Incoming Players Weight Room...

Advertisement
Tyre Brady looks like the athlete to gain speed over the years. Herb was a 4.7 guy now he's running 4.3s. Expect the same with Brady.

tyre brady ran around a 4.8 at a couple camps before his Sr year as well. dude just doesnt have that much speed. he'll have to make up for it in other ways.

Tyre Brady looks like the athlete to gain speed over the years. Herb was a 4.7 guy now he's running 4.3s. Expect the same with Brady.

tyre brady ran around a 4.8 at a couple camps before his Sr year as well. dude just doesnt have that much speed. he'll have to make up for it in other ways.

40 speed and game speed are different. He definitely shows speed on film.

Can they block, shed block, catch and tackle? If not take the numbers and gtfoh. FSU have some little *** LB at 215 pounds putting the shhhh into our OL and their OL drive our DL into our secondary. Despite we outweighing them and have crazy rep numbers. Be a football player not a muscle builder.

Can they block, shed block, catch and tackle? If not take the numbers and gtfoh. FSU have some little *** LB at 215 pounds putting the shhhh into our OL and their OL drive our DL into our secondary. Despite we outweighing them and have crazy rep numbers. Be a football player not a muscle builder.

So disband the weight program and just be a baller. Got it.

Advertisement

Disagree. He just seems like a guy who hasn't been trained to run the 40. Almost positive that he'll be into the 4.5's next year.

So disband the weight program and just be a baller. Got it.
No ***** stop fapping over weight room numbers like it body building. We have all kinda strong dudes on the team we cant hold the point of attack since Golden got here

If wyche's bench and squat numbers are accurate, he needs to run on his hands and engage blockers with his feet.

Advertisement

I don't think Waters was ever a 4.7 kid while here. He ran a 4.7 at a camp in high school, on a slow field.

i seriously always thought that. Because that was all the hype...how he was a 4.7 guy then boom...he goes to the Opening in Orego and is just BLOWING by guys all summer.....Waters never was a 4/7 guy

I have a kid who's listed on ESPN as a 4.7 forty. He just arrived at his college last week and ran an electronic 4.47 during their testing.

You can't always believe these forty times from high school camps. Most aren't electronic. Some are run on poor fields.

Waters probably did run a 4.7 at some point during his high school career. (on a bad field, while he was a sophomore, or whatever)

The problem is, once ESPN (or whoever) gets a forty time from a player they put it on their site and it's engraved in stone. They never update it.

Which FSU LB's were doing that in last season's game? When he ran right at them they wanted nothing to do with the run game particularly when Duke was on the field. Their speed on the stretch plays gave us fits.

Advertisement
-Yearby put up some impressive numbers
-Owens is going to be a starter by the end of the season
-Oline weight room numbers are concerning
-Wyche might have a leg injury, those numbers can't be real
-Mayes is a better athlete than expected

O line numbers are awesome for upper classman if you look at 225 times reps. We would kill the NFL combine.

I saw a comparison on that for entire team. I don't think NFL does straight bench at combine so can't compare. Hourtelou and Wyche would be top ten at 2014 combine in the 225.

Note that I'm talking upper classmen, not freshmen. This thread is mostly freshmen.

Did somebody post the entire team somewhere?

Some of the numbers don't add up. Sometimes you can't go by that.

You ever watch Brady play. He has little man feet for a big guy.

Harris, McCray and Smith numbers don't make much sense to me. Neither does wyche.

Can't put much stock into these things either. Very early and guys make big gains in every department in a college weight program.

I remember Hurns was said to have ran 4.7-4.8s way before. Guy ran 4.5 at combine.

I won't put much stock into this. On the field and in the gym are two different animals.

Hurns was never that slow... He was actually believed to be the best wideout at UF's FNL... The kid always been a 4.5-6 speed... We have an issue with our wideouts speed...

What issue would that be?
They are going to outrun the qb's arms?

Dorsett could be the fastest guy in college football. Coley, Waters and Lewis seem to all be 4.4 guys.

This is college not the Jamaican Olympic sprint team, and definitely not the NFL.
Reggie Wayne proved that running crisp routes and catching the ball is much more important than blazing speed. Sure it helps to have the whole package, but last time I checked Julio Jones' and Sammy Watkins' are rarities.

We have plenty of enough speed at the skill positions, especially where it counts: wide receiver and running back.

I strongly suspect Dorsett might be the fastest guy in college FB. They reported a 4.31 but he said he really ran faster. He would have killed the NFL combine this year. He'll probably kill it next year.

Advertisement
Trevor Darling: 5.88 40 (5.83 best), 5.52 20, 13 reps of 225, 365 squat, 264 power clean, 315 bench press, 24 vertical
Tyler Grimsley: 5.40 40 (5.34 best), 4.74 20, 25 reps of 225, 405 squat, 308 power clean, 385 bench press, 24.5 vertical

Could you tell who is the 4 star or 0 star Prospect by these numbers. Grimsley is going to be a beast just watch.

Grimsley comes from a well run high school strength program. Let's just say he wasn't even the strongest of the offensive line this year at his HS and that kid will be a senior , Mike Howard.

Do some of these kids even have weight programs in high school?

Western's S & C Coach would laugh if he saw those numbers.

At some, he might. A few of the kids on that list he trained himself. (i.e. Linder brothers, Feliciano, etc.)

I know. He's a friend of mine.

Oh ok. Cool.

Best high school S&C coach in South FLA. He should be at a major college somewhere. Kids love and respect him too.

Advertisement
Back