Influx of Talent at WR: Poll

Which Freshman WR is the most productive in 2020?

• Dazalin Worsham

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Michael Redding

Votes: 100 39.8%
  • Keshawn Smith

Votes: 86 34.3%
  • Xavier Restrepo

Votes: 53 21.1%

• Total voters
Barring injury, you’re talking about 9 scholarship receivers. I understand the new offense will use more receivers but the 8th and 9th guys aren’t seeing the field outside of a super blowout. With the four game redshirt rule now, the guys at the bottom of the depth chart will probably get some action against Wagner but that’s about it. There’s going to be at least two guys getting redshirted.

Advertisement
Restrepo and Redding can contribute in specific roles. They are physically ready. Redding can run and jump (vertical space). Restrepo can take advantage of horizontal space and pace.

Worsham and Smith are all-around guys with better separation skills but they need to adjust to physical college corners to assert their game. Smith has more bulk and fewer health concerns.

Not expecting much from the freshman.

We didn’t land a Stacy Coley or AR15 this cycle IMO. We have some solid guys though I just don’t see game breakers.

Mark Pope was the last game-changing type prospect we landed. I hope to see him turn it up this year though. Most talented WR on the roster right now. It’s his time or no time.

we should land some stud WR in this 21 class though if this season goes well.

Jeremiah Payton is definitely a future impact player.

Advertisement
I'm gonna go with Restrepo, I think working in the slot will give him a better chance to see the field vs the other 3, and the more time on the field, the more opportunities he will get. In the long run, I think Redding will be the best of the 4.

Advertisement
Poll: Which Freshman WR do you believe will be the most productive in 2020?

*Dazalin Worsham - Speed, Route-running. Highlights
*Michael Redding - Well rounded, High ceiling given measurables. Highlights
*Keshawn Smith - Great on tape; doesn't tackle himself, great vision, plays big, sticky hands, decent speed. Highlights
*Xavier Restrepo - In the mold of Braxton Berrios, minus some muscle. Very competitive. Highlights

We didn't get a 5 star, but the first 3 guys have the ability to play any WR position at Miami. Most importantly, all 4 have attributes that fit well with the offense we intend to run. This is the biggest influx of WR talent that we've had in quite some time. Personally, I think Keshawn Smith will be the most productive due to reasons mentioned above. What say you?

This is easy. Redding. Xman might surprise some folks but it's Redding. Smith and Worsham need a redshirt.

worsham will get buried and then enter the transfer portal. I’m not sold on him at all. Y’all can crown if you want to, but I just don’t see it.

With the number of snaps we’re expecting to have per game, we’re gong to need a freshman or two to step up.

Restrepo and Redding look to be the logical choices.

Advertisement
Don’t particularly like any of them. Maybe one or two might develop into productive guys but there is no star power in this class.

This is easy. Redding. Xman might surprise some folks but it's Redding. Smith and Worsham need a redshirt.

idk, Dazalin Is in the mold of Robby Anderson. Just let him work on the outside and he’s a big play waiting to happen. And his hands are underrated.

The first 3 games of the season I expect to see all of them get a lot of snaps.

After that it will probably just be Redding.

But who knows? A few years back no one would have expected Wiggins to be the Frosh to get so much playing time.

Advertisement
None. Most freshman don't contribute at all.

CIS makes paper heroes out of new additions over and over and over only to see them do nothing.

fall2.gif

Advertisement
Back