Highlights In Defense Of Flagg

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Flagg has taken a ton of heat throughout his time wearing Orange & Green.

Is he a future NFL HOF'r? Probably not, but he plays hard and has made huge strides wirh the arrival of new staff.

Through today, he leads our Canes in:
- total tackles
- solo tackles
- assisted tackles
- tackles for loss
- T3 for sacks

I'm hoping for better players in rhe future, but as long as the staff puts him on the field, I'm Team Flagg.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You can win with a few OK players on your team. You can't win when that OK player is the best player on his side of the ball.
Yes if the rest of team is loaded with talent but we aren't even close to that stratosphere. Ok players shouldn't be relied on they should fill a specific role.

Yes if the rest of team is loaded with talent but we aren't even close to that stratosphere. Ok players shouldn't be relied on they should fill a specific role.
That was exactly my point. Even our 2001 team had some OK players, surrounded by a ton of 1st round talent. You simply can not have your best, most productive players, be "OK". OK is for backups, rotational, or stop-gaps. If you have an OK player starting surrounded by excellent players, they are fine. When that OK player is surrounded by worse players, it's bad, bad news.

Flagg above average run stuffer, great tackle last week against NC on QB to help us get ball back
very porin space & in todays game thats death...... not sure why UCLA LB transfer is not getting more PT ?

Advertisement
BetterFlagg1994.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back