If you missed Norvell on warchant...

Nah, FSU had quite a run while Jimbo was their coach. Miami was dog **** during that time. Ever since then, I've given up the dream that both UM and FSU need to be good, even for the sake of college football. We just need Miami to get back to the glory days. FSU can kick rocks.
Ok fine, cfb needs the U! Well at least I do! **** it’s been a long time since I actually look forward to a big game!

Advertisement
Nah, FSU had quite a run while Jimbo was their coach. Miami was dog **** during that time. Ever since then, I've given up the dream that both UM and FSU need to be good, even for the sake of college football. We just need Miami to get back to the glory days. FSU can kick rocks.
Yeah. FSU can pound sand. I hope they are never good again.

They should’ve just stuck with Taggart bc nobody is going to be able to turn that program around in under 10 years. And at least Taggart had an offense that could score at times even though they still sucked. Whatever bs Norvell Is doing on offense is straight garbage.
And then they should have gone out and spent money on D‘No to run their 3-4:LOL:

Advertisement
Their Offense will improve in a couple of years but that Defense is terrible. Dare I say, worst than D’ Onofrio. They are ****ed.

I Agree their defense is terrible and that’s the side with the most “talent” on their team with the expectation of being able to carry the team and keep games close. But I believe their offense is going to take longer to fix just bc of the lack of leadership at QB and talent on Oline.

Last edited:
They got away with murder under jimbo. Forget about Winston. Dalvin cook beat the crap out of a girl and didn’t get in real trouble
My friend had a kid who went there. No rules. They sat around playing video games until practice.
Campus police There kept lots swept under the rug

It really is eerily similar to our situation. I do kind of feel bad, cfb needs FSU and UM to be good.
But at the end of the day, it sucks to suck! Later noles!!!!!!
They showed us no mercy with Shannon or Golden, did they?

Advertisement
Yup. Once FSU wasn't willing to invest in the program, when it was clear he had that program humming, he basically quit on them. In the end, like Miami, FSU's problem was the administration.
Nahhh, Jimbo had everything He needed to keep that program humming. 4 & 5* recruits out the wazoo...although their facilities weren't like Clemson's, they had an indoor practice field. Jimbo failed to hold His players & coaches accountable, and He was a horrible evaluator of the QB position even though He's supposed to be this so-called guru.

Good times. Remember them claiming how there would be plenty of A list coaches interested in that job? Also, they likely had to pay Taggart something to go away, and I don’t think their athletic dept is flush with cash, so they might be stuck with Memphis mike for a while.

Advertisement
Nahhh, Jimbo had everything He needed to keep that program humming. 4 & 5* recruits out the wazoo...although their facilities weren't like Clemson's, they had an indoor practice field. Jimbo failed to hold His players & coaches accountable, and He was a horrible evaluator of the QB position even though He's supposed to be this so-called guru.
Didn't he also fail to hold his wife accountable?

Oh he has a chance. It is so bad now he will have complete control and can burn the whole thing down and build it back right. No more of that boys will be boys BS that has stunk up the program for so many years. He needs years to fix this, and FSU can not simply keep firing coaches that fail for a year and a half.

Norvell holds all the cards. He can walk into the AD's office and tell them it needs to get worse before it can get better. That whole program needs to burn, because right now they are changing tires on a mobile home that is rusted out, and on fire. Let the SOB burn, then get yourself a new one. The old FSU is DEAD. Sorry, FSU and mobile home just goes too well together not to use the analogy.

FSU got some bad characters on that team. Bunch of clout chasing wanna be goons on that team. Walking around campus and the field like they in a trap house. Boy, if y’all don’t pull y’all pants up and take y’all *** to class. Terry probably has the worst character on that team.
And the coaches up to this point have been powerless to change the culture. That has to change or they will never be "back". The problem is the entire athletic department thinks they have to let boys be boys to get the players they need to win. It's simply not the case. The inmates run that asylum.

Advertisement
It's been discussed on the board, but FSU fans literally have no idea whats in store for them. They had two HOF coaches leading their school for the past 30 years, and they think because they are FSU, they can quickly turn it around with a new coach.

....No. We as 'Canes fans knows what happened after Coker. Catching lightning in a bottle once, you are extremely lucky. Catching it twice is extraordinary. Catching it three times in a row is **** near impossible.

FSU fans are not going to understand this, and at the minimum, even if Norvell works out for them, they are probably not going to be competitive for the next 4-5 years, and more than likely at least 10 and two more coaches. A total rebuild is in order, and they are going to have to suffer in the interim.

It really is eerily similar to our situation. I do kind of feel bad, cfb needs FSU and UM to be good.
But at the end of the day, it sucks to suck! Later noles!!!!!!

Miami has to be good, but nationally no one cares about Florida or Florida State. Miami's brand is strong—hence back-to-back primetime games (and another in two weeks for Clemson.)

In an era where Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, etc. are all rolling—Miami added some non-Southern flair to the game and can engage the casual observer.

The only reason anyone ever cared about Florida State was due to Miami's rivalry with them. Nationally, the needle doesn't move for Florida versus Florida State; always takes Miami being the opponent on the other side of the ball.

All that to say, ***** these guys. Their fans were at a Gator-level smug-wise back in 2013 with Jarapist under center. Incorrigible. Let them rot with Norvell.

FSU mortgaged their future for their last title. Winston is a garbage dump of a human being, and Fisher enabled him. When you enable someone publicly like they did, it sets a precedent. You can see the cultural rot throughout their program, and it has been years in the making. The undisciplined play, the trash talking despite taking an asswhipping, it's all a sign of a bad culture.

Miami had had those issues in the recent past as well, but Richt and Diaz addressed it, with Diaz addressing it through upgrading the talent. Diaz had some missteps(JT4), but he's shown the ability to move guys out of the program when they just aren't a good fit.

Advertisement
Back