In 3 years...

Most of these same people complaining will be willing to give Mario head on the logo in the middle of the field.
True or False?
If he fixes ****, why not? But right now he deserves all the heat.. not many are saying fire him, but we can all see he ***ked up his hires. And he should just recruit and be CEO.

Advertisement
I was negged to death when Mario was hired and I said he was a mediocre hire. There is a huge majority on this board that just loved the hire that we can pull up and bump all those threads if we really wanted to. I don't root for coaches and even though I believe Mario was a mediocre hire doesn't mean he will be. I certainly hope he isn't. I believe in his core belief of tough physical football. It's the foundation of winning football. All the CIS scheme gurus that claim Miami has to run a certain offense to win are flat-out dumb. Miami needs to rebuild the trenches, especially in the offensive line. No matter what "scheme" you want to employ if you can't block it doesn't matter. Lashlee couldn't even scheme around a mediocre offensive line, even though CIS told me the "spread offense" would mitigate poor oline, LOL. No matter what any of you say now, his offense was mediocre until TVD took off in the second half of the UVA game. Still, his offense had many turnovers and worthless halves of football because the Oline is unable to move people with consistency to have a run game. Obviously, this **** of an offensive staff couldn't even replicate what Lashlee did but that was mostly due to TVD missing the last half of the season. Mario and Gattis completely abandoned what they tried to install all Spring and Summer, Literally started during the MTSU game. If you look at it objectively, this current offensive staff did try to adjust to their players to no avail. Pretty much abandoned all gap scheme runs, they were gonna let TVD sling it all over the field and then he got hurt and Garcia showed 0 poise or command when he came in. Start with the trenches on offense first and build around them, then the QB and then you can start cooking on offense.
They should have walked into the building and asked TVD “what do you like to run TVD?” I thought Mario would do that the way he walked in saying TVD was the best QB in the world lol. Instead we run that BS offense. The offense caused all the injuries to our backs and linemen.. since we were running into 9 man fronts and wondering why we were not getting any yards smh. Running into piles and our line getting rolled up on. Condensed formations where all 22 players are in a 10 yard square box lol . The all 22 cam ain’t even gotta zoom out to see everyone

No matter what happens in 3 years, this year was a total failure by Mario. We could be awesome in 3 years and it won't excuse or change that fact. He did a terrible job this year with his coaching hires and getting the best out of this squad. And that won't change no matter what happens in year 3 or 4 etc.

Advertisement
No matter what happens in 3 years, this year was a total failure by Mario. We could be awesome in 3 years and it won't excuse or change that fact. He did a terrible job this year with his coaching hires and getting the best out of this squad. And that won't change no matter what happens in year 3 or 4 etc.

You are right. Staff looked mostly good on paper but did not work out in practice. Overall, the team looked listless, undisciplined, and totally uninspired at times. Probably the worst UM offense I have seen in my 40 years on this Earth. And the defense wasn't winning any awards, either.

All that said, if Mario has us legitimately competing in the playoffs in 2025, I won't give a fvck that we had a miserable, 5-7 2022. Randy was 5-7 in his first year and never won ****. Folden was 6-6 in his first year and never won ****. Richt was 9-4 in his first year and though he won some (our only bowl win since 2006 and our only 10+ win season since 2003), it didn't amount to anything serious. Wish we had him healthy and at his prime. Manny 6-7 in his first season and didn't win ****.

This program has been in purgatory for nearly 20 years. If this is part of "Mario's process," but the process ultimately produces awesome results, then it will be worth it IMO. Do I think there are other coaches out there whose process wouldn't produce such atrocious results on the field? Absolutely. But if this is the only way Mario knows how to get us to a state of true competitiveness, and he's actually able to do it in 3 years, I'll consider this season a necessary struggle we all had to endure to get us back to national prominence. The only real question is can he do it, or is he just going to be another UM HC added to the list of names above who finished how they started... poorly. Time will tell.

