INSTANT REACTION: Miami Hurricanes 2024 Schedule Reveal

View as article
The thinking that 9-3 is acceptable is a little nuts to me.

If we had taken a knee, it would have made us 8-4 last year.

Going 9-3 would mean a 1 game improvement. With all the money we have invested into getting a QB - to go with other transfers to come in and contribute, alongside the top 5 recruiting classes in back to back years - to think that a 1 game improvement is acceptable under year 3 of a regime is crazy to me.

And yes I know we technically went 7-5 - but Mario doesn't get a "pass" because he didnt make the call to take a knee. To think otherwise is asinine.

We also do not draw Clemson or UNC this year (who has beaten us like 5-6 years in a row)

Mario has always said 2025 is the year.

The reality is the rest of the team, beyond Cam, needs to look like a 10+ win team in 2024. You can't have a one year rental at QB be the reason you get to 10 wins while the rest of your team still looks like an 8 win group.

The young talent, across the team, needs to take a step up this year for that to be true. If Cam plays really well, and you're supposed to compete for a NC in 2025, then that means you're an 11 win team this year, given the schedule. Maybe you don't make it deep into the playoffs but you need to get there for the 2025 leap to happen.

Advertisement
Our evaluations have not been as good as our recruiting rankings have indicated the last 10 years or so. When we've lined up against a team like UNC we physically are no better than they are in most position groups. But yes, the coaching needs to be better and Miami has to find a way to overachieve at some point on the field.
So, it must be **** near perfect for Mario at Miami to win 8, 9, 10 or more games at Miami. Miami has out recruited Duke, Pitt, FSU and UNC! Everyone of these teams have won 9 or more at least 1 in the last 3 years. Pitt and FSU have won the ACC. UNC, Pitt and UNC have won a division! Stop with the excuses!

So, it must be **** near perfect for Mario at Miami to win 8, 9, 10 or more games at Miami. Miami has out recruited Duke, Pitt, FSU and UNC! Everyone of these teams have won 9 or more at least 1 in the last 3 years. Pitt and FSU have won the ACC. UNC, Pitt and UNC have won a division! Stop with the excuses!
We won 8 last year minus the knee and I consider that far from perfect results. And all those teams you mentioned at the end had way better qb play than us. Now with Cam Ward we have a proven signal caller.

We won 8 last year minus the knee and I consider that far from perfect results. And all those teams you mentioned at the end had way better qb play than us. Now with Cam Ward we have a proven signal caller.
Stop it! Mark Richt won 10 games with Malik Rosier starting at Miami throwing 54%! Oh by the way, Malik had 14 ints in 2017! Its called coaching! The Canes season derailed when that knee or knees wasn't take against GT! Moment and confidence was totally gone!

Stop it! Mark Richt won 10 games with Malik Rosier starting at Miami throwing 54%! Oh by the way, Malik had 14 ints in 2017! Its called coaching! The Canes season derailed when that knee or knees wasn't take against GT! Moment and confidence was totally gone!
Give me a break. That 2017 year was full of fluke W's. How quick people forget how much Richt's offense was hated and everyone wanted his son as qb coach blasted into the son. There's a reason the 2018 team fell right back down to 7-6.

Advertisement
Give me a break. That 2017 year was full of fluke W's. How quick people forget how much Richt's offense was hated and everyone wanted his son as qb coach blasted into the son. There's a reason the 2018 team fell right back down to 7-6.
They won! In the words of Bill Parcell! You are what your record, says you are! The Canes forced 33 turnovers on defense. Football has 3 parts to it. Offense, defense and special teams! Also, in 2018, Rosier was a 54% thrower! Those flukes W's were a result of a QB who was **** poor thrower/non accurate passer. The 2017 FSU vs Miami game should have ever need a last minute drive. Rosier missed 6 to 8 throws in that game that were open! 3 of them would have been TD's! Oh by the way, Miami starting QB 2017 to 2019 be it Rosier, Perry or Willams averaged being 54% throwers. In our modern day, your QB needs to be at least 60%! That 6% or higher matters!

Advertisement
Back