In 1 Year with Mike Leach we play for National Championship

Anybody know why he always has to "kill it with 2 star players"? Because he can't be bothered to recruit. Ready to get out recruited by FIU? Maybe we can tell all the running backs in Florida, "come to Miami so you can pass protect". If you're lucky, you might get 10 carries...once. Why doesn't Leach get a gig at ANY power program?

Advertisement
Mike Leach can take any talent he finds anywhere and makes them into winners. Just the opposite of Miami. We under perform where as Mike Leach's teams always over perform. Most of the coaches from his tree are killing it as well too. He let's his defensive coordinators do their thing as well. It hurts my eyes watching our Miami team who has more talent as a whole at wide receiver and running back than any team in the country. Leach would kill it with a team loaded with Lamborghinis and high performance engines.

Mike Leach is a perfect fit in Pullman, Washington. He'd had stuck out like a **** in a punch bowl in Coral Gables, with his nebbish ways.

Brilliant offensive mind, but the only thing he's good for in South Florida is getting blacked out drunk in Key West and chasing pirates.

Nothing about Leach is made for Miami. Conversely, he's a folk hero in Pullman—a town with low sports-related expectations. I spend time up in that area every summer as I have family in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. It's 180˚ the opposite of South Florida.

One of my closest friends if from Spokane and I've taken to following Wazzu with him, while he watches Canes games with me. Leach has the perfect gig and perfect city for his personality type. He's not a big program guy.

Furthermore, if he didn't land Gardener Menchew as a grad transfer this season—they were looking at a 4-7 season. That kid has turned out to be gem of a find—playing at ECU and ready to go to Alabama where he could learn from Saban, as his goal is to be a head coach.

Last edited:
He turns them into winners just not conference champions. He is so good he has won 0 conference championship. So you want someone that has never led his team to a conference championship. IDIOT

How many conference championships did Jimmy Johnson win in the Big 8 before coming to Miami? What about Dennis Erickson in the pac-10? I think Leach would have probably killed it here offensively. ****, couldn't be any worse than Richt.

How many conference championships did Jimmy Johnson win in the Big 8 before coming to Miami? What about Dennis Erickson in the pac-10? I think Leach would have probably killed it here offensively. ****, couldn't be any worse than Richt.
Pretty good point, they were both young though. If ML were hired I would want it stated in writing and with a notary that he would a) run the football at least 40% and b) give the DC some skollies to hand out, he tends to use em all up on offensive guys and let walk on's play D

Advertisement
Lmao leach stepping into carol city HS or MNW..I’d love to see that. But in all seriousness..no. Just no

You ABSOLUTE have no CLUE what the he!! you're yapping about! Mike Leach is one of the most OPEN-MINDED persons around! Heck, he's Ghandi or FDR or JFK compared to the vast majority, but not all, Cane fans!:p

You ABSOLUTE have no CLUE what the he!! you're yapping about! Mike Leach is one of the most OPEN-MINDED persons around! Heck, he's Ghandi or FDR or JFK compared to the vast majority, but not all, Cane fans!:p
What’s with that emoji lmao..I’m not saying he’s a racist or anything. But not everyone is Miami material to recruit down here. That was my issue with Golden also. Coaches like urban, jimbo, dabo, saban and even MR have this swagger about them that I think recruits well down here

What’s with that emoji lmao..I’m not saying he’s a racist or anything. But not everyone is Miami material to recruit down here. That was my issue with Golden also. Coaches like urban, jimbo, dabo, saban and even MR have this swagger about them that I think recruits well down here

No, you're just INSINUATING that Coach Leach has a problem with " darker shade of pale " HS players. That's all!

No, you're just INSINUATING that Coach Leach has a problem with " darker shade of pale " HS players. That's all!
Lmao whaaaattt??. Your insinuating that I think leach has a problem with black ppl😂😂. This has nothing to do with race. I just named all white coaches who I know have killed it down here recruiting wise. I think Ed orgeron would recruit elite guys well here(wouldn’t take him as a HC). It’s about the energy and swag those guys give off. Has nothing to do with him being white bruh

Advertisement
Leach is a great offensive mind...no doubt ... but no one has ever hired the guy for a top 4 program.... I mean top 4 in a conference ... there is a reason he is in Pullman .. same reason Butch is at FIU

There's a reason why Texas, TAMU, and every other program worth a **** refuses to hire Mike Leach: You don't win titles with that guy, and he's an awful fit at programs that believe they can compete for titles. Leach belongs at a place like Wazzu, where they are good with 7-9 wins per year, with the occasional big year. Leach has shown throughout his career that he can OCCASIONALLY beat someone worth a ****. He's also shown the ability to get his crap pushed in by teams that are awful.

Leach has played in 2 different conference with no championship. Our defense would be on the field alot more cause of the 3 and outs that his offense gets. He definitely thinks outside the box but I prefer what Oklahoma runs for an Offense or what Purdue/J Brohm runs.

Advertisement

Our last three coaches were worse than Richt. People act like Richt is the worst coach in football.

Yawn. 4 star elite 11 QB sits on the bench. Most schools would give their left nut to have Jarren Williams. They'd also be playing him by now.

Leach could do wonders with an accurate kid like that.

Leach has had some pretty **** good defenses at Wash St too (and that's in the Pac 12).

He also has an offense that disappears three times a year.

Advertisement

Randy Shannon is FROM MIAMI, played at The U yet still had sour relationships with local high school coaches. You can't get more "Miami guy" than that and he still failed in recruiting.

Randy Shannon is FROM MIAMI, played at The U yet still had sour relationships with local high school coaches. You can't get more "Miami guy" than that and he still failed in recruiting.
Once again the names I listed are not from Miami and aside from MR did not play at Miami . I’m talking personality wise and work ethic wise to want to recruit recruit recruit. Randy was no nonsense when it came to that. And like u said had trouble building those relationships. That’s a Effort thing. Y’all missing the point

Once again the names I listed are not from Miami and aside from MR did not play at Miami . I’m talking personality wise and work ethic wise to want to recruit recruit recruit. Randy was no nonsense when it came to that. And like u said had trouble building those relationships. That’s a Effort thing. Y’all missing the point

With the exception of Richt, those coaches that you mentioned are winning consistently and have bags. That easily makes one a "Miami swagger guy" more than anything.

Advertisement
Back