If you ever thought the hate wasn't real...

All they want is for you to click on it, discuss it, post about it, and say their name.

Good work, fellas. Way to feed the beast.

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Advertisement
A few problems in this thread:

1. Since the NFL allowed underclassmen to declare for the draft few players have multiple great seasons. Who was the last 3X All-American, let alone 4X? This makes it difficult to compare careers in different eras. Today a kid plays as a true FR, starts some as a SO, balls out as a JR, and bolts for the league. Maybe you get a dominant SO season.

Barry Sanders had one great season, the greatest single season ever for a RB, but no one is going to argue he's not one of the GOATs. Think he'd have multiple great seasons had AA Thurman Thomas been allowed to declare early? Or if Sanders had to return for his SR season? Prior to Barry, Marcus Allen had the all-time season his SR year, with a stellar JR season. He also played behind Heisman Trophy winner Charles White as FR and SO.

The obvious point is even the greats often have to wait their turn, especially at some positions, and especially on the better teams.

2. The CFB game has changed such that average QBs and WRs production exceeds top CFB players in the early 80s, or 70s, or earlier. A QB throwing for 3,500 yards and 30 TDs in today's pass-oriented offenses is considered 'productive' today but would have been AA/Heisman material in the 70s, early 80s.

We didn't beat "His" ***....he had 22 Tackles and literally snuffed our run game by himself.
Great game.

And I'm one who thinks The Boz would have fit right in wearing a Canes jersey. The media would have ate up his antics even more. He easily would have been the most hated player in CFB. And one of the most beloved Canes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are you talking about college and the pro's?

College, hes borderline top 5 here alone.

He sure as **** isn't on Irvin or Tana.
100% agree....as a Frosh, he dropped everything at GreenTree...Andre Brown was ahead of him on the depth chart. But come his Jr yr.....Sheesh...

This to me isn’t a reason to exclude someone from a top list. Forbes doesn’t rank their billionaires based on who has been a billionaire the longest.
But it's implied. The same difference would be:
  • Who had made the most money in a year versus,
  • Who is the wealthiest (who made the most money over a lifetime).

Advertisement

Newton, Manziel, nor Burrow belong on this list. Being completely objective just based upon guys who dominated over several seasons, & not one hit wonders: Reed, Sapp, Dan Morgan definitely need to be on this list. We’re talking about uber decorated players, who literally dominated the game. I’m hella replacing Timmy Tebow with either Vince Young or Matt Leinhart, & since they seem to be using the Heisman as the criteria, I’m taking Leinhart or Reggie Bush any day of the week over Tebow.

Advertisement
100% agree....as a Frosh, he dropped everything at GreenTree...Andre Brown was ahead of him on the depth chart. But come his Jr yr.....Sheesh...

Remember how he got his eyes examined and vision corrected between Soph and Junior year or was it pre draft? I forget as it's been awhile, but it was one of those duh moments that you wonder how nobody caught it before. He then went off. Very questionable hands until that point and they got a lot better in the NFL. That MSU receiver caught everything and that's why he won the WR award that year.

What he did filling in for a suspended Mira vs OU was even more impressive...
Can't argue with that, remember the lead up to the game thinking we were in trouble, and **** Bernard was a **** maniac another of my favorite Canes along with Bennie and Medaris. **** them were fun times to be a Cane fan, I really feel sorry for anyone who didn't get to witness the pure destruction that was Canes football!

Advertisement
Back