Initial thoughts

Besides our current recruits, camp seems like a Dud

last year seemed like a huge event

Look at our commit list and compare it to last year at this time. You're apparently disappointed because we already have everyone committed, which is just laughably ridiculous.

And they did invite only this year, whereas last year pretty much anyone could come. So yes, there were less kids there. And that was planned

**** u act liek im going to commit suicide relax im happy about who was there and our class......relax

Advertisement
Osu who has the #1 class in the country didn't get a single commit at their Friday night lights camp either because their class is so stacked like Miami and only have a few spots. When you are doing very well in recruiting this tends to happen

Besides our current recruits, camp seems like a Dud
Had Michael Irvin, Devin Hester, Willis McGahee, Najeh Davenport, Calais Campbell, Vince Wilfork, Jeremy Shockey, Antrel Rolle, Kenny Phillips, Jon Beason, DJ Williams, Bryant McKinnie & Brett Romberg as the Coaches, and oh yeah.. The greatest Safety in NFL history Ed Reed as the guest speaker.

Lorenzo Lingard, Al Blades Jr, Josh Jobe, DJ Ivey, Gurvan Hall, Mark Pope, Delone Scaife, Cleveland Reed, Nesta Silvera, Will Mallory, Daquris Wiggins & John Campbell all attended.

Plus, great 2019 QB's like Zamar Wise & Taisun Phommachanh showed up & performed well.

There were several other high profile 2019 prospects like Jashawn Sheffield, Michael Tarquin, Jessiah Pierre etc., were there as well.

We also got a commit from a 2019 4-star OT in Brandon Cunningham, who has great upside & is a big strong athletic kid.

The difference is, last year more people knew about the 2018 class, so they were more excited about who showed up.
This year, most on here don't really know too many 2019 kids, so it doesn't appear to be as impressive.

Also, this year the staff was a lot more stringent with the invites, they didn't just let any prospect show up, so it was a smaller amount of players this year.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to say this year's Paradise was a "dud" to me is simply choosing to look at it negatively.

I think it was a **** of an event & it will continue to be a great tradition for Miami, the likes of which we haven't had before.

I think it was such a big deal last year, BECAUSE it was the first time in so long that Miami was bringing in all the former UM greats to be apart of the program, BECAUSE remember the coach before CMR had stop letting the former players come around the program.. And it was CMR 1st year here and him introducing the Paradise Camp was something new in the eyes of fans and the ppl of Miami!! And once the word got out about who was coming as coaches, it just blow up.. BUT it was the 1st Paradise Camp and it had a lot of buzz along with the buzz of hiring Mark Richt as Miami's new coach!! The 2nd Paradise Camp was a success as well, CMR just didn't send all the invites like he did a year ago, I guess CMR learned from last year (invite the kid's that have true UM interest and not just everybody), this year's Camp looked more like a private setting for recruits, I think CMR wanted it to covet the Storm18' class more than anything!!

[MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION]... Thanks for the break down of all the stud recruits Miami had on hand for the 2nd annual Paradise Camp!!

We got our guys this year. We lead for more targets.

But as always never count a staff out. No talked about Jeff Thomas on this board until late December to be honest. So never rule out getting a surprise big time commit late in the game. Especially now that early signing is here and we can see who real and who fake.

Especially if we have a really big season too

I really feel we need to win the coastal at very least to keep this recruiting momentum going. Hope and promise will only get you so far.

We are like 10 scholarship spots under 85. We have a lot of space. That's why I see us taking like 27-28 kids

Yep, 28 is the max we can take. Not sure if we do it though.

We have 76 scholarship players (could be 77 depending on if Willis' scholarship is already counted - which would just be given to a walkon), 10 of which are seniors and graduating no matter what. That means we have either 18 or 19 open spots....lets just assume 19

That would mean the most EE's we can possibly backcount is 9 or less (most likely less) just purely based on available space alone. That would mean according to the initial counter limit per class the most we could sign is actually 34. However we also can only backcount 2018 EE's until the initial counter for 2017 reaches 25. Basically unless you have all the info, its really hard to know this, and it gets complicated. More than likely I'd say 5 would be a good guess, especially since we signed over 25 in 2017. Either way, I'd bet this is still 30+, so we really don't have to worry about the initial counter limit.

However without any attrition between now and NSD, the most we could possibly sign is 19 according to the full 85 man counter, Otherwise we are officially oversigning, which is not good. That means for every recruit over 19 we sign, we have to have someone leave due to attrition. To get a class of 28 that would mean 9 guys leaving, which is a lot. I don't think it'd be crazy to lose 10 from attrition, but regardless I don't think it'd be smart to oversign too much in this class. It's best to keep as close to 25 as possible, Especially since every player we take in this class reduces the already small number we will take in 2019.

I started a thread a while back saying we could take 30+ this year, and while there's a chance that could be possible, there's a lot of info in that thread that indicates we can only carry 3 EEs back to 2017.

Yeah doing the math on the EE back counting can get complicated because it's like 95% guess work. But obviously if we can only yet 3 EEs back counted, that means only 28 no matter what.
But I was kinda saying this, just hecause the max possible could be in the 30s, doesn't change anything imo. I would be very surprised to see us sign too many more than 25.
If you really look at it, we're Gunna need to have like 5+ RS SO and below leave through attrition to even be able to take like 15 in 2019. The class is going to be super mall. And that's what happens when you continuously sign over 25 in recruiting classes. Ideally you sign 25 or less every year.

We will have plenty of attrition, just watch.

Ideally, you sign 25 every year and cut the non contributors.

Advertisement
Osu who has the #1 class in the country didn't get a single commit at their Friday night lights camp either because their class is so stacked like Miami and only have a few spots. When you are doing very well in recruiting this tends to happen

That's why the f a g s on gheybait, like SUckGator51, who are pounding their chests and claiming that Friday Night Bites > Paradise, are idiotic. Our class is nearly full and at the top of the rankings. Their class was at 40. They need to add a number of players still. It was most important for us to continue to lock down this class and lay the foundations for future classes. We did that.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention Gregory Rousseau, Kayode Oladele & Davoan Hawkins were there too.

2020 Chantz Williams, Jalen Rivers & Don Chaney (The Phenom).

**** El! You making the kid the first stop for the short bus. There was a list of almost all the attending commits and future classes posted, plus all the famous alumni. Some people you just have to SYH

Advertisement
Back