Highlights In Defense Of Flagg

Flagg has taken a ton of heat throughout his time wearing Orange & Green.

Is he a future NFL HOF'r? Probably not, but he plays hard and has made huge strides wirh the arrival of new staff.

Through today, he leads our Canes in:
- total tackles
- solo tackles
- assisted tackles
- tackles for loss
- T3 for sacks

I'm hoping for better players in rhe future, but as long as the staff puts him on the field, I'm Team Flagg.
Flagg is a pure football player with superb hand eye coordination instincts .

Add him to the Parrish and X group you can see his training explode on the field.

Great point @Empirical Cane , these type of players don’t ALLOW others to effect there game they are locked in FOCUSED.

Soon brother very soon we’ll be loaded with players like Flagg .

I remember JJ would before big games would walk in the locker room for his pregame talk look around and .

Flip the ball out to his team:

DO WHAT YOU DO BEST

and walk out.

Flagg is one of those players they NEVER EVER need motivation they just DO WHAT THEY DO BEST.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Flagg gives good effort, I will give him that.
Sure does. He just lacks the speed. Game looks different with 31 in their. With the exception of the hit out of bounds (questionable and the flag was walked back) he looked great. I just think that Steele’s defense requires the 2 backers to cover more ground and he can’t do that. Also think that our safeties need to remove their asses from their heads as we are very lucky that we didn’t get beat over the top a number of times due to dropped balls. I want this turnaround as much (or more) than anyone in here but that game should have been an L (Avantae being the biggest culprit).

He’s nowhere near as bad as the people here who blame him for everything think he is. He’s actually a pretty solid in the box linebacker. He still struggles when asked to cover a lot of ground because he’s just not fast enough. Linebacker has been a positive the last two weeks. Much better play from Flagg, Smith and even Bisanthe has been getting some good reps.

4 cant play MLB. he has a hard enough time playing his position and getting in the right position. 31 obviously doesnt know the defense and doesnt have discipline to be the MLB(yet)
sigh.... Keontra had a really solid game yesterday. He's been getting more snaps and done his job.
Bissainthe is a freshman.... He made some really nice plays yesterday.

Advertisement
Glen cook says hi!!
Listen kitties, Flag is a below “ JAG” period. If you watch every run through the middle, as poster @Vdawg stated, he gets swallowed alive. I dare you to re- watch games and keep an eye on him, its pretty disturning to say the least..
The truth came out today, Charlie Strong close friends with Flagg’s dad.. ughhh!!
stick a fork in me!!
#31 and #4 should start at LB period, Carry on!
You’re reaching.. watch your hamstring

Flagg is fine. He is good at what he does. He may not do it with a bunch of flair and eye popping plays but he gets the job done. We as Cane fans want every MLB to be like Ray, or Nate or Denzel or Mike Barrow. Flagg is not any of them obviously, but he is solid. He does not deserve the criticism he gets on this board at all.

Glen cook says hi!!
Listen kitties, Flag is a below “ JAG” period. If you watch every run through the middle, as poster @Vdawg stated, he gets swallowed alive. I dare you to re- watch games and keep an eye on him, its pretty disturning to say the least..
The truth came out today, Charlie Strong close friends with Flagg’s dad.. ughhh!!
stick a fork in me!!
#31 and #4 should start at LB period, Carry on!
U1aN4HTfJ2SmgB2BBK.gif

Advertisement
We'd like him a lot more if he played less. He's very usable and has a lot of Shaq's qualities...he's just Shaq after taxes that's just not a par athlete.

If this were NCAA14, he'd be a 74 SPD MLB. You don't want to play that no matter how good he is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He is no Ray Lewis. But a bit disrespectful to call him a G5 athlete, no?
Not at all.

Plenty of G5 athletes get drafted. Am I saying Flagg will get drafted? No. I am just saying it is not disrespectful to think of horses when you hear hooves.

Advertisement
Back