In your opinion, if we kick FG and are down 10-9, do we win the game?

Advertisement
No. We get the ball back and TVD throws a lazy, errant interception regardless of points.

As inept as the offense was playing, NCSU was also inept offensively. Being down one point with plenty of time to drive just far enough for one of the best K to win the game for us. Defense was definitely keeping us in the game up to that point but the drive after the failed 4 & 1, they seemed frustrated, deflated and probably tired and the our inept offense became more inept. Thoughts?

The hand off to Fletcher was a very predictable play and NCSU loaded up the box to stop it.

The events that occurred in those two drives were so unlikely it isn’t funny.
I posted this last night in the game thread:

We can’t score at the 3 and a team that had 5 yards all half takes it 97 yards the other way for a TD. You really can’t make it up. It’s not the losses, it’s the way we’re losing!

Advertisement
Can’t argue against this point. Young was all by himself.
It’s easy for us to sit here and nitpick isolated incidents

But brother it’s just happening too much with TVD at this point. It’s not isolated it’s just what he’s doing now

Hard to watch

You go for it. Absolutely the right call. If Borregales had made the one he missed, then maybe you kick it there to go up 12-10. That I think would've switched the momentum. But with the way the game went, it was absolutely the right call to go for it. Maybe not the most dynamic play call, RPO to throw in the end zone would've been my choice (Colby Young was WIDE open) but nonetheless, you go for it there.

Advertisement
As inept as the offense was playing, NCSU was also inept offensively. Being down one point with plenty of time to drive just far enough for one of the best K to win the game for us. Defense was definitely keeping us in the game up to that point but the drive after the failed 4 & 1, they seemed frustrated, deflated and probably tired and the our inept offense became more inept. Thoughts?

The hand off to Fletcher was a very predictable play and NCSU loaded up the box to stop it.
Doesn’t matter what’s worse is calling TO then running same formation on 4th and 1 giving the D a free look at ur ply call then calling it anyway is so bad

Going for it was 100% the right call. No one saw a 98 yard TD drive by NC state coming although at some point the D would break. But i thought more likely we hold them inside the 20 and get the ball back with good field position. So worth the risk going for it for the TD

I have to say no. Something would have gone wrong. NC st probably would have returned the kick off for a TD. This team cannot get out of its own way.

Advertisement
I hear you, but if we handed JB the ball you know darn well they’d be keying on him (since you know it’s going to him) and we’d be lamenting TFL. When Armstrong came in the game yesterday you knew darn well he was running the ball.
and yet he was successful on his runs because of the added number.

I was happy with the call, upset with the execution

Advertisement
and yet he was successful on his runs because of the added number.

I was happy with the call, upset with the execution
I hear you again and I don’t want to belabor it, but imo he was successful on his runs because we were too dumb to key on it. I was yelling it at the tv but the defense didn’t hear me because it was clear we weren’t keying on him even though we should have. Other teams aren’t typically that dumb if we were to bring in a JB. Maybe I’m just a jaded fan……

No way do we win by kicking a field goal at that point in time. The defense was already at the brink and were barely holding on. It was the right call to go for it on 4th and 1 but it was poorly executed. TVD is worthless because he has issues being under center which is mind boggling. Something so easy that every kid learns early on seems foreign for TVD. Jacurri would’ve got under center and got that motherfocking first down. Hands down I think the staff have called off the dogs and are thinking about just saving Emory’s and Jacurri’s redshirts. Maybe they think that by showing how needy/awful we l👀k at the QB position then portal will provide. All the TVD slurping needs to stop though. TVD is the worst thing that happened to this program. I took Rosier for granted 😖 GOD what wouldn’t give for Rosier to be leading this team right now.

No. We weren't going to mount another serious drive deep into their side of the field. Failing to make the 1st or score a TD on that 4th down took the heart out of our defense.

The events that occurred in those two drives were so unlikely it isn’t funny.
I posted this last night in the game thread:

We can’t score at the 3 and a team that had 5 yards all half takes it 97 yards the other way for a TD. You really can’t make it up. It’s not the losses, it’s the way we’re losing!
thats what losers do, find anyway possible. It was an epic duel of futility by both teams at the QB position but in typical order, theirs made 1 throw, that 3rd and 8 throw

Advertisement
Back