I'm so confused

Duke didn't know what hit them. Like the CB supposed to be 15 yards away. There is only supposed to be 6 guys in the box. Smh. I sure as **** called for No D head but if they can turn it around. I sure will give them credit. Now we have to see if they are gonna realize this is how you play defense at Miami, talent or no talent or are they going to revert back to what they have been doing for 4 years that has led to so much frustration

Advertisement
You guys that are laughing, do you have the screen shots to prove that we ran a completely different scheme out there? Or is this a last ditch effort to save face after the predictions that Duke and Cutcliffe were going to "push our sheet in"?

Who gives a **** what Golden says anymore?

Do whatever needs to be done on Saturdays and I'm fine with whatever you say to the media.

The fans just want W's.

He can spin it saying that they were just executing better today, but that is bull****. They clearly changed things lmao.

Exactly. You know it's coming. Al is going to say its the same defense but they just executed better. Then I'm going to throw my shoe at my poor dog.

Well, to be fair, they DID execute better. That's some of the best tackling we've seen in a long time. Some nice open field plays that would have gone for 20 a week ago.

Agree. Corn Elder stood out tonight on a couple of plays in the open field, and Perryman was a completely different player. He might have had his worst game as a Cane last week, but was back to himself tonight. But the change in approach by the coaches clearly fits our players better than the garbage they've been running the last three years. We don't have Mike Williams at CB anymore. Let the athletes out there get in the face's of the WR's and do what they do.

You guys that are laughing, do you have the screen shots to prove that we ran a completely different scheme out there? Or is this a last ditch effort to save face after the predictions that Duke and Cutcliffe were going to "push our sheet in"?

The scheme wasn't DRASTICALLY different.

They used a greater variety of pressures and played more press coverage, but the D-Line was still engaging.

Safeties were more active and the LB's played down hill.

They also seemed to disguise a whole helluva lot better so that Cutcliffe/Boone didn't have a clear read of what was being done to them.

Advertisement

I'm not laughing, but all night long our CB's were right on the line of scrimmage. It looked nothing like we've run in a long time.

The alignment issues were gone for the most part as well.

In our defense, the safeties have edge responsibility alot to the strong side of the formation and they were flying up tonight, while last week...there was absolutely no one there.

They used a greater variety of pressures and played more press coverage, but the D-Line was still engaging.

They also seemed to disguise a whole helluva lot better so that Cutcliffe/Boone didn't have a clear read of what was being done to them.

What game were you watching? They took the d@mn handcuffs off the d-line and let them shoot gaps and get up field the whole nite. The fans were 100% right but I do have to give them credit for making the necessary changes this game.. i only can hope that they don't revert back to their passive nature moving foward.

What game were you watching? They took the d@mn handcuffs off the d-line and let them shoot gaps and get up field the whole nite. The fans were 100% right but I do have to give them credit for making the necessary changes this game.. i only can hope that they don't revert back to their passive nature moving foward.

You're wrong. I'm watching the first 3 drives as we speak and nobody is shooting gaps.

Their playing the same technique.

Advertisement
I don't know how to do the screen shots but I paid particular attention to how we played against Duke when they went to 3 wide shotgun. We had 7 in the box close to the line and the safety coming down late almost all the time. That's the formation we have been getting gashed for the past 3 years

I think we're overestimating how much they changed. Home game, better execution, bad offensive play. They don't have the capability to revamp their defense in a week. GT will probably frustrate us a bit but the real test will be a competent offense on the road.

LOL at mopers thinking a "fan uprising" caused them to change..

You guys really overestimate your importance in the grand scheme of things.

Advertisement

That's sounds significantly different. You say the scheme wasn't any different, then follow with a greater variety of pressure and played more press coverage. Sounds different to me.

It won't be aggressive against a team that has the talent to threaten us. These coaches are too scared.

LOL at mopers thinking a "fan uprising" caused them to change..

You guys really overestimate your importance in the grand scheme of things.

LOL at thinking anything changed at it wasn't just the fact that we were playing ******* Duke.

Advertisement

LOL.... Goldentards acting like we beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa

Whaaaaaat?

This dude said they let the DL go? Wtf were u watching, the first quarter they let em play a little and after that it was same ****

I think we're overestimating how much they changed. Home game, better execution, bad offensive play. They don't have the capability to revamp their defense in a week. GT will probably frustrate us a bit but the real test will be a competent offense on the road.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here Penn. I have watched every snap of every game and we were running the defense much differently that we have under this staff. I don't need screenshots to tell me what I saw. We came after them tonight. Huge difference.

Advertisement
Back