I'm actually encouraged.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t. That OL is historically bad and is likely to cost us another game or two,

Only time will tell. There were way more instances of getting beat on talent than pure confusion. The former is better than the latter seeing that that was a ridiculous test for those guys.

Advertisement
Ppl are tripping on this Board right now. We literally started 2 freshmen tackles, our “ best “ player muff a punt for us that cost a lead. Terrible officiating, bad penalties and still almost won the game. We are going to crush the ACC.

Notice how the Gators were talking trash all offseason and had nothing to say after the game.

It was a game we were going to end up winning up until the muffed punt. And even then we were a missed chip shot away from being down 2 with the last possession of the game.

The worst we may look all season was a game we should've won.

Advertisement
Tbh I kinda expected this tonight. If the biggest issues in Manny’s first game is procedural penalties and a young offense getting beat by an experienced unit, I’m not too concerned. Last year this team would’ve rolled over after Florida took the lead in the second half. The issues are correctable. If these are persistent throughout year, then yea there maybe a problem.

I was very encouraged.

Most importantly, the QB looked very good. Poised, good decisions, good arm, accurate.

The team played hard.

The Oline will get better. This was the best dline they will face all regular season. The Oline will not be the strength of the team, but they will cut down on penalties and, hopefully, figure about a way to be serviceable.

I think the QB play we saw tonight as well as the talent on the team make us likely to win the coastal. That would be good enough for me in Mannys first year.

Advertisement
Only time will tell. There were way more instances of getting beat on talent than pure confusion. The former is better than the latter seeing that that was a ridiculous test for those guys.
this, we gave up 10 sacks and we were still there at the end .... not to mention we knew the o-line would take some lumps, they got lumped up good, they'll get better
We won't face another defense like this either

I'm encouraged because I think the players will get better.

I'm discouraged because I don't know if Enos is a fraud or not.

Advertisement
Back