Initial thoughts

Advertisement
This camp served its purpose.
Have our commits create even stronger bonds
Having our legends around our guys
Putting in work in both the 2019 and 2020 class

I know we probably won't get plenty of commits from the camp but when you realize how many elite kids we have committed that doesn't even matter tbh.... In years past these kids would be uncommitted however now we got so many elite committed like a pope, jobe, hall, blades, scaife, lingard, mallory and a host of others. They are already committed

We have 19 commits already with room for about 8-9 more

see us adding max of like 7 more players to this class

We are like 10 scholarship spots under 85. We have a lot of space. That's why I see us taking like 27-28 kids

This camp served its purpose.
Have our commits create even stronger bonds
Having our legends around our guys
Putting in work in both the 2019 and 2020 class

I know we probably won't get plenty of commits from the camp but when you realize how many elite kids we have committed that doesn't even matter tbh.... In years past these kids would be uncommitted however now we got so many elite committed like a pope, jobe, hall, blades, scaife, lingard, mallory and a host of others. They are already committed

We have 19 commits already with room for about 8-9 more

see us adding max of like 7 more players to this class

We are like 10 scholarship spots under 85. We have a lot of space. That's why I see us taking like 27-28 kids

Yep, 28 is the max we can take. Not sure if we do it though.

Advertisement
Wow do you really think Mallory is better then Jordan?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ive always thought that but Brevins a good player but Mallory is just insane especially when he hits the college weight room......i agree with pete he is a special player hes close to the top

as far as immediate impact is concerned, he's not going to be able to be an inline TE at all. Maybe after a year or two he'll grow into it, but only way he plays day 1 is if he's flexed out or something. Dudes going to struggle to put on a GOOD 30lbs of weight. But he definitely will have the opportunity since all we're going to have is Irvin jr and Polendey....both of whom are inline TEs. So he's actually in a really good situation to get PT.

Ive always thought that but Brevins a good player but Mallory is just insane especially when he hits the college weight room......i agree with pete he is a special player hes close to the top

as far as immediate impact is concerned, he's not going to be able to be an inline TE at all. Maybe after a year or two he'll grow into it, but only way he plays day 1 is if he's flexed out or something. Dudes going to struggle to put on a GOOD 30lbs of weight. But he definitely will have the opportunity since all we're going to have is Irvin jr and Polendey....both of whom are inline TEs. So he's actually in a really good situation to get PT.
True it will be nice to see us use some double tight end sets with them in the future

Besides our current recruits, camp seems like a Dud

Negative lots of players there for 2019 and 2020 beyond...our 2018 class is pretty much full with the exception of certain people we're after.

This is the staff gettijgnour current commits to hang out, bond and get coached up by some of our greatest ever to play. To understand what that U family is all about..

They also get a nice look at 2019 and beyond

True it will be nice to see us use some double tight end sets with them in the future

Deftinitely will, both of those guys are talented. I see Jordan stepping in day 1 as the top tight end since he has the weight and can block and is elite in receiving. Where as mallory will be used like njoku(some in line once he gets more weight) and a lot in the seam/slot

Advertisement

WM catch radius is retarded......remmeber he has a whole year of js ball then if he enrolls early he will put on the weight no doubt.....he could be a good 225 or 230 by tge time that season starts who knows we shall see.

Just seemed like last year had bigger named prospects then this year or could it be that all the big dogs we're after we got committed?

Just seemed like last year had bigger named prospects then this year or could it be that all the big dogs we're after we got committed?

Those guys are already committed to miami that's the point

Only top 50 player Miami is after or really IN it for that's not committed is tyson campbell.
Yeah we have other targets but they aren't rated too high like
another olineman,
Dennis Briggs,
Patrick Joyner
Rosendo Louis
Another receiver
Another dt
Another de

Last edited:
Advertisement

Deftinitely will, both of those guys are talented. I see Jordan stepping in day 1 as the top tight end since he has the weight and can block and is elite in receiving. Where as mallory will be used like njoku(some in line once he gets more weight) and a lot in the seam/slot
They will definetly make one of the best Tight end Duos in college in the future.

We got our guys this year. We lead for more targets.

But as always never count a staff out. No talked about Jeff Thomas on this board until late December to be honest. So never rule out getting a surprise big time commit late in the game. Especially now that early signing is here and we can see who real and who fake.

We got our guys this year. We lead for more targets.

But as always never count a staff out. No talked about Jeff Thomas on this board until late December to be honest. So never rule out getting a surprise big time commit late in the game. Especially now that early signing is here and we can see who real and who fake.

Especially if we have a really big season too

Advertisement
Will Mallory might be the best player in the class

Not to take even 1% away from Mallory, but it's the position. 6'4"+ big bodies who can run & catch are nearly impossible to cover w/ today's DBs. The only players big enough to cover them are freak pass-rushers, the only players who could cover them are smaller DBs. This is 1 of the reasons Miami was great in the mid-80s to early 2000s was b/c no one else was as good as us at utilizing the TE as a weapon.

Super excited about this class in part b/c of the great TEs we have coming.

Go Canes!

With the new recruiting rules that go with the early signing period, it seems like there is a hard cap of 25 scholarships per class.

The Big 12 president just went on record and said that's his understanding, so no more ability to take more than that, even if you have the space.

I'm guessing our coaches are well aware of this, which is why (for example) we're only looking to take 1 LB.

So with a class that's almost full, how could anyone be disappointed by the turnout? They clearly were focusing on the 19 and 20 kids, where we crushed it in terms of getting guys here

With the new recruiting rules that go with the early signing period, it seems like there is a hard cap of 25 scholarships per class.

The Big 12 president just went on record and said that's his understanding, so no more ability to take more than that, even if you have the space.

I'm guessing our coaches are well aware of this, which is why (for example) we're only looking to take 1 LB.

So with a class that's almost full, how could anyone be disappointed by the turnout? They clearly were focusing on the 19 and 20 kids, where we crushed it in terms of getting guys here

I don't think this is accurate. The new rule effectively eliminates oversigning (i.e., gray shirts and blue shirts), but does not prevent you from counting EE's back to the previous year to the extent that you were under the 25 and 85 limits in the previous year.

Besides our current recruits, camp seems like a Dud

last year seemed like a huge event

Look at our commit list and compare it to last year at this time. You're apparently disappointed because we already have everyone committed, which is just laughably ridiculous.

And they did invite only this year, whereas last year pretty much anyone could come. So yes, there were less kids there. And that was planned

Advertisement
Back