IMO Bamer Got Exposed for......

I stopped reading after "they don't have great coaching".

THEY'RE IN THE ******* NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY YEAR REGARDLESS OF WHO'S ON THEIR ROSTER!!!

Macho, I'm a reasonable man and accept debate without all the sarcasm. I admit they have "good" coaching, but I still say not great. See all their existing coaches and past. Who of them were and is considered great? Their DC? OC? LB coach? Point is those guys good coaches, but it's clear their 18 wheeler loads of top recruits is what they should be considered great at, not necessarily their coaching! They are not doing some revolutionary coaching techniques and training never done before, but they are revolutionary in getting more top players than any school in history. I'll give them credit for that. Ask the Southeast Seminoles how great their coaches were after their resources had to be shared with Manatee and those other Manatee County schools.

1. A ton of great coaches come from the Saban tree. Not just from Alabama but from places he's been in the past.

2. Kiffin and Sark are definitely considered great OC's. Pruitt is considered a great DC. I don't know much about their position coaches but I'm willing to bet they have plenty of well-seasoned guys at those spots as well.

3. They actually ARE doing great, innovative things, particularly on defense. Saban is an innovator of defense. Saban invented concepts in the 90's that are STILL considered forward-thinking today.

4. They're in contention for the NC every single year regardless of who's on their roster. That's unheard of. They just competed for an NC with a true Freshman QB, and they'll likely be back next year.

Film Study: Nick Saban's Pattern-Matching Pass Defense | Eleven Warriors

You can't say "well that's cause they just keep reloading with recruits" because EVERY top program does that. Every top program in the country reloads with top ranked recruiting classes yet they don't all go 11-1/12-0 every year like Bama does. They have "down years", Bama doesn't. THAT'S COACHING.

Maybe you just needed another line item. What concepts did Saban invent in the 90's?

1. Pattern matching zone. The concept of dropping to receivers as opposed to spot dropping and starring at the QB.

2. Rip/Liz Match, a Cover-3 variant where the flat defenders carry the verticals of #2 to defend the open seams.

Last edited:
Advertisement

THEY'RE IN THE ******* NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY YEAR REGARDLESS OF WHO'S ON THEIR ROSTER!!!

Macho, I'm a reasonable man and accept debate without all the sarcasm. I admit they have "good" coaching, but I still say not great. See all their existing coaches and past. Who of them were and is considered great? Their DC? OC? LB coach? Point is those guys good coaches, but it's clear their 18 wheeler loads of top recruits is what they should be considered great at, not necessarily their coaching! They are not doing some revolutionary coaching techniques and training never done before, but they are revolutionary in getting more top players than any school in history. I'll give them credit for that. Ask the Southeast Seminoles how great their coaches were after their resources had to be shared with Manatee and those other Manatee County schools.

1. A ton of great coaches come from the Saban tree. Not just from Alabama but from places he's been in the past.

2. Kiffin and Sark are definitely considered great OC's. Pruitt is considered a great DC. I don't know much about their position coaches but I'm willing to bet they have plenty of well-seasoned guys at those spots as well.

3. They actually ARE doing great, innovative things, particularly on defense. Saban is an innovator of defense. Saban invented concepts in the 90's that are STILL considered forward-thinking today.

4. They're in contention for the NC every single year regardless of who's on their roster. That's unheard of. They just competed for an NC with a true Freshman QB, and they'll likely be back next year.

You can't say "well that's cause they just keep reloading with recruits" because EVERY top program does that. Every top program in the country reloads with top ranked recruiting classes yet they don't all go 11-1/12-0 every year like Bama does. They have "down years", Bama doesn't. THAT'S COACHING.

Maybe you just needed another line item. What concepts did Saban invent in the 90's?

1. Pattern matching zone. The concept of dropping to receivers as opposed to spot dropping and starring at the QB.

2. Rip/Liz Match, a Cover-3 variant where the flat defenders carry the verticals of #2 to defend the open seams.

He got that from the NFL as a Houston Oilers assistant coach in 1988 under Jerry Glanville. They had already been running situational defenses. Then he took that back to Toledo with him. He did not invent anything.

He got that from the NFL as a Houston Oilers assistant coach in 1988 under Jerry Glanville. They had already been running situational defenses. Then he took that back to Toledo with him. He did not invent anything.

No.

Who's talking about "situational defenses" dude? Read the article.

While I somewhat agree with you, you're not giving credit to them having number 1 recruiting classes every year and more coaching assistants than any other team. They have head coaches as analysts there. The amount of money that bama puts toward football is insane and unprecedented. Which for many people takes away from knighting saban as an elite coach x and o's wise. They won most of their championships running the most basic offense and defense. Most teams would not have the same success doing this because they don't have the horses. Not too mention their strength and conditioning program which many of their players don't look natural. It's like watching a college team play a high school team.

They monopolized the sport which is why ratings have been down. Kinda like the Yankees in baseball where there's a direct correlation between outspending other teams and on the field success. When you pay for play like they do, you better **** well be playing in the championship every year.

