I'm not a golden defender, but...

5XNC

Senior
Most of you are reaching with this "golden blaming players" crap. I think the defensive scheme sucks and donofrio needs to go, if not both.

Advertisement
nicethreada.gif

I'm personally just tired of the same old vague, bull****, no clear answer, no clear plan etc. crap. He just expects everyone to just nod their heads after four years of watching the same ****? If you don't want fans to draw their own conclusions then step up and start being real with us.

Jhall, I don't disagree w any of that. But, his comments aren't throwing players under the bus, as some would like to believe. Trying to create something that isn't there.

Advertisement
People want to start believing certain things just to support their narrative. There's enough to criticize here without wishing for or believing the worst about everything. We can still suck without Alfred blaming the players to the point that they all covertly hate him and D'onofrio with a passion. Or nitpicking every quote to make it seem like everything the staff says is a dig at the players. We also don't need to make every opponent seem like they're going to blow us out. Other teams suck just as bad or maybe worse than us right now. You lose credibility when you slurp Arky St (or Dook this week) for 6 days straight prior to playing us and they end up sucking too.

Jhall, I don't disagree w any of that. But, his comments aren't throwing players under the bus, as some would like to believe. Trying to create something that isn't there.

I agree that people are running with his comments. Dorito has definitely pushed blame on the players at times and the more these guys dodge questions the worse they make it for themselves. People are getting carried away though, yeah.

Hope is not a strategy, if I hear this maggot say hes hopeful one more time, my heads gonna explode

People want to start believing certain things just to support their narrative. There's enough to criticize here without wishing for or believing the worst about everything. We can still suck without Alfred blaming the players to the point that they all covertly hate him and D'onofrio with a passion. Or nitpicking every quote to make it seem like everything the staff says is a dig at the players. We also don't need to make every opponent seem like they're going to blow us out. Other teams suck just as bad or maybe worse than us right now. You lose credibility when you slurp Arky St (or Dook this week) for 6 days straight prior to playing us and they end up sucking too.

I don't disagree with any of this but some people will always be outside of reality a little bit, and the coaches are really forcing the hands of some of the people that are on the fence of reality. Just a ****** situation all the way around.

Advertisement

I agree that people are running with his comments. Dorito has definitely pushed blame on the players at times and the more these guys dodge questions the worse they make it for themselves. People are getting carried away though, yeah.

Yep. He's not ever going to be critical of talent as their perceived recruiting abilities is one of the last things they have left. Even the local media is smart enough to jump on that if he ever calls out talent levels.

Golden thinks if you start every interview with "It all starts with me" it's then a free pass to say whatever you want about the players after that. It's like he's reading from a script at this point. Says how it starts with him then proceeds to say how the players need to execute better or tackle better or set the edge better or fill their gaps better. Its getting old.

I'm personally just tired of the same old vague, bull****, no clear answer, no clear plan etc. crap. He just expects everyone to just nod their heads after four years of watching the same ****? If you don't want fans to draw their own conclusions then step up and start being real with us.

It's just not in his DNA, it has been the same for four years, the difference he has no clouds, recruiting detriments and on. We are all aware that excuses are like ****holes, everyone has one and they all stink. The BS is over and the reality of the accomplishments or lack thereof are obvious regardless of what they say. What is really the worst of all is he simply does not have the answers, nor is he capable of figuring this out--Miami needs to get a new coach.

Advertisement
Trying to create something that isn't there.

It's b*tching just to b*tch.. It happens when you watch this cluster of a staff underachieve year after year.

While the premise of what you're saying is correct, I'll take any negative publicity against them I can get.

Advertisement
They continue to blame excecution....it's the default.

If only we could meet the people in charge of teaching execution. Wonder if they'll ever speak to the media? We know the guys in charge of drawing up the gameplans all too well.

It's just not in his DNA, it has been the same for four years, the difference he has no clouds, recruiting detriments and on. We are all aware that excuses are like ****holes, everyone has one and they all stink. The BS is over and the reality of the accomplishments or lack thereof are obvious regardless of what they say. What is really the worst of all is he simply does not have the answers, nor is he capable of figuring this out--Miami needs to get a new coach.

The last line you said is the sobering reality of it. He has no answers. I don't care if he's not normally up front with his strategies or has a bit of Randy Shannon reclusiveness in him, that **** is over with. The fans, the media, believe it or not, do deserve answers. I don't buy tickets because of his attitude about the future. You want me to go to a game? Stop ******* around.

So if it's not the scheme, then who is it? He clearly says it's not the scheme. And when they ask him specifically about No D. He says he has the outmost trust in the guy. He calls out the offensive play calling at every chance, even after the UL game. Can't say that about the D though. Don't worry they'll be gone soon enough

Advertisement
Back