Insiders Where We at with DL Recruiting?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario keeps recruiting very close to the vest; he is recruiting kids we dont even know about and putting out disinformation on others. The only name we know for sure, is Bain.
Are we recruiting that freak of nature Harbor at DE? I think so yeah?

In past years I wouldn’t give us much of a shot there but it’s a new day. That kid is a game changer

Advertisement
we'll be fine!!

Favorite to land Collins Acheampong
Favorite to land R. Bain
LSU/Cane battle for Jaxon Howard
Seriously in it for Nyck Harbor
Seriously in it for Jayden Wayne
Seriously in it for David Hicks
Seriously in it for Bai Jobe
Totally agree (add a few others to that list as well). However, most of those guys seem like ends, so I'm curious what the plan at DT is.

Could you Mods, Insiders and those in the know provide a DL only positional update with who we are recruiting and where we stand? Games won up front. If already available please direct me. Thanks in advance

Interms of interior dlinemen Miami has been swinging for the fences with true DT types we have brought in for Official Visits but it's not looking pretty so far.

David Hicks
John Walker
Sydir Mitchell
Jordan Hall

Go Canes

we'll be fine!!

Favorite to land Collins Acheampong
Favorite to land R. Bain
LSU/Cane battle for Jaxon Howard
Seriously in it for Nyck Harbor
Seriously in it for Jayden Wayne
Seriously in it for David Hicks
Seriously in it for Bai Jobe

We'll be fine???

What about the interior DT's I see you left them off of your list. Remember the game is won from the inside out.

Go Canes

Go Canes

We'll be fine???

What about the interior DT's I see you left them off of your list. Remember the game is won from the inside out.

Go Canes

Go Canes
Wayne and Hicks grow into unblockable interior DTs.

Also, Mario works in the dark. Sure we are recruiting DTs that most of us haven't even heard of.

We've got Mario leading the charge now, so yes, we'll be fine

Advertisement
Interms of interior dlinemen Miami has been swinging for the fences with true DT types we have brought in for Official Visits but it's not looking pretty so far.

David Hicks
John Walker
Sydir Mitchell
Jordan Hall

Go Canes
was afraid of that. Thanks

@bobbydigius posted Shodell's update in D$'s The Bank thread where he identified multiple DL targets leaning Miami:

-----

Shodell just came through with the strongest batch of orange and green kool aid since maybe 2004...

-----

Here's list of guys I feel good about landing coming out of it (not including current commits) ... would list all of below at 70 percent chance or better of landing at this point:

RB Christopher Johnson Jr.
WR Jalen Brown
WR Nathaniel Joseph
TE Riley Williams
OL Francis Mauigoa
DL Collins Acheampong
DL Rueben Bain
DL Jayden Wayne

Others in the next tier that I also think have good chance to wind up at UM but am not quite as high on chances?
OL Tommy Kinsler (current UF Commit), wouldn't shock me if flips
OL Samson Okunlola 65% chance imo
WR Andy Jean 50/50
DL Jaxon Howard 50/50
DL Bai Jobe 50/50
DL Samuel M'Pemba 50/50
DL John Walker 60%

DB Jaylon Braxton 65%
DB Damari Brown 60%
DB Robert Stafford 65%

LB in particular has some gaps to fill in as we move forward here

@bobbydigius posted Shodell's update in D$'s The Bank thread where he identified multiple DL targets leaning Miami:

-----

Shodell just came through with the strongest batch of orange and green kool aid since maybe 2004...

-----

Here's list of guys I feel good about landing coming out of it (not including current commits) ... would list all of below at 70 percent chance or better of landing at this point:

RB Christopher Johnson Jr.
WR Jalen Brown
WR Nathaniel Joseph
TE Riley Williams
OL Francis Mauigoa
DL Collins Acheampong
DL Rueben Bain
DL Jayden Wayne

Others in the next tier that I also think have good chance to wind up at UM but am not quite as high on chances?
OL Tommy Kinsler (current UF Commit), wouldn't shock me if flips
OL Samson Okunlola 65% chance imo
WR Andy Jean 50/50
DL Jaxon Howard 50/50
DL Bai Jobe 50/50
DL Samuel M'Pemba 50/50
DL John Walker 60%

DB Jaylon Braxton 65%
DB Damari Brown 60%
DB Robert Stafford 65%

LB in particular has some gaps to fill in as we move forward here
The biggest surprise there was Walker, didn't think we were really in it.

Advertisement
It also won't be this 6'6" 350lbs monster either, unfortunately. 2023 NT Jamaal Jarrett will be Jordan Davis 2.0. UGA 's DT haul for the classes of 22' and 23' should be illegal.

Go canes

Was hoping we picked up steam with his recruitment but he probably didn’t show love back, if I had to guess.

Also, Mario works in the dark. Sure we are recruiting DTs that most of us haven't even heard of.

Collins A. can grow into a DT, no?

We will be fine on the edges but I am a little concerned on the Interior. Maybe with a great season we can get on some of these national kids radar.

Growing into a DT body eventually is not the issue, it's more so playing inside full time requires a violent angry grown man mentality, which most D-Ends don't have. Having to fight off 600lbs of equally angry grown men that are intent on whooping your ***, is not something most D-ends want to do for 40 snaps a game.

So that whole adage of taking a big Dend and making him into a elite Defensive Tackle has run its time, Today's defense requires a true DT that has always played inside. There is reason UGA is stockpiling 300+lbs DT'S as recruited signees instead trying to covert a bunch of D-Ends into eventual DTs 3 years from now.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back