If you had to pick one QB from the past to start vs Bama.....

Who would be your starter

• Dorsey

Votes: 40 17.9%
  • Walsh

Votes: 25 11.2%
  • Testervade

Votes: 48 21.5%
  • Kelly

Votes: 63 28.3%
  • Erickson

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Berlin

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Jacory(Jedd Fisch version)

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Kayya

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Kosar

Votes: 16 7.2%

• Total voters
Advertisement
Advertisement
How come no Malik Rosier in the revenge game for not getting offered by the hometown team??

Advertisement
Advertisement
Also got his teeth kicked in by baga already
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Steve Walsh only lost one BS game in his whole career at UM. Dude played against the heavyweights at the time too (FSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, etc).

Walsh, and Kozar each had season opening wins vs #1's.
Actually each followed a win vs a #1 the previous season.
Not many QB's have back-to-back wins vs the top-ranked team in the country on their resume.

HOWEVER....

Kelly ran the "Run and Shoot" his first 2 years in the pros with the Houston Gamblers.
I have no clue if it is but it sounds like a good fit.

Normally Walsh all day given his resume.
Kelly gets the nod in this offense.

Steve Walsh only lost one BS game in his whole career at UM. Dude played against the heavyweights at the time too (FSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, etc).
Walsh 100% with this year's squad. Last year's squad, I'd probably go with Testaverde, because when it wasn't a bowl game, Vinny was dominant in reg season games and could gain a lot of yards with his legs as well as his arm.

With last year's OL and WR's dropping balls, Walsh would not be a good pick.

But, there isn't a Cane QB I'd rather have if the OL is decent and the WR's are actually catching the ball (which I believe we'll see big improvements on this year), than Steve Walsh. Ice in his veins, sharp mind and the very definition of a gamer. The only game he ever lost was stolen by an unscrupulous ref on a bad call, on the road, against the eventual undefeated #1 team and National Champion that year. That game was stolen.

Anyhoo, if there's talent to protect and to catch, in other words, no need for the QB's legs to add to the overall yardage, there's never been anyone better than Steve Walsh. He still hasn't lost a game as a Cane as far as I'm concerned. He's had one stolen, but he never lost one.
Some support stats for you guys:

Advertisement
Back