If you had to pick one QB from the past to start vs Bama.....

Who would be your starter

• Dorsey

Votes: 40 17.9%
  • Walsh

Votes: 25 11.2%
  • Testervade

Votes: 48 21.5%
  • Kelly

Votes: 63 28.3%
  • Erickson

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Berlin

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Jacory(Jedd Fisch version)

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Kayya

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Kosar

Votes: 16 7.2%

• Total voters
Advertisement
halloween bird GIF

Advertisement
So could have Jacory.

Once he finally played under a halfway decent OC his Senior year he threw for 2,486yds 20TD’s & 9INT’s at 65% completion percentage & had some really good wins throughout his career.

He wouldn’t have been “Japicky” playing in an uptempo Spread offense, easier reads & quicker progression, plus Lashlee would’ve used his big arm to stretch the field with Travis Benjamin, Phillip Dorsett & LaRon Byrd.

El man, I know Jacory's your man, but you routinely underrate Whipple as an offensive mind. Smh. Just look at what he's accomplished in his career. Not only has he been a P5 OC, & SB winning QB coach in the NFL, but also a HC at the FCS & FBS levels. His offenses at UMASS were some of the best in the country, despite being in the early yrs of transitioning to FBS, and having less talent than the MAJORITY of teams they played. In Whipple's 1st season @ MIA, he orchestrated one of the best Offenses in program history. You can't blame Jacory's INTs on Whipple, and also simultaneously ignore 5000+ yds of offensive production. Also he never had a strong arm, nor was he that mobile. His greatest strength was throwing with anticipation & accuracy. Traits that were suited to the west coast offense that Whipple installed. It's important to understand that Jacory had his BEST season under Whipple & not Fisch. In Whipple's best yr the team went 9-4, was in contention for a BCS bowl, and had a signature win against OU. With Fisch despite being a Sr, he only won 6 games.

As for Fisch, you already know what hes accomplished in his career. Multiple stints as OC in P5, NFL OC, QBs coach, assistant, developed Josh Rosen into a top 10 pick, and is currently the HC @ UA.

This whole notion that Jacory didn't have capable OCs during his career @ MIA is just ridiculous. The bottomline is he was a limited QB in multiple aspects. That's why he went undrafted. That's why he couldn't even make a practice squad in the NFL, and had to play in Canada as a backup. No OC in the world could've changed that, and that includes Lashlee. The improvements would've been marginal at best

El, you're a respected poster, but a lot of your predictions regarding Football are flat out wrong. To put it lightly. Thats why you have to go out of your way to let people know that you were right all along, when you happen to get something right. I think your greatest strength is providing insight on S.FLA recruits. That's what you do best

Last edited:
El man, I know Jacory's your man, but you routinely underrate Whipple as an offensive mind. Smh. Just look at what he's accomplished in his career. Not only has he been a SB winning QB coach in the NFL, but also a HC at the FCS & FBS levels. His offenses at UMASS were some of the best in the country, despite being in the early yrs of transitioning to FBS, and having less talent than the MAJORITY of teams they played. In Whipple's 1st season @ MIA, he orchestrated one of the best Offenses in program history. You can't blame Jacory's INTs on Whipple, and also simultaneously ignore 5000+ yds of offensive production. Also he never had a strong arm, nor was he that mobile. His greatest strength was throwing with anticipation & accuracy. Traits that were suited to the west coast offense that Whipple installed

As for Fisch, you already know what hes accomplished in his career. Multiple stints as OC in P5, NFL OC, QBs coach, assistant, developed Josh Rosen into a top 10 pick, and is currently the HC of UA.

This whole notion that Jacory didn't have capable OCs during his career @ MIA is just ridiculous. The bottomline is he was a limited QB in multiple aspects. That's why he went undrafted. That's why he couldn't even make a practice squad in the NFL, and had to play in Canada as a backup. No OC in the world could've changed that, and that includes Lashlee. The improvements would've been marginal at best

El, you're a respected poster, but a lot of your predictions regarding Football are flat out wrong. To put it lightly. Thats why you have to go out of your way to let people know that you were right all along, when you happen to get something right. I think your greatest strength is providing insight on S.FLA recruits. That's what you do best
I think most people would attribute the interceptions to Whipple's love for the deep ball but I also agree the gains would be marginal. Also, his sophomore year he played thru a thumb injury on his throwing hand. I think we had Highsmith or Whipple as his only backup so he had to be out there.