And you think Alabama puts forth that type of effort towards their program if Saban is not the coach?

Yes he's an elite CEO. And yes knowing bama's history, it is not unfathomable that they would spend that much money with another coach. They have no pro team and depend heavily on the success of that program. They're doing the same thing now as they were before they got hit with sanctions. The only difference now is they have two prominent allies at the top of the NCAA. Wanna see saban purely as a coach? Look at him in the pros. Look how he struggles when he simply can't outrecruit and out athlete the other guys. He's a very good coach but is no pete Carroll. Now that's an elite coach.

Only thing you got right was that their DBs are as good as advertised. They get great pass rush and most teams don't have the Oline to allow QBs to throw deep.

Everything just seems like hate. If they made 1 play on defense at any point in that drive you wouldn't have made this thread.

Dude, if Mike Williams doesn't "moss" their DB's like five times then we're not reading this thread. LOL

My bad meant Aren't

Advertisement

While I somewhat agree with you, you're not giving credit to them having number 1 recruiting classes every year and more coaching assistants than any other team. They have head coaches as analysts there. The amount of money that bama puts toward football is insane and unprecedented. Which for many people takes away from knighting saban as an elite coach x and o's wise. They won most of their championships running the most basic offense and defense. Most teams would not have the same success doing this because they don't have the horses. Not too mention their strength and conditioning program which many of their players don't look natural. It's like watching a college team play a high school team.

They monopolized the sport which is why ratings have been down. Kinda like the Yankees in baseball where there's a direct correlation between outspending other teams and on the field success. When you pay for play like they do, you better **** well be playing in the championship every year.

And you think Alabama puts forth that type of effort towards their program if Saban is not the coach?

Yes he's an elite CEO. And yes knowing bama's history, it is not unfathomable that they would spend that much money with another coach. They have no pro team and depend heavily on the success of that program. They're doing the same thing now as they were before they got hit with sanctions. The only difference now is they have two prominent allies at the top of the NCAA. Wanna see saban purely as a coach? Look at him in the pros. Look how he struggles when he simply can't outrecruit and out athlete the other guys. He's a very good coach but is no pete Carroll. Now that's an elite coach.

Are you talking about his stint as the Dolphins head coach, when they wouldn't allow him to make draft/accusation decisions?

NFL is not for him, mainly due to that reason.

Make no mistake about, he sets the precedent for that Bama program. He's the CEO and the buck starts/stops with him. They don't give anybody else in the country all of those resources. If you know anything about Saban then you know he demanded all that ****.

I don't think people are giving him enough credit for everything that is Bama football.

"He has the best resources." <---has a lot to do with his demands
"He has the best recruits." <---has everything to do with him

Saban built that machine.

Advertisement
I don't think people are giving him enough credit for everything that is Bama football.

Macho stop arguing with these idiots. Better yet, put them on your ignore list.

Are you talking about his stint as the Dolphins head coach, when they wouldn't allow him to make draft/accusation decisions?

Make no mistake about, he sets the precedent for that Bama program. He's the CEO and the buck starts/stops with him. They don't give anybody else in the country all of those resources. If you know anything about Saban then you know he demanded all that ****.

And if you knew anything about bama you'd know the lengths they'd go to stay relevant. And the NFL isn't for him because it's a more level playing ground. He does have all the advantages he does right now coaching for bama. Sh*t, I've seen cristobal out coach saban for two qtrs back when fiu played there. Washington had a much better game plan but physically couldn't hang. College football is hard to judge bc of all the politics and other crap that create an uneven playing field. Saban has always been overrated as purely a coach. But is probably the best CEO in college football but even that is hard to tell with him being at bama.

Last edited:

And if you knew anything about bama you'd know the lengths they'd go to stay relevant.

Just wondering...

Do you use this same logic when talking about high school football?

(not saying this pertains to you but)
Anytime high school football is brought up around here kudos are always given to STA, Heritage, Booker T, etc...for winning State Championships but nobody ever references the fact that they have more athletes and resources than everybody else. Now that we're talking about Saban and Alabama it's "they have all these athletes and resources yada yada yada..."

And yall don't think FSU, Clemson, UF, etc have similar resources? Even if Bama edges out these schools in resources, I guarantee it ain't enough to account for the lopsided dominance that Bama is achieving.

No, this isn't the end of Bama.

Yes, Saban is an elite coach and one of the best all-time.

Yes, he has good to elite coordinator / position coaches.

Feel free to disagree, but if you do you're in part of a very small minority thinking any of those three things aren't factual.

Macho, don't waste your time, for real.

Advertisement
1. They don't have great coaching, but great depth and that's their only advantage.

2. There DB's look great because they can use only 4 to rush, 7 into coverage or blitz a LB and still have 6 in coverage. Always one over top.

3. Their Dline is the key. Their (DLine) make their LB's and DB's look like 10's when they are 7/8's at best. Their ability to stack Dlinemen is the key to their success and most admired about their recruiting.

