If you missed Norvell on warchant...

miamicanephins

Paid in Full
He had that wtf, deer in the head light look. The degree to which the level of the fspoo football program has fallen and the severity in which the game was lost was overwhelming to him. All he could do was utter one coaching cliche after another. He knows he is in over his head. Other than the first drive, the moles were never in the game. The beatdown was that severe.

One the one hand, I had pity for him, he really has no chance to turn that program around. Unfortunately, as Canes fans, we have all heard the coach speak, we can recognize when a coach is not the one and when one is going to fail. He was trying to put forward a brave face, say the right things, and act like a leader with a plan, but you could see right through it, he has no clue.

But on the other hand, I was laughing my *** off, because the suggestions were that he only needs time to get "his guys". Can't fire him now, it's going to take a couple of years...Taggart screwed us. This is all Jimbo's fault. We're now a basketball school. Miami isn't that good, clemsum will destroy them. Etc, etc, etc.

Last night the denial and grief were strong and today reality must be a bytch. Does this defeat hurt worse than the wide rights? LOL I hope so.

Epic win. Go Canes!

fsu.jpeg

Advertisement
It really is eerily similar to our situation. I do kind of feel bad, cfb needs FSU and UM to be good.
But at the end of the day, it sucks to suck! Later noles!!!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I actually think he is good coach but it aint going to matter just like Taggert , who isn't a great coach but not horrible either , didn't matter. Their program is rotted from the top down. Everything needs to change before they start winning again. Everything . Norvell isn't and won't the be issue but he will be blamed.

Half a decade? More like a decade and a half...
Yeah, I meant, we really only started to fix it the second half of this past decade. And even then it was a case of getting a bit better a couple years, then backsliding some.

It really is eerily similar to our situation. I do kind of feel bad, cfb needs FSU and UM to be good.
But at the end of the day, it sucks to suck! Later noles!!!!!!

Nah, FSU had quite a run while Jimbo was their coach. Miami was dog **** during that time. Ever since then, I've given up the dream that both UM and FSU need to be good, even for the sake of college football. We just need Miami to get back to the glory days. FSU can kick rocks.

Advertisement
Jimbo gave up on FSU 2 years prior to him leaving. I remember the reports of him being ****ed at the school for not investing more money into the program.
Yup. Once FSU wasn't willing to invest in the program, when it was clear he had that program humming, he basically quit on them. In the end, like Miami, FSU's problem was the administration.

it's easy to blame Norvell and Willie, but how much of this falls on Jimbo?

At the end, things really fell apart on him and then he bolted...
They got away with murder under jimbo. Forget about Winston. Dalvin cook beat the crap out of a girl and didn’t get in real trouble
My friend had a kid who went there. No rules. They sat around playing video games until practice.

Advertisement
Are they worse off with Norvell over Willie? We understand their pain with coaches speak and a culture problem. We KNEW when Golden was the coach he wasn’t the right guy just like the Noles knew Willie wasn’t the right guy. Time will tell with Norvell. One positive about getting beat that bad against us is 99.9% they won’t get beat by us that bad next year so he can say they are getting better and he has them going in the right direction. As they teach us in the Army “hunt the good stuff.” 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 We will also find out real quick if Manny is making progress. Playing #1 team in the country on the road coming off a bye. That’s a recipe for disaster for our program for almost 20 years. Then after that game how does the team respond with success or let down? Also getting the team up for games that are not hyped up and meaningful. It’s not hard to get the team up for FSU, Clemson, UNC etc etc but can they play at a high level vs the Georgia Techs and NC States of the world? Either way I am eager to find out. GO CANES!!!!

They should’ve just stuck with Taggart bc nobody is going to be able to turn that program around in under 10 years. And at least Taggart had an offense that could score at times even though they still sucked. Whatever bs Norvell Is doing on offense is straight garbage.

They should’ve just stuck with Taggart bc nobody is going to be able to turn that program around in under 10 years. And at least Taggart had an offense that could score at times even though they still sucked. Whatever bs Norvell Is doing on offense is straight garbage.
Their Offense will improve in a couple of years but that Defense is terrible. Dare I say, worst than D’ Onofrio. They are ****ed.

FSU got some bad characters on that team. Bunch of clout chasing wanna be goons on that team. Walking around campus and the field like they in a trap house. Boy, if y’all don’t pull y’all pants up and take y’all *** to class. Terry probably has the worst character on that team.

Advertisement
Back