The Sun Bowl where he played catch with Harrison Smith 3x was brutal..

Advertisement
I can explain that easily. Have you ever met him. He’s a ******* Cane hating clown. I respect what he did here and “maybe” that arrogance is partly responsible for his success. It doesn’t excuse his attitude towards this program and the kids that play here today. Great memories and that’s where he belongs, in the rear view.
And yet none of that is relevant to the poll or rationale for listing the people in it.

Your pique notwithstanding.

brock berlin and it aint no question
he was next level when playing fast and in the spread

I think most people would attribute the interceptions to Whipple's love for the deep ball but I also agree the gains would be marginal. Also, his sophomore year he played thru a thumb injury on his throwing hand. I think we had Highsmith or Whipple as his only backup so he had to be out there.

The Sun Bowl where he played catch with Harrison Smith 3x was brutal..

Whip did emphasize downfield passing, but his run/pass ratio was balanced. Also, theres this misconception floating around on this forum that under Fisch Jacory was less Int prone. While its true that Jacory's overall Int number decreased under Fisch, he also threw 106 less attempts compared to Whip's best yr @ MIA. Furthermore when you actually dig deeper and look at Int per attempt, you see that number was only slightly improved under Fisch, but came at the expense of less yds & TDs. As a result the overall offense was much more conservative and the offensive production & efficiency significantly lower under Fisch compared to Whip. The bottomline is Jacory was always going to be turnover prone, because of his passing and physical limitations. He was 6.4", 185 lbs when he played @ MIA

Last edited:
El man, I know Jacory's your man, but you routinely underrate Whipple as an offensive mind. Smh. Just look at what he's accomplished in his career. Not only has he been a P5 OC, & SB winning QB coach in the NFL, but also a HC at the FCS & FBS levels. His offenses at UMASS were some of the best in the country, despite being in the early yrs of transitioning to FBS, and having less talent than the MAJORITY of teams they played. In Whipple's 1st season @ MIA, he orchestrated one of the best Offenses in program history. You can't blame Jacory's INTs on Whipple, and also simultaneously ignore 5000+ yds of offensive production. Also he never had a strong arm, nor was he that mobile. His greatest strength was throwing with anticipation & accuracy. Traits that were suited to the west coast offense that Whipple installed. It's important to understand that Jacory had his BEST season under Whipple & not Fisch. In Whipple's best yr the team went 9-4, was in contention for a BCS bowl, and had a signature win against OU. With Fisch despite being a Sr, he only won 6 games.

As for Fisch, you already know what hes accomplished in his career. Multiple stints as OC in P5, NFL OC, QBs coach, assistant, developed Josh Rosen into a top 10 pick, and is currently the HC @ UA.

Whip did emphasize downfield passing, but his run/pass ratio was balanced. Also, theres this misconception floating around on this forum that under Fisch Jacory was less Int prone. While its true that Jacory's overall Int number decreased under Fisch, he also threw 106 less attempts compared to Whip's best yr @ MIA. Furthermore when you actually dig deeper and look at Int per attempt, you see that number actually increased under Fisch. The bottomline is Jacory was always going to be turnover prone, because of his passing and physical limitations. He was 6.4", 185 lbs when he played @ MIA

Spencer?

Advertisement
With today's College offenses, I'd pick Testaverde with His dual threat ability.

Spencer?

