022 and 2023! Only 16 teams in both years were blue chip ratio. Pitt, UNC, Duke and Louisville has won at least 9 games in the last 3 years and Miami has out recruited them all! Pitt, UNC and Louisville have played for the ACC title in those 3 years. Pitt won the ACC in 2021! The excuses are over for Mario. He is needs to win 10 or more regular season games. Mario is the highest paid HC in Mario Miami history. He is currently 12th nationally at 8 million per year. His staff is the highest paid in Miami history and in the ACC and top 10 in the nation. Miami needs to win 10 or more regular season games! Period! The landscape in CFB is not the same as in the past. I don't care about the back to back top 10 recruiting classes! Why? Every player now gets a one transfer without sitting out for a year. If your not winning or your winning, with things like this, your losing 10 or more transfers! You add in your graduates and you can be losing 20 to 30 plus guys every years which could be freshman and sophomores from top ten recruiting classes. Knowing your roster is going to be changing this rapidly, year to year, the coaching must be on point **** near every game and every year. This just out talented people isn't always going to work in modern CFB like it did for Miami in the 80's, 90's and early 00's! The HC and staff who can adapt the best with NIL and transfer portal, they will be winning the most. You must be a good to great HC not just a great recruiter because those recruits can leave as easy and fast as you got them on campus in modern CFB!
I like your spirit

Advertisement
Back