In todays recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
You forgot LSU
You‘ve got a great point. Everyone I’ve listed, by name, as of late, wins their Division and their Conference except UGA who still wins their Division before facing Bama. 2 of them win Natty’s. L$U wins none of the above. That said, the question is about tiering offers and an L$U offer would probably be at the top of the “Everybody else” category but then I also look at Pedo State, as sickening as it is, and you can probably start going down the list with Auburn, the 2 big Texas schools...

I think the 3 tiers I listed by name are less debatable than the others.

Advertisement
And while Bama is at the top, I think the appeal of Clem$on has edged ahead of Bama because playing for Dabo, winning and getting to the NFL is more appealing than playing for Saban, winning and getting to the NFL.

I’m not factoring bags.

Well, you must be right. Saban never kept 3 Junior top-mid first round draft pick DLs in school for their senior year.

I am factoring bags.

UM

Assuming no bags and a return to a more even playing field, Miami and USC would be at the top.
I get that because you’re figuring that a lot of kids stay home or want to go to school in these 2 cities. But I think that becomes more of a reality if Manny succeeds. I don’t think that Bama, UGA, O$U and Clemson needed bags to out-recruit us in recent history. Our coaching has been bad. These kids also want to win and get to the NFL. Golden, D’no, Paul Williams, Mork’s Offense - that’s enough reasons besides bags.

Advertisement
I agree. We should be in the same tier with USC, Michigan, Texas, UF, and Tennessee. Big time programs who have been trying to get “back” to their glory days. The problem is we don’t have the huge donors, alumni base, or public funding like these universities.
The more I think about USC, the more I think we are really similar as a tier. It just seems like we are in a similar place with past greatness, recent failures and all the potential of sleeping giants.

It entirely depends on the region.

Only Bama is truly a national offer these days. Everyone else has their hunting territory. Clemson is SE. Ohio State is still mostly OH and NE. Oklahoma is still mostly OK and TX with some guys thrown in, mostly at skill positions. Makes sense all around.

We see GA and LSU in part because they recruit So Fla regularly. As does OSU.

As for a Miami offer, it may still have cache around the country, but we have to focus on the right kids. For too long, we have been a stepping stone offer rather than a destination.

Last edited:
i do believe that top tier schools Bama, Clemson, UGA,OU. OSU and a few more are dropping bags
however lets consider the other factor
#1 Staffs elite programs elite staffs great at player development..... NFL$$$$
#2 facilities top tier programs are close to NFL standards nutrition programs, S&C(+ magic elixirs) heck Bama has barbers and chefs on staff
#3 they win period
top 6 programs will have run appearances of playoffs for an extended period,
maybe ACC network gives us some more cash but were like the rest of power 5 schools not enough juice

Advertisement
You‘ve got a great point. Everyone I’ve listed, by name, as of late, wins their Division and their Conference except UGA who still wins their Division before facing Bama. 2 of them win Natty’s. L$U wins none of the above. That said, the question is about tiering offers and an L$U offer would probably be at the top of the “Everybody else” category but then I also look at Pedo State, as sickening as it is, and you can probably start going down the list with Auburn, the 2 big Texas schools...

I think the 3 tiers I listed by name are less debatable than the others.

Crazy thing is LSU recruits and lands 5 stars annually. They probably have a high 4 or 5star at every position on offense and defense except QB. Imagine Trevor Lawrence or Tua being at LSU 🤦🏾‍♂️

Crazy thing is LSU recruits and lands 5 stars annually. They probably have a high 4 or 5star at every position on offense and defense except QB. Imagine Trevor Lawrence or Tua being at LSU 🤦🏾‍♂️
LSU (a) dominates a talent rich state (primary state U); (b) is known for fun times, hot girls and hot girls; (c) pays well; (d) has won enough to have that not be an issue; and (e) has had nfl alum success.

i do believe that top tier schools Bama, Clemson, UGA,OU. OSU and a few more are dropping bags
however lets consider the other factor
#1 Staffs elite programs elite staffs great at player development..... NFL$$$$
#2 facilities top tier programs are close to NFL standards nutrition programs, S&C(+ magic elixirs) heck Bama has barbers and chefs on staff
#3 they win period
top 6 programs will have run appearances of playoffs for an extended period,
maybe ACC network gives us some more cash but were like the rest of power 5 schools not enough juice

Alabama spends nearly 20 mm on coaches, plenty more on staff, infrastructure, resources. Of course their kids are getting enough make make the foregoing investments sensible. If they aren’t, they should fire all their boosters.

Where would you tier a Miami offer?
For recruits, we're towards the bottom of the second tier.

Alabama and Clemson are tier one.

OSU, Georgia, LSU are at the top of the second tier. We're mixed in there somewhere with USC, Texas, ND etc. Storied programmes, but not quite doing enough on the field at the moment to propel themselves into the elite.

Advertisement
Back