If you missed Norvell on warchant...

They showed us no mercy with Shannon or Golden, did they?

Miami never got blown out like this against FSU with Shannon or Golden(Outside of the 2013 debacle and even that was a struggle until Duke broke his ankle). Frankly, had Al fired his buddy D'Onofrio, he would have had multiple wins against FSU and those were top end Nole teams. Say what you want, but Miami never came into an FSU game and quit from the opening kickoff. This game was NEVER even close to being a game.

Advertisement
Miami never got blown out like this against FSU with Shannon or Golden(Outside of the 2013 debacle and even that was a struggle until Duke broke his ankle). Frankly, had Al fired his buddy D'Onofrio, he would have had multiple wins against FSU and those were top end Nole teams. Say what you want, but Miami never came into an FSU game and quit from the opening kickoff. This game was NEVER even close to being a game.
Shannon got leveled in 2010. We can split hairs and say FSU never cracked 50 but that was a historical score.

It's been discussed on the board, but FSU fans literally have no idea whats in store for them. They had two HOF coaches leading their school for the past 30 years, and they think because they are FSU, they can quickly turn it around with a new coach.

....No. We as 'Canes fans knows what happened after Coker. Catching lightning in a bottle once, you are extremely lucky. Catching it twice is extraordinary. Catching it three times in a row is **** near impossible.

FSU fans are not going to understand this, and at the minimum, even if Norvell works out for them, they are probably not going to be competitive for the next 4-5 years, and more than likely at least 10 and two more coaches. A total rebuild is in order, and they are going to have to suffer in the interim.
Miami went through it. Florida went through it. Now FSU is going through it. National Championship coach has a 6 win season and is gone. Left with multiple replacements with unreasonable expectations.

This is the type of game that can get coaches fired. COVID came calling and Nolevell got lucky. That, and his first year at the helm. He's got quite a task ahead of him now.
FSU and most colleges won’t be firing any coaches with years left on a contract. You will see less coaching turnover than ever the next few years.

Advertisement
Jimbo was only good because he took advantage of the Shapiro scandal that the NCAA took like 7 years to finish to investigate and which completed sabataged our recruiting for nearly a decade. He told recruits we were getting the death penalty and we couldn't get enough decent recruits back then. That's one of the reasons why they won 7 years in a row along with some horrible coaching by us. Once the death penalty threat ended suddenly we started getting really good players again in numbers to compete with FSU. That is when FSU started to fade and Miami started to rise again. Watching the game last night, I laughed at how stupid their offensive game plan was against our defense. I was also amazed at how easily the King and Lashlee exposed their defense. Outside of Samuel, their secondary was slow and even he wasn't that fast. We scored 52 easily. They have a lot of work to do before they are "back." We will find out how close to being "back" we are in South Carolina in 2 weeks.

Miami went through it. Florida went through it. Now FSU is going through it. National Championship coach has a 6 win season and is gone. Left with multiple replacements with unreasonable expectations.

When Jimbo left FSU their record was 5-6. Their 6th win was in the bowl game.

Jimbo was only good because he took advantage of the Shapiro scandal that the NCAA took like 7 years to finish to investigate and which completed sabataged our recruiting for nearly a decade. He told recruits we were getting the death penalty and we couldn't get enough decent recruits back then. That's one of the reasons why they won 7 years in a row along with some horrible coaching by us. Once the death penalty threat ended suddenly we started getting really good players again in numbers to compete with FSU. That is when FSU started to fade and Miami started to rise again. Watching the game last night, I laughed at how stupid their offensive game plan was against our defense. I was also amazed at how easily the King and Lashlee exposed their defense. Outside of Samuel, their secondary was slow and even he wasn't that fast. We scored 52 easily. They have a lot of work to do before they are "back." We will find out how close to being "back" we are in South Carolina in 2 weeks.
Jimbo was good because he landed and developed Jameis amongst other players. The reality is that he became a broken man when he got cucked. He mailed it in and wanted out. The program began to rot and then they hired the worst type of guy for that situation in Willie who was a player’s coach. It just kept rotting. Now they are stuck with Norvell because they don’t have the money for another buyout.

Advertisement
Someone use to post postgame interviews of our opponents. Don’t see them anymore. Am I missing them?

They got away with murder under jimbo. Forget about Winston. Dalvin cook beat the crap out of a girl and didn’t get in real trouble
My friend had a kid who went there. No rules. They sat around playing video games until practice.
the day the music died was the day Winston came out onto the field in uniform while suspended, telling the whole world, including his coach, to f@ck off and that he could do whatever the f@ck he wanted. that was the sure sign that the culture was dead and that the team and program were rotting.

The Noles don't have much talent, but the coaching was objectively bad. The facemasks, targeting, unsportsmanlike conduct . . . all a sign of a poorly disciplined team. That falls on coaching. Also, that decision to go for it at the end of the 1st half on 4th and 20(!) was as bad a coaching decision as I can recall. Just punt and go to halftime. I mean, your line sucks, your QB is indecisive, Miami's pass rush is very good and you decide to go for it under those circumstances? Just bewildering.

Edit: Oh, and the FSU defense hasn't stopped Miami all night and Miami has as good a FG kicker as any in the country. I mean, really? WTF? (Of course, Miami cashed in there for another 3.)

Last edited:
The Noles don't have much talent, but the coaching was objectively bad. The facemasks, targeting, unsportsmanlike conduct . . . all a sign of a poorly disciplined team. That falls on coaching. Also, that decision to go for it at the end of the 1st half on 4th and 20(!) was as bad a coaching decision as I can recall. Just punt and go to halftime. I mean, your line sucks, your QB is indecisive, Miami's pass rush is very good and you decide to go for it under those circumstances? Just bewildering.
Lol and we brought 2 dbs on a blitz

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back