I'm not giving up on Richt now

Yeah, he was 145-51 at Georgia and 83-37 in the SEC, so he's proven to be a bad coach in the past. He's definitely worse than Golden, so you shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt, and we should definitely call for his head after 8 games, while Golden and Shannon got a combined 8 years. Makes perfect sense.

Advertisement
Yeah, he was 145-51 at Georgia and 83-37 in the SEC, so he's proven to be a bad coach in the past. He's definitely worse than Golden, so you shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt, and we should definitely call for his head after 8 games, while Golden and Shannon got a combined 8 years. Makes perfect sense.
I hear you. But this.....I just don't know what the **** I'm watching anymore. I got nothing. It's almost nonsensical.

I hear you. But this.....I just don't know what the **** I'm watching anymore. I got nothing. It's almost nonsensical.

It's ******. I'm not defending what we're seeing right now. I'm just saying I'm not giving up on him overall right now. That's all.

Advertisement

It's ******. I'm not defending what we're seeing right now. I'm just saying I'm not giving up on him overall right now. That's all.
I understand. If not for Golden I wouldn't be so disgusted right now. That guy wore me out.

I'm willing to give Richt, the head coach, more time but under one condition...

He MUST hire a dedicated competent OC this summer. If he doesn't swallow his pride and do this it'll be time to start calling for his head.

He blew this. Against Notre Fuggin Dame he turtles. Brad had it hummin' for awhile and Richt went away from what got them back in the game in crunch time.

Advertisement

It does make sense because we can't afford to wait 4 more years our program will be DEAD like stop playing football FOREVER DEAD.

Mark richt knew what he was getting into coming here it's either win or go home. He's about to lose 9 games in a row there's no way he should keep his job after that.

Richt needs a whole new offensive staff. Stop calling plays and just be a CEO. Hire a real OC play caller. Maybe keep Thomas brown but just as rb coach not co OC.... searles is trash, Hartley is a nobody and CJR should be an intern

I just want him to come to his senses & hire an OC.

I didn't think we were going to win this game & even if we did, it wouldn't have changed my opinion that he needs an OC.

Regardless of how we finish the season it's what must be done... Some people might put this game on the Defense, but the Defense has completely outperformed their expectations on the season and carried us through the whole season.

I'm not giving up on Richt & I haven't even before today... But, what's inarguable is he fact that he needs to hire an OC.

Because, his days as a playcaller have completely passed him by, even with his "own" players he's better off delegating & letting someone else run their system, so he has less to worry about. He's a CEO, not a gameday/week grinder like you need at OC.

I think we'll be a good team eventually, but it's going to take another 2-3 recruiting classes before we can really compete on a national level.

Last edited:
He's not coaching well, but there's an adjustment period everywhere for everyone. It's not an excuse, but I'll give him another year. There is something wrong with Kaaya, and I'm not blaming Richt for it. He's either hurt physically or hurt mentally, and I think it's more mental. The OL is atrocious, and Richt made comments to that in the spring (their size...where are the big guys?). Flying banners right now is dumb. Sorry, it's dumb. If Richt is stubborn and doesn't make changes after the year, I'll be upset, and if next year is more of the same, I'll be upset. Richt is not a bad coach. I still don't think the game has passed him by. I still he can win here. If he doesn't (and not this year, you can't judge anyone in one year), I'll gladly eat crow.

Everyone wants to be the first to say "I was right, Richt was the wrong hire," like people claim to have been with Golden that it's going to be like this with every coach we have from here on out. And I don't want hear about Herman. He never wanted to come here, and his Houston team sucks this year. I still think he's a good coach, but he'll be at Texas next year, and there is no doubt in my mind that Butch would not be any better this year at Miami.

Anyway, the 9,000 fire Richt threads are annoying as ****, but do what you want, I'm done arguing with people who are irrational. It's like politics.

I feel u.... I'm not giving up on him.... But I'm done with this ***** *** qb.... I'll take back up ethnic sands over this dude

Advertisement

He MUST hire a dedicated competent OC this summer. If he doesn't swallow his pride and do this it'll be time to start calling for his head.

A must. Hiring his son, Hartley, and Brown (as his "OC") should have been a major red flag. All green, almost like Richt didn't want anyone challenging his play calling/scheme/offense.

I just want him to come to his senses & hire an OC.

I didn't think we were going to win this game & even if we did, it wouldn't have changed my opinion that he needs an OC.

Regardless of we finish the season it's what must be done... Some people might put this game in the Defense, but the Defense has completely outperformed their expectations on the season and carried us through the whole season.

I'm not giving up on Richt & I haven't even before today... But, what's inarguable is he fact that he needs to hire an OC.

Because, his days as a playcaller have completely passed him by, even with his "own" players he's better off delegating & letting someone else run their system, so he has less to worry about. He's a CEO, not a gameday/week grinder like you need at OC.

I think we'll be a good team eventually, but it's going to take another 2-3 recruiting classes before we can really compete on a national level.

Amen

He won't do that, he thinks he's a great play caller. GA make him hire someone who could call plays, he's terrible. 3 run plays at the beginning of the game down by 7. Second and 13, 3 and 13, fire his ***.

Advertisement

It does make sense because we can't afford to wait 4 more years our program will be DEAD like stop playing football FOREVER DEAD.

Mark richt knew what he was getting into coming here it's either win or go home. He's about to lose 9 games in a row there's no way he should keep his job after that.

No, it doesn't. You don't hold Richt to a different standard than the last 2 coaches because the last 2 coaches sucked. That's dumb logic.

Advertisement
Back