If you had to pick one QB from the past to start vs Bama.....

Who would be your starter

• Dorsey

Votes: 40 17.9%
  • Walsh

Votes: 25 11.2%
  • Testervade

Votes: 48 21.5%
  • Kelly

Votes: 63 28.3%
  • Erickson

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Berlin

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Jacory(Jedd Fisch version)

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Kayya

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Kosar

Votes: 16 7.2%

• Total voters
I voted for Jim Kelly...

But I would love to see both Jacory Harris & Stephen Morris play in Lashlee’s offense.
I’m a no-go ok japicky, but Morris could’ve been a superstar in this offense and under Lashlee’s tutelage. Covington could have also been a rock star in this O.

Advertisement
I’m a no-go ok japicky, but Morris could’ve been a superstar in this offense and under Lashlee’s tutelage. Covington could have also been a rock star in this O.
So could have Jacory.

Once he finally played under a halfway decent OC his Senior year he threw for 2,486yds 20TD’s & 9INT’s at 65% completion percentage & had some really good wins throughout his career.

He wouldn’t have been “Japicky” playing in an uptempo Spread offense, easier reads & quicker progression, plus Lashlee would’ve used his big arm to stretch the field with Travis Benjamin, Phillip Dorsett & LaRon Byrd.

So could have Jacory.

Once he finally played under a halfway decent OC his Senior year he threw for 2,486yds 20TD’s & 9INT’s at 65% completion percentage & had some really good wins throughout his career.

He wouldn’t have been “Japicky” playing in an uptempo Spread offense, easier reads & quicker progression, plus Lashlee would’ve used his big arm to stretch the field with Travis Benjamin, Phillip Dorsett & LaRon Byrd.
Good points.

Advertisement
I know he’s not on the list, but just imagine what Kirby Freeman could’ve done in this offense.

Advertisement
IMO you take vinny t, not because he may not have a bad game but because there’s no one who will cause Alabama the type of challenges he would when he’s on. We’re likely to lose, and our OL ain’t great, we need a qb with an arm, legs, height, playmaking ability, and he’s the man for those needs.

Walsh, and Kozar each had season opening wins vs #1's.
Actually each followed a win vs a #1 the previous season.
Not many QB's have back-to-back wins vs the top-ranked team in the country on their resume.

HOWEVER....

Kelly ran the "Run and Shoot" his first 2 years in the pros with the Houston Gamblers.
I have no clue if it is but it sounds like a good fit.

Normally Walsh all day given his resume.
Kelly gets the nod in this offense.

I voted for Kelly also. Just wanted to add that he also was in the K-Gun offense with the Bills. Which was way ahead of its time if you think about how they went up tempo no huddle for the entire game with Kelly calling plays at the LOS. Went to 4 Super Bowls in a row and should’ve won a couple running basically the same concept of offense. So it’s Kelly for me, with Walsh second.

He’s was the most decorated qb in cfb history, and he doesn’t make our list over brock berlin. You can’t explain that!
I can explain that easily. Have you ever met him. He’s a ******* Cane hating clown. I respect what he did here and “maybe” that arrogance is partly responsible for his success. It doesn’t excuse his attitude towards this program and the kids that play here today. Great memories and that’s where he belongs, in the rear view.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Where is Mira?

USING LASHLEE'S CURRENT OFFENSE? You need a QB who can run and has a good arm .

It's beyond disputeI...The only reason this isn't being treated as an question with only ONE ANSWER is that many Cane fans here weren't even born when the answer to this question was starring here at Miami.

It's MIRA hands down

I can explain that easily. Have you ever met him. He’s a ******* Cane hating clown. I respect what he did here and “maybe” that arrogance is partly responsible for his success. It doesn’t excuse his attitude towards this program and the kids that play here today. Great memories and that’s where he belongs, in the rear view.

can you expand on Gino being a cane hater?

Is the poll for Berlin the under center version or shotgun version?
The most misused QB in school history. The kid should have never, ever been under center. Way to go Chud. Werner made him better but still the wrong system. You figure the Florida game would have change everything.

Advertisement
Back