4. That said, I think last night we saw that Tim Wms and Johnathan Allen just aren't as kick *** against same level talent. They look a lot better than they are because: a. They have solid DLinemen at all positions, which makes them all look a lot better b. They are better than 95% of the teams they play c. Facing better OLinemen every week in the nfl most of them will be average.

5. Their QB would be regarded as garbage if he played anywhere else. I know he's a freshman, but if not for playing for a loaded team he'd be career clip board holder. I can only imagine how putrid their other QB's must be if he's the best they have.

6. Why any kid would want to play WR there in the next 2 years shows they are cowards or idiots wanting to hop on the train and ignore they don't have a passing QB or system. Why not play at a more WR and QB capable team?

Lol wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if you knew anything about bama you'd know the lengths they'd go to stay relevant.

Just wondering...

Do you use this same logic when talking about high school football?

(not saying this pertains to you but)
Anytime high school football is brought up around here kudos are always given to STA, Heritage, Booker T, etc...for winning State Championships but nobody ever references the fact that they have more athletes and resources than everybody else. Now that we're talking about Saban and Alabama it's "they have all these athletes and resources yada yada yada..."

And yall don't think FSU, Clemson, UF, etc have similar resources? Even if Bama edges out these schools in resources, I guarantee it ain't enough to account for the lopsided dominance that Bama is achieving.

I do have similar views on the high schools down here. Too many **** transfers. Need to let kids be kids and focus more on education. And those colleges you mentioned all have similar results to bama minus UF of course and even they are overachieving with that garbage coach. And FYI I'm not with the crowd that's saying bama's run is over. As long as there investing that much dough in coaching and recruiting they're gonna be competing for ships.

Alabama has a vulnerability to outlier players, ones the caliber of Deshaun Watson and Mike Williams.

So all we need to do is load up on high first round picks at key skill positions, to have a chance to stay competitive with Saban and perhaps pull out a squeaker. Good plan. I'll have to write that down.

I'm glad Alabama lost. Meanwhile, they looked as wide bodied and rippled as ever. It looked like Clemson might have won 3 of 10 if the two teams played repeatedly. Sarkisian was ridiculously conservative with the freshman quarterback, especially in the second quarter and into the third, when another Alabama touchdown would have put too much separation for Clemson to logically overcome.

I watched the Army all star game. They were already speculating that the incoming Alabama freshman quarterback would oust and improve upon the current guy.

Advertisement
A spread team beat a running team for the National Title and Awsi Dooger doesn't know what to do with himself.

Lulz.

Macho stop arguing with these idiots. Better yet, put them on your ignore list.

Yeah the Bama fan wants you to stop arguing... Who in their right mind doesn't believe Saban is the perfect coach??? Lol

Macho, I'm not denying the enormous success saban has, had and will continue to have. Only an idiot would do that.

1. A ton of "great" coaches come from the saban tree yet you name none. That is None that are currently regarded as being great after their stint at bamer, BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE THE STACKED ROSTERS THEY HAD AT BAMER!

2.Nobody has never considered Kiffin or Sark as "great" OC's. They are good coaches and veterans of the USC pro style offenses, but neither wowed anyone when given the opportunity at USC (Tenny) and not having a stacked rosters like they do at bamer. Even with their Tons of Talent at bamer their offenses have never been considered great in terms of what they do, but more a product of having far better talent than 99% of the college teams they play.

3. Pruitt has had 3 jobs in 3 years. Great coaches don't get tossed around like that. Never been a "top" candidate for all the HC jobs that come open every year. Plus you know saban is the architect of their defense.

4. Although he was a true freshman, the qb was certainly not a product executing a "great OC's" offense. He was a caretaker if there every was one, playing on a team that has all 4 or 5 star OLinemen and skill players. Did you not see how basic and undynamic Sarks offense was. Do you ignore the two runs by a 3 years removed for HS 5 star RB that were just sweep around the edge? Again I state talent, not great coaching!!!

5. Saban is a will be considered a great coach, but I submit he's a great recruiter and a "good" coach. IMO great coaches first build something from nothing and are able to maintain without getting the best resourses example, Lavelle Edwards and Boise State coach. Are generally accepted for a revolutionary concept example, Bill Walsh, west coast offense, Monte Kiffin, Tampa 2. In fact I don't consider Phil Jackson a great coach because he always had several of the best players in the world on his teams, Triangle my ***!

6. Several teams have consistent top recruiting classes and that's why we see pretty much those same teams at the top every year. But no team goes into all the top football states and pulls the best player in that state at a position of need like bamer. I submit again its their recruiting that is great not their coaching. Their coaching is good but their recruiting is great.

If you had the option of their recruits (or capacity to recruit) to your favorite team or their coaches. Which would you take? Straight answer no other if's or variables.

One thing for sure Saban had an answer for that RPO BS. He forced Clemson's offense to choose the run 98% of the time in their RPO reads. That crap is so flawed. If they could have gotten the Freshman QB going for one more play it would have been the wrap!!!

I just don't know what planet some of you are on. Watson had 56 passing attempts and threw for over 400 yards. Geez.

Advertisement
Back