In your opinion, if we kick FG and are down 10-9, do we win the game?

LatinCane

Sophomore
As inept as the offense was playing, NCSU was also inept offensively. Being down one point with plenty of time to drive just far enough for one of the best K to win the game for us. Defense was definitely keeping us in the game up to that point but the drive after the failed 4 & 1, they seemed frustrated, deflated and probably tired and the our inept offense became more inept. Thoughts?

The hand off to Fletcher was a very predictable play and NCSU loaded up the box to stop it.

Advertisement
If you can’t convert a 4th and 1 you deserve to lose.

It’s the same thing every week. The offense can’t do **** and you’re just waiting to the defense to finally break. Credit to them they held up for 3 drives longer than I expected. Plenty of time to do literally anything on offense.

Advertisement
Nah, we needed to score a TD to win and that was our best chance. We were gashing them and Fletcher was doing great. I get going for it. What’s at question is the play call. Was it a designed RPo and TVD missed young or was it a straight handoff? If it was the former, you need to remove the reliance on TVD to make a decision. It should have been a better playcall with 1 or 2 clear option for TVD.

No. Going for it was the right call.

The more interesting alternate situation is if Borregales doesnt miss the FG. Borregales is arguably our best player along with Bain so im not blaming him in any way. But if he makes that one and we have 9 points then we kick the FG and take the lead. Now its a more interesting what if scenario.

No. Still would have needed the offense to put 7 on the board. I don’t think scoring 12 points would’ve been enough. As well as the defense played, eventually, we were going to give up some big plays here and there because the offense sucked so bad. A touchdown and a few field goals works. Just field goals the whole game? I doubt it’s enough. Especially turning the ball over

Advertisement
No. Defense was playing well. It makes sense to think worst case they get ball on the 3. The bigger issue was 84 missing the block. It’s a first at least if he doesn’t whiff.

Decreases our chances of losing, perhaps even changes the momentum. However, realistically no. Not with the turnovers and an abomination of an overall performance.

They had an 8 man line.
Our QB is no threat to run.
Wherever #81 was lined up was where #22 was going to run it. Everyone watching the game and the NCST coaches knew what the play was.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back