I'm for real done with this...

Advertisement
steelreserve21140.JPG

No Blantons, but I was able to pick up a bottle of Jeffersons (one of my favs) and a cheapo bottle of mckenna lol
Ok Which do you do First, the cheap McKenna and then the Jefferson’s? It’s the aged at sea stuff I think right?

Ok Which do you do First, the cheap McKenna and then the Jefferson’s? It’s the aged at sea stuff I think right?
I will use the McKenna for while at work. That sounds awful, but from now until January its basically a no show job so ill show up and drink whiskey and coffee until noon and go home.

Yeah it is the Jeffersons Ocean double barrel. This one is for the halloween party.

Advertisement
I will use the McKenna for while at work. That sounds awful, but from now until January its basically a no show job so ill show up and drink whiskey and coffee until noon and go home.

Yeah it is the Jeffersons Ocean double barrel. This one is for the halloween party.
Were you injured?

I got a bottle of the Jefferson’s reserve aged at sea and I did not enjoy it at all. There are much better mid range bourbons imo
I was advised against it a while back. Does it have a lot of wood in the flavor from the barrels and the process of being at sea?

I was advised against it a while back. Does it have a lot of wood in the flavor from the barrels and the process of being at sea?
Maybe that was it. It’s been a while so I can’t remember exactly why I didn’t enjoy it. But the flavor just wasn’t as good as some of the others for the same price. I don’t really feel that the aging at sea process really adds anything meaningful to the flavor

Advertisement
I’m not all that impressed when somebody tells me a $50+ bottle of bourbon is good; At that price it should be. I love it when a friend turns me on to a moderately priced bottle that is a good pour. Buffalo Trace, 4 Roses single barrel, and these are all good choices. Run, don’t walk, to Costco to get these. They are Barton’s 1792 (it actually says so on the label) and are one of the best values in bourbon. I especially like the bottle in bond (the green label) that they sell for $25. It’s actually better than the Kentucky Owl Confiscated that they sell for $90.

8F3BFD3F-EF5F-41D7-AF70-5F567DEEBED4.jpeg

I love this thread.

- Woodford is a nice drink. It doesn't kill the pocket either. Not my go-to but decent nonetheless

- I love Buffalo Trace when I can find it

- My daily sipper has been Angel's Envy for the last couple of years

I love this thread.

- Woodford is a nice drink. It doesn't kill the pocket either. Not my go-to but decent nonetheless

- I love Buffalo Trace when I can find it

- My daily sipper has been Angel's Envy for the last couple of years
I’ve heard good things about the angels envy but I’ve yet to pick up a bottle of it

Advertisement
Same here man! It is absolute insanity what people pay for bourbon. I would bet huge money in a blind taste test of older Pappy versions(15,20,23 yr) that most people would choose the other product.
I get your point, but that’s not true at all. Maybe the 10 or 12. Have they gotten overpriced? Yes. They’re definitely not getting confused with Woodford.

I have a lot of friends and know a lot of other people that work for Buffalo Trace and almost every one of them will say the best bourbon on site will be either Eagle Rare or Weller 12 yr. The Weller 12 is also Pappy 12 year lot b. Perfect example of what im saying is before most people knew that Weller was the same as Pappy. You could buy Weller for little of nothing anytime any where. That is until they found out it was the same and now it draws 500-1000 a bottle. Weller was just another bourbon beforehand.I've had people tell me they didn't like one product over the other when both products came out of the same bottling tank. We stopped the bottling line, changed labels and kept on rolling.

Advertisement
I have a lot of friends and know a lot of other people that work for Buffalo Trace and almost every one of them will say the best bourbon on site will be either Eagle Rare or Weller 12 yr. The Weller 12 is also Pappy 12 year lot b. Perfect example of what im saying is before most people knew that Weller was the same as Pappy. You could buy Weller for little of nothing anytime any where. That is until they found out it was the same and now it draws 500-1000 a bottle. Weller was just another bourbon beforehand.I've had people tell me they didn't like one product over the other when both products came out of the same bottling tank. We stopped the bottling line, changed labels and kept on rolling.
I said this earlier, but we used to always have at least 4 cases of weller 12 stacked up @ $15 a bottle and very few people would buy it. The people that did would just buy a case. I wish I would’ve loaded up on a few cases. This was only 2013 too.

I said this earlier, but we used to always have at least 4 cases of weller 12 stacked up @ $15 a bottle and very few people would buy it. The people that did would just buy a case. I wish I would’ve loaded up on a few cases. This was only 2013 too.
That was a good deal on Weller 12. I found an old receipt from 2009 under some bottles that i stashed away ...Weller 12 was 27.?? here in Ky back then. Liquid gold nowadays! LOL

Advertisement
Back