I'm stunned that there are any Miami fans that still support Mario and his staff after watching this season. I have never seen a more poorly coached team than this team
That's where I have mixed emotions. I desperately want Mario to work out - not because it's Mario, but because of the mediocrity of the past 20 years. However, this season FELT different in all the wrong ways. Never have I watched this many games in one season where a Miami team was out played, out coached, out schemed and out hustled from start to finish. It wasn't just that we are losing, it was HOW we are losing. We lost to MTSU, Duke, FSU, Clemson and Pitt by double digits; those games were over before halftime!

How is it that our team in 2021, that finished 7-5, looked FAR better than our 2022 team? We got smacked around by Alabama last year, but we held our own against a very good Michigan State team and lost mostly due to 4 turnovers. We lost to UVA, UNC and FSU by 3 points or less, all on final drives. Diaz had his issues, but at least the team looked competent/competitive. I honestly don't know what happened but the 2022 team under "better" coaching looked far worse.

If im reading op correctly that means the guys who are still mario disciples are currently giving him head?

Really weird thing to do for a 5-7 coach but hey you do you.

Advertisement
Most of these same people complaining will be willing to give Mario head on the logo in the middle of the field.
True or False?

3 Years?

It took Clappy three years to tank our program.

When Radar was hired - we were asked to hold off for 3 years.

When Golden was hired - it was supposed to be 3 years.

Richt? Three years.

Little Manny? 3 Years.

Big Manny? ****, it looks like it will take three years to just get rid of a ****poor OC, and probably another 3 years to realize Coordinators MUST hire their own assistants before they can be held responsible for their success or failure, and will probably take yet another three years to get off this caveman idea on what a Miami offense should look like to take advantage of Miami based talent and skill sets.

I'm about three'd out.

No it’s not acceptable but looking at what we saw on the field come game time I am surprised we won 5 games.

Advertisement
worst part will be all the board apologists; virtue signaling posts in every thread about how they're happy to have been wrong, blah, blah, blah...

The absolute worst; Anonymous dudes seeking virtual redemption (from other anonymous dudes) for being who they actually are in real life.

They show their *** and then want to demonstrate their virtual character by 'apologizing to the board'.

Wait for it...
That's quite a psychoanalysis there. You must be a board certified behavioral psychiatrist or an FBI profiler.

I'm stunned that there are any Miami fans that still support Mario and his staff after watching this season. I have never seen a more poorly coached team than this team

As far as Mario, and at this point in his tenure, what practical choice does any rational fan have? We're one year into a ten year, $80 million contract. Mario could win 4-7 games a season, have an offense that looks like trash, and he's still not going anywhere for another 3+ years. As a fan of the program, you have a handful options as it relates to Mario: (1) find another college team to root for; (2) take a break from UM football for the next 3+ years; (3) recognize you're stuck with Mario and hope between recruiting HS/portal and new staff hires he can start to turn this around; (4) ceaselessly and speciously **** and moan about the HC; or (5) for the hyper-wealthy, offer to pay Mario's buyout (you'd still never get it by the BOT and President for at least another 2 miserable seasons).

The rest of the staff... that's a different story altogether. At a minimum, Gattis, Ponce, and Addae all need to go. I want them gone no later than COB Friday. Kevin Smith can also kick rocks if we strike out on Baxter, Fletcher, and Johnson and he can't sign some other solid RB commit. Steele didn't do anything that merits banging the table for his retention either, though I do think he was at least trying to work within the constraints of what he inherited (mostly unathletic or very inexperienced LBs, a defense that generally can't/won't tackle, a limited pass-rush, and a suspect secondary). I don't have a strong opinion on Rod Wright. Field is a very good recruiter, so I'd keep him around. Realistically, Mirabal and Salave'a aren't going anywhere.

That's quite a psychoanalysis there. You must be a board certified behavioral psychiatrist or an FBI profiler.
Board certification is just something decorative for the office, but i'm neither...

Simply encouraging our fellow participants to drop the façade; no need to apologize for being who they really are.

Advertisement
True or False?
I will never understand the bizarre homoerotic language dudes always feel they need to use. Weird

Advertisement
Back