InsideTheU’s Latest Pod - Fire

Advertisement
What about Jacurri Brown? He has the strongest arm and the physical tools too along with running ability. I could are less he is a true freshman.

Was his injury unrelated to the surgery he had in the off season I wonder, and we need him starting for conference play
I believe it was. If he's OK Zion, Rivers, Clark, Scaife, Campbell should be the starters left to right I imagine.

I didn’t watch much of the game Saturday. Has Porter really been that bad to the point where you don’t play him over Ivey and Couch? At this point I’ll take anyone except Curtis over Ivey and Couch.
He hasn't played. 19 snaps in BC, 4 snaps in Southern Miss,, 0 snaps in aTm, 20 snaps in MTSU. Same thing with Taylor - 12 (BC), 19 (SM), 16 (aTm), 26 (MTSU). And that's only 2 examples - Moultrie 40 total snaps, Bissainthe 28 total snaps. Lichtenstein 38 snaps, etc., etc., etc.

I believe it was. If he's OK Zion, Rivers, Clark, Scaife, Campbell should be the starters left to right I imagine.
Yes that's definitely the best 5 lineman I believe too especially after Justice had a rough game last week putting Scaife at guard over him would be good

Advertisement
James Williams is the definition of 1 step forward 3 steps back

As the saying goes, "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king".

Miami needs to stack talent because this is something that's been hurting the team for awhile. When you have raw talent that is much better than the surrounding players you play them for obvious reasons but there's nobody to push them and force them to refine. A team like Bama has multiple James Williams and you don't allow that level of, "I'm better than everybody, they're gonna play me, I'm good as I am".

I don't care how talented you are, Miami needs to create a culture where a 5 star guy steps in the door and thinks, "****, I'm just another guy".

Smith be open often! He is a pretty good WR. Has the speed and is a deep threat. But we don’t look to target him. He is WR 1 period! Even with X in the lineup, Smith should be option one because he’s always open.

Kid has TWO kickoff returns for touchdowns.

He gets past his man often. He and TVD are not on the same page at all. Garcia went right too him.

Kid needs the ball in his hands.

I think it being the bye week, it's their one opportunity to give TVD another chance but - as you mentioned - they should have a short leash on him. B/c if they put Jake in and he doesn't play well, then what? You can't go back and forth with them. The bye week gives them the opportunity to say that they worked on some things and still believe TVD is the guy and then if he plays like crap again, you pull him.

Now if behind the scenes TVD is not showing the right attitude, Jake looks better than him in practice or it is clear that the team has given up on TVD, then yes - just go ahead and pull TVD now.

All that being said - and as someone who was never previously on the Jake should be playing ahead of TVD wagon - the attitude (or at least the perceived one from what we have seen on TV and interviews) from TVD this season does not seem like it is in a good place. Not sure if he is just super frustrated with the offense, himself or what but it doesn't give me much hope that things are going to turn around for him as long as he is here.
You start Garcia no matter what
This offense doesn’t have a single leader or Alfa
The team seems to rally around Garcia
That alone is more than enough to start him

Advertisement
Notes:

- Stop playing man on D because the secondary is awful.
- Time for Flagg to be pushed aside
- Stop bunching offensive formations. This team can’t execute that. Get rid of them. ASAP.
- Stay with Tyler for now and see how he comes out next game.
- Tyler needs to be tougher mentally. This is not good enough and scouts will make note of it. He’s too introverted. But he is also more of a pro than Jake right now. More responsible that Jake.
- Jake is more spontaneous, less disciplined but the team loves his attitude. He still needs quite a bit of work.
- Plenty of talent in this team to beat MTSU and this was a catastrophe.
- James Williams was a disaster. Awful tackling.
- Coach Feld needs to tweet less and train more. Less cringy Instagram and more results. Oof.
- Tyler is too streaky. Moody on the field. Takes a while for him to heat up or rebound.
- Tyler can make all the throws and this offense is not working for him. Gattis needs to change things to help Tyler.

Players that need more playtime on O:
- Arroyo; time for Mallory to make room. Make it 50/50 share. Mallory is simply too limited. Arroyo has a lot of talent.
- Inject Skinner into the offense. His agility is next level.
- Start Frank Ladsden. He and K. Smith are the best WR right now. Work then.
- Get Justice out of the starting 5 and replace him with Zion in that lineup.

Players that need more playtime on D:
- Daryl Porter should be playing more. Getting more snaps. A college coach told Gaby this. Lake and Gaby strongly agree.
- Play DP over DJ Ivey now and see what happens. Can’t get any worse.
- It’s time for Wesley B to start. Invest in his future now. He has the ability and attitude to make plays.
- Caleb Johnson needs to play more. He needs to start. Unsure why that has yet to happen.
- James Williams and Kinchens look to comfy. Want Avante to get more opportunities and push the starters.

Culture, talent and coaching.
- What is holding the team back the most? Culture is a huge issue. It’s existed for many years and it needs to change ASAP.
- A lot of the current talent lacks that urgency, attitude and commitment. There are no winners on this roster. They are way too comfy being mediocre and fall back on the brand.
- MTSU loss is on the coaching staff. Period.
- Culture will get fixed. Talent as well. But it’s going to take longer. Because the current coaching staff are not able to mask the deficiencies.

The rest is all about current high school players that Miami must get in order to change this culture. You can listen to that on your own time.

Peace.
- Culture will get fixed. Talent as well. But it’s going to take longer. Because the current coaching staff are not able to mask the deficiencies.

$12M staff can't mask deficiencies to beat a Conference USA team??? Does it take $20M?

We played cover 2 and Tae and Kam did wtf the wanted to. Secondary lacks smart players

Can't afford to let Tyler put you in a deep hole, especially with this ****** offense

James Williams is the definition of 1 step forward 3 steps back

It's been time for Flagg but he's just so much better mentally then everyone behind him

Gattis changed some stuff and Tyler was still looking like Preston Dewey
Wow Preston Dewey…I remember when we recruited him and Golden and staff thought we found a diamond in the rough…😂🤣😂

Advertisement
Can’t blame thst move
Cambell has played enough to keep his job
Campbell has played RT before though. You put him at RT!! Period!! These coaches done fked up two guys who were being listed as potential first rounders 🤣

Advertisement
They made a good point as well regarding Gattis being OC & WR coach as I didn’t like the set up from the beginning.

If in dual roles, it should be OC & QB coach. That’s an issue that he’s not in there breaking down film with the OC, but instead the WRs. Plus the current QB coach is the passing coordinator. Even if they are doing meetings together and watching film together, it doesn’t make sense.
The thing about this is if you’re oc is gonna be the wr coach I think your qb coach should be someone who has been working in this system with you before. Besides gattis and that assistant wr coach he brought in nobody knows the offense so for a qb coach especially how can u prepare your group when you’re learning too

Advertisement
Back