Insiders Question: What's the analysis on Simpson?

Advertisement
I think he may be a good coach but so far I don't see any signs that he's a pass rush technician.

Somebody tell me the last time they saw one of our DL (specifically the DE's) use a pass rush move. Jackson bull rushes every time and Garvin simply tried to rip around the edge. First and only time I saw a DE actually slap an OL's hands down was Patchan duruing Redwine's interception. Loved it.

Nobody can sit here and honestly tell me that our DE's have gotten better against the pass. Both of our starting DE's have one thing they rely on and when it doesn't work they get stalemated.

I think he may be a good coach but so far I don't see any signs that he's a pass rush technician.

Somebody tell me the last time they saw one of our DL (specifically the DE's) use a pass rush move. Jackson bull rushes every time and Garvin simply tried to rip around the edge. First and only time I saw a DE actually slap an OL's hands down was Patchan duruing Redwine's interception. Loved it.

Nobody can sit here and honestly tell me that our DE's have gotten better against the pass. Both of our starting DE's have one thing they rely on and when it doesn't work they get stalemated.

Another 100% wrong poRst by the head CoRch himself

the sample size for this early part of the schedule is not a great measure....lets get into conference play starting Thursday and see how our numbers look after a few games with the D-line.

Advertisement

I agree 100%. I havent seen any pass rush moves. What confuses me however is that Joe jackson had 2 years under Kul and i never saw him use any pass rush moves in those 2 years either. Garvin didnt play all that much last year but the 2 big plays he made against ND and Vtech were both rip around the edges.

I swear to Butch Davis we rarely hand fight on the edges like we used to.

Hasn't been good since Radio left.

Simpson is clearly an upgrade to the past DL coach with recruiting - because Simpson does recruit unlike his predecessor.

And we'll end up with the proper numbers along the DL in the '19 class. We're already off to a fine start.

And we're looking good early in the '20 and '21 DL classes too (and Sapp at STA just got his Miami offer, per 24/7).

Other than this, it's too early to say.

But our improvement on 3rd downs is really impressive. Hope we keep it up through the entire season.

But I've always paid more attention to points allowed per game. If they can't score, it's awful hard to beat us.

Lol at I haven’t seen any pass rush moves and ppl agreeing to that dumb ****. MoRcho and co wants to see one end doing cart wheels and the other end doing a ballerina twirl. 🤡

The Dline is better than it was under Kul case closed.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back