Insiders Where We at with DL Recruiting?

Growing into a DT body eventually is not the issue, it's more so playing inside full time requires a violent angry grown man mentality, which most D-Ends don't have. Having to fight off 600lbs of equally angry grown men that are intent on whooping your ***, is not something most D-ends want to do for 40 snaps a game.

So that whole adage of taking a big Dend and making him into a elite Defensive Tackle has run its time, Today's defense requires a true DT that has always played inside. There is reason UGA is stockpiling 300+lbs DT'S as recruited signees instead trying to covert a bunch of D-Ends into eventual DTs 3 years from now.

Go Canes

đź’Ż

If we are serious about playing big boy football, some of that NIL $ needs to be sent to some 40 year looking teenager who is built like Shaq.

It takes a certain physicality to play inside. Most DL who play on the edge, do not want to be inside. This is why I stressed, with Manny, that we need a coach whose actually played the game at a decent level. Fattening an edge and moving him inside works on Madden. But, in real life, there aren't many successful stories.

Achempong is a project. I read somewhere that he hasn't played actual football in some years. If this is the case, he's going to take some serious time to develop.

Nobody knows how Bain will develop. Ive always considered him to be a 'joker' DL that will probably play everywhere, depending on down and distance.

We NEED a legit, space-eating, fire-breathing, war daddy. And, like T-Rob mentioned last year, there aren't many of those people on this planet. And, unfortunately, it doesn't seem like to are making any traction with recruits that fit this bill.

I was hoping Anez Cooper would come in and show us something but it seems like he's dead set on playing RG and slimmed down for the challenge

Advertisement
Just another completely ridiculous post from Pablanos. This kid doesn't move well at all. If we're going to praise giant humans moving well, use a real example like this guy. Watson is nowhere near this.

Jordan Davis struggled with his weight his 1st year at UGA also to the point they moved him to oline. Then he got his **** together by his junior year an was moved back to defense full time. Before you talk **** know your history

Go Canes

Jordan Davis struggled with his weight his 1st year at UGA also to the point they moved him to oline. Then he got his **** together by his junior year an was moved back to defense full time. Before you talk **** no your history

Go Canes
Know*

Advertisement
We'll be fine???

What about the interior DT's I see you left them off of your list. Remember the game is won from the inside out.

Go Canes

Go Canes
LT, Jackson, Roberts, Haye, Moton, Cooper, are guys with multiple years to play or freshman. Bain will end up there. MES will be a D end who can go inside on pass rushing situations. We may portal 1-2 D tackles, or someone will come we aren’t expecting.

LT, Jackson, Roberts, Haye, Moton, Cooper, are guys with multiple years to play or freshman. Bain will end up there. MES will be a D end who can go inside on pass rushing situations. We may portal 1-2 D tackles, or someone will come we aren’t expecting.
Roberts has been here for about 3 years and seems to still be in the 270-275 lb range so not sure he ever grows into a DT here and Cooper is expected to start at OL.We need 1 or 2 DTs in this class,pretty sure we're recruiting 1 or 2 from Alabama.

Advertisement
Roberts has been here for about 3 years and seems to still be in the 270-275 lb range so not sure he ever grows into a DT here and Cooper is expected to start at OL.We need 1 or 2 DTs in this class,pretty sure we're recruiting 1 or 2 from Alabama.
We have enough guys this year if we sign Bain and if Collins A commits her absolutely is a candidate for DT at 6-7 255 right now. We will add guys inside. Roberts has also been hurt. In a 4 man Front Roberts can help at 275. Also, the M Pemba kid is a candidate to play inside also. In the end we will sign guys

Last edited:
Huge uphill battle, but would of loved to see us steal James Smith and Russaw from Bama as payback for all these years. Doesnt seem like were in it for them anymore.

When he gets down to 340lbs let's revisit this thread, and I am betting ya'll will be singing a different song. The young man can play, even though he is a Gator.

He is down to 400lbs and can bench 560lbs as a freshman, soooo my money is on big boy getting down to 350ish by his junior year.

Go Canes

listed at 439lbs on this weeks depth chart. Not looking good for ya boy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When he gets down to 340lbs let's revisit this thread, and I am betting ya'll will be singing a different song. The young man can play, even though he is a Gator.

He is down to 400lbs and can bench 560lbs as a freshman, soooo my money is on big boy getting down to 350ish by his junior year.

Go Canes
He is currently as heavy as a 250cc ATV (439 lbs).

Revisited, just because.

Gaby mentioned Miami is on a DL currently committed to an "SEC" school, and Miami has some traction there.

Also I feel like we have some traction with DT Jordan Hall out of Jacksonville. Would be a big time DT.

Advertisement
Back