I'm actually encouraged.

Advertisement
Tbh I kinda expected this tonight. If the biggest issues in Manny’s first game is procedural penalties and a young offense getting beat by an experienced unit, I’m not too concerned. Last year this team would’ve rolled over after Florida took the lead in the second half. The issues are correctable. If these are persistent throughout year, then yea there maybe a problem.

Last year we would have been blown out.

Advertisement
Crazy notion but I'm going out on a limb and saying that's the worst we'll look all season....and no more of this week 0 bull****. Neither team was ready. Such a horrible game.
This team is not good, I don’t care about moral victories these cats always find a reason to lose and look like a 7 win team this year.. there’s no way to spin losing to that garbage team and feeling good.

the biggest thing i took from tonight was this team fought back **** near every time florida landed a blow. sure it was way too sloppy, sure our terrible OL play eventually did us in, and those are things that will have to get fixed. but can you honestly look me in the eye and tell me that last year's team would have responded the way we did tonight after florida took the early lead? or after they went up 17-13?

Advertisement
-Very encouraged: dynamic offense, youth and on-field inexperience abound (with a Fresh LT; Shirt Fresh Rt and Shirt Fresh QB; with first time center), and a gutsy game called by both the first time OC and HC (the fake fg was an awesome call pulling a page out of Fla's earlier fake punt...) with a missed chip shot away (if other things panned out similarly) from wrapping up with a game winning field goal. And --as another poster recognized- a chance to win v. a top 10 team being the effect of presumably the worst game we'll play... It's almost difficult to not be more than encouraged.

Advertisement
Ppl are tripping on this Board right now. We literally started 2 freshmen tackles, our “ best “ player muff a punt for us that cost a lead. Terrible officiating, bad penalties and still almost won the game. We are going to crush the ACC.

Notice how the Gators were talking trash all offseason and had nothing to say after the game.
What he said ^^^

No way. That OL is going to get ***** slapped all season.
Just heard the Stat, JW was harrassed 60% of the times he dropped back.
Enos screaming at JW before that last drive was unprofessional.
14 penalties?
This is a rebuilding year..

Advertisement
Problem is I actually think Miami is the better team. That's why I'm ****ed. If they played at the end of the year Miami would win.
If this game was played again in two weeks, we win. Our ceiling is MUCH higher than theirs.

And every single one of those irrational inbreds leaving that stadium knew it.

Advertisement
Back