Insiders Question: What's the analysis on Simpson?

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
How is Simpson doing training our DL to be effective DLinemen?
How is Simpson doing on the recruiting trail?

Advertisement
our d line so far
Garvin - has improved
Willis - massively improved
JJ - I haven't seen much improvement in him
Beth - not much improvement

i think its too early to really answer
in terms of recruiting its not hard to outrecruit nothing which basically was kul

Gerald Willis is on pace for the best season as a DT since Aaron Donald or some **** so you tell me

Advertisement
Good sign is that he is taking guys who are high level talents and making them look like high level players. (Garvin, Willis, Rousseu before injury, JoeJax in spurts)..JJax has had a good season people just don't see that because of his low sack numbers.

Bethel shouldn't be a starter here. Solid backup is his role. He has to get something out of Ford by next year. That is his offseason project.

I believe you guys are being way too tough on bethel...I believe it's more scheme than ability

Acting like Bethel was mauled by LSU. He was not.

Bethel can play here we just didn't expect him to fill the primary roll.

Norton is enjoying a solid NFL..........ohh wait....

Bethel has made more plays this year than last. He did a good job last game against FIU. Don't try and compare him to WIllis, WIllis is having a ridiculous year right now.

Advertisement
What's going on with D Jax? I haven't seen him on the field much. Is he still dealing with the knee injury?

Acting like Bethel was mauled by LSU. He was not.

Bethel can play here we just didn't expect him to fill the primary roll.

Norton is enjoying a solid NFL..........ohh wait....

Right..Imho it looks as if he's the plug and is coached to occupy blockers so everyone can eat...like Norton did last season.

Advertisement
our d line so far
Garvin - has improved
Willis - massively improved
JJ - I haven't seen much improvement in him
Beth - not much improvement

i think its too early to really answer
in terms of recruiting its not hard to outrecruit nothing which basically was kul

JJ has been hurt so well see how the rest of the season plays out for him

Advertisement
Said it in another thread. Our DL is playing the run better than last season. He maybe a better overall coach than Kool who is elite and coaching pass rushers. We did get gash a bunch of times by the run.

We'll see if it keeps up...outside of LSU...defensive stats are skewed a bit imho

they were pretty good against LSU tho. the only big bust was the 50 yard run but other than that, they've held LSU to under 4 a carry

We are better against the run - don't lose gap assignment as easy (which a DL player mentioned as a difference between Kul & Simpson)

Advertisement
Back