Only talk facts with me homey, or run along. I don't pay any credence to subjective opinions, because they're like ********, everybody got em'

El man, I know Jacory's your man, but you routinely underrate Whipple as an offensive mind. Smh. Just look at what he's accomplished in his career. Not only has he been a SB winning QB coach in the NFL, but also a HC at the FCS & FBS levels. His offenses at UMASS were some of the best in the country, despite being in the early yrs of transitioning to FBS, and having less talent than the MAJORITY of teams they played. In Whipple's 1st season @ MIA, he orchestrated one of the best Offenses in program history. You can't blame Jacory's INTs on Whipple, and also simultaneously ignore 5000+ yds of offensive production. Also he never had a strong arm, nor was he that mobile. His greatest strength was throwing with anticipation & accuracy. Traits that were suited to the west coast offense that Whipple installed

As for Fisch, you already know what hes accomplished in his career. Multiple stints as OC in P5, NFL OC, QBs coach, assistant, developed Josh Rosen into a top 10 pick, and is currently the HC of UA.

#1) Whatever Whipple's accomplishments were post Miami have no barring on what he did while at Miami & IMO he was average OC at Miami.

2) I didn't underrate Fisch, I clearly stated once Jacory played for an OC that understood how to utilize his skill set to his best ability his INT's went down & his completion % went up.

I didn't blame all his INT's on Whipple & I never claimed he wasn't a limited QB, I just think based on how different he played in a different system he could've been more effective. You don't, that's fine.

As far as my football predictions or whatever else you're talking about, I never claimed to be perfect nor do I ever say I'm always right, I simply offer my opinion just like anybody else does, people for whatever reason hang onto my every word & hold me to a standard that no one else is ever held to. Yes I'm wrong about sh*t, just like every single human being that has ever posted on this site before including you. The difference is, when I'm wrong I get a bunch of jilted fans that have to attack me as if I'm the one coaching the team or playing on the field lol I'm just a fan like everybody else, I offer my opinion as I see it, I don't hold a gun to anyone's head & force them to listen.

As far as telling me "what I do I best", maybe you didn't mean it in a certain way, but how funny is it that you're actually trying to tell me what I do best as if you're some kind of arbiter of what I post lol. What I do best is be myself, people can take it or leave it, I'm not here for the sake of others people's entertainment.

I don't bother people & I don't tell anyone what to do, if someone has a problem with me the ignore button still works.

Advertisement
#1) Whatever Whipple's accomplishments were post Miami have no barring on what he did while at Miami & IMO he was average OC at Miami.

2) I didn't underrate Fisch, I clearly stated once Jacory played for an OC that understood how to utilize his skill set to his best ability his INT's went down & his completion % went up.

I didn't blame all his INT's on Whipple & I never claimed he wasn't a limited QB, I just think based on how different he played in a different system he could've been more effective. You don't, that's fine.

As far as my football predictions or whatever else you're talking about, I never claimed to be perfect nor do I ever say I'm always right, I simply offer my opinion just like anybody else does, people for whatever reason hang onto my every word & hold me to a standard that no one else is ever held to. Yes I'm wrong about sh*t, just like every single human being that has ever posted on this site before including you. The difference is, when I'm wrong I get a bunch of jilted fans that have to attack me as if I'm the one coaching the team or playing on the field lol I'm just a fan like everybody else, I offer my opinion as I see it, I don't hold a gun to anyone's head & force them to listen.

As far as telling me "what I do I best", maybe you didn't mean it in a certain way, but how funny is it that you're actually trying to tell me what I do best as if you're some kind of arbiter of what I post lol. What I do best is be myself, people can take it or leave it, I'm not here for the sake of others people's entertainment.

I don't bother people & I don't tell anyone what to do, if someone has a problem with me the ignore button still works.
Facts this is what real posters do.

"Average"?...LOL.

Whipple's offenses in 09' & 10' turned the ball over 57 times, that bozo was the worse OC to ever come through Coral Gables...utter & absolute garbage.

You're right El, and I'm sorry if it sounded like I was trying to tell you what to do. Everyone has the freedom to predict & post whatever they like, and no one can be right 100% of the time. I am certainly not excluded from that. I will ride with you until the end on this forum, because I value what you have to say, and think you're a good dude. Your friend Jacory also seems like a good dude, and I was a fan of his. Cardiac & Ice were fitting monikers for him, and he definitely had some clutch performances in a Hurricanes uniform. Particularly the FSU & WF games. I wish him all the best in his future endeavors

Advertisement
Back