I'm still hurt by the FSU loss and I'm ecstatic

I was watching our come back and eating nachos with my gf, I was screaming and cheering at the bar and as soon as that kick was blocked I looked like a dead man walking who couldnt eat anymore, I then went to the bathroom and shed a few tears, thats how devastated I was OP, I expected a win and was in such disbelief. Miami Hurricanes football is all I ever look forward to and the loss was crushing and depressing

I feel for you.
It used to be that way for me where I was depressed for days...
the fumble at ND; the Sugar Bowl Lamar Thomas take away; ninth inning LSU pitcher's home run at CWS;

but 15 years of Coker, Randy and Golden can make you immune and numb to a lot of things and help move on with life...

Advertisement
I'm not hurt, but optimistic rather than ecstatic. It was a fun game to watch and to a player, they seemingly gave it their all. This against a team most favored heading into the season and prior to the game, I figured could go either way. Tough way to lose, the game deserved extra time, but it wasn't in the cards. Much different feel than the last few years.

Why does everyone assume the game would've gone into overtime? Miami couldn't even stop FSU on obvious running downs from running it down their throat and running the clock out. Who's to say FSU wouldn't have marched right down the field and kicked a game-winning FG?

The odds would be in favor of extra time, but we'll never know. It wasn't like FSU was assured of a chance at a kick or TD.

If one takes that attitude, then why is anyone bothered? They would've just continued marching the ball in OT, providing we got there.

I was watching our come back and eating nachos with my gf, I was screaming and cheering at the bar and as soon as that kick was blocked I looked like a dead man walking who couldnt eat anymore, I then went to the bathroom and shed a few tears, thats how devastated I was OP, I expected a win and was in such disbelief. Miami Hurricanes football is all I ever look forward to and the loss was crushing and depressing

Don't let your girlfriend see that post. All you look forward to? Suggestion, make some life changes.

I'm not hurt, but optimistic rather than ecstatic. It was a fun game to watch and to a player, they seemingly gave it their all. This against a team most favored heading into the season and prior to the game, I figured could go either way. Tough way to lose, the game deserved extra time, but it wasn't in the cards. Much different feel than the last few years.

Why does everyone assume the game would've gone into overtime? Miami couldn't even stop FSU on obvious running downs from running it down their throat and running the clock out. Who's to say FSU wouldn't have marched right down the field and kicked a game-winning FG?

Because I trust our D for once

Advertisement
Interesting porst OP.

I took a hammer to the bell end of my ***** after Saturday night.

Nice to see that you are handling it so well

Because I trust our D for once

Right....the same D that couldn't tackle Dalvin Cook and get us the ball back at the end of the game with a chance to win it?

And don't get me wrong, the defense played great. The loss is not on them at all. My whole point is that it's a little ridiculous to assume that game goes to OT if we make that PAT when we couldn't even stop FSU to get the ball back at the end of the game.

The odds would be in favor of extra time, but we'll never know. It wasn't like FSU was assured of a chance at a kick or TD.

If one takes that attitude, then why is anyone bothered? They would've just continued marching the ball in OT, providing we got there.

Stopping a team from scoring and winning in regulation isn't THAT much different than stopping a team (or single player) from getting multiple first downs and ending the game in regulation is my point.

"Everyone" assumes the game goes into OT if we make that PAT. "Everyone" assumes that momentum carries us to a win. "Everyone" assumed we'd beat FSU in the first place. But what "everyone" fails to mention (or maybe even realize) is that we couldn't even get the ball back at the end of the game for just a CHANCE to win it. Yet, it's safe to assume we shut them down and force OT if and only if we make that PAT.

Stopping a team from scoring and winning in regulation isn't THAT much different than stopping a team (or single player) from getting multiple first downs and ending the game in regulation is my point.

"Everyone" assumes the game goes into OT if we make that PAT. "Everyone" assumes that momentum carries us to a win. "Everyone" assumed we'd beat FSU in the first place. But what "everyone" fails to mention (or maybe even realize) is that we couldn't even get the ball back at the end of the game for just a CHANCE to win it. Yet, it's safe to assume we shut them down and force OT if and only if we make that PAT.
First thing I said after our TD when I thought we'd tie with the XP is, "We left too much time on the clock."

Advertisement
I'm disappointed at how the offense was called. 270 yard against that defense is indefensible.

Advertisement
This means I actually expected them to win. I never got my hopes up during the last 10+ years because I somehow knew the'd find a way to lose.

I loss $1800 on the game because I was certain we would win. Strangely that does not make me feel ecstatic, just frigging stupid. I hate Golden but I won $3000 on the only bet I made while he was here -- the UF game.

Never bet on FSU-Miami games. Too manyintangibles in those intrastate rivalry games and anything can happen; like missing an extra point to tie with a minute and a half in regulation. Everybody knows that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This means I actually expected them to win. I never got my hopes up during the last 10+ years because I somehow knew the'd find a way to lose.

I loss $1800 on the game because I was certain we would win. Strangely that does not make me feel ecstatic, just frigging stupid. I hate Golden but I won $3000 on the only bet I made while he was here -- the UF game.

Never bet on FSU-Miami games. Too manyintangibles in those intrastate rivalry games and anything can happen; like missing an extra point to tie with a minute and a half in regulation. Everybody knows that.

True, but this is the first time I have been on the wrong end of it in over 35 years. Of course I don't bet every year. Anyway, Mark owes me money.

The game was ours for the taking

As it was the last two years under Alf. I don't see much difference. The defense was better, but as usual, it was worn down by being on the field 90% of the game. Same damned ole mediocre Canes. Kaaya reminds me of Snickers. Same inept coaching. Doesn't seem to matter who is running this sad show

Just about done with this program. Nothing I've seen so far convinces me that we will be any better than a mediocre midmajor any time soon.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back