If we win this game

Advertisement
Advertisement
Need the OL to have another steller week and then I will be sold on the future...

I'm not ready to use terminology like "sold" but if I have to rethink the notion that Butch Barry needs to be fired post a bowl game then I'll definitely be a little less pessimistic. I mean the D would obviously have to continue performing at an above average rate as well.

Advertisement
As cliche as it is, one day at a time. We win on Saturday in convincing manner, we should expect to take down FIU (I’m sad that this is not a given already). We then better get it up for Duke since they will be gunning for us. Let the rest of the season play out from there.

Advertisement
This would only be true if we blow them out and play well for 60 mins.
Then do it again, and again. Good teams don't have letdown games 75% of the time, even in their wins. We've played 9 games and had one nearly complete game. I'm really happy it was against FSU, but it's a **** small sample size compared to the BS we've seen the rest of the season. Until we prove otherwise, the FSU game is an anomaly.

Now, let's hope we go out there and make the FSU game a starting point, not an anomaly.

Win this game, beat Duke on the road & win whatever Bowl game we get & Diaz will keep the heat off him for the offseason.

But he can't take a step back next year, the key to him making it past 3 years in his tenure is the team has to be better every year, that's the standard. You gotta win, not make excuses for losing, but just win.

Shannon & Al Folden couldn't string together 2 good seasons to save their lives, if Diaz doesn't wanna end up like them he's gonna have to make us into a consistent 10 win team on an annual basis.

Advertisement
Then do it again, and again. Good teams don't have letdown games 75% of the time, even in their wins. We've played 9 games and had one nearly complete game. I'm really happy it was against FSU, but it's a **** small sample size compared to the BS we've seen the rest of the season. Until we prove otherwise, the FSU game is an anomaly.

Now, let's hope we go out there and make the FSU game a starting point, not an anomaly.
Good teams have let down games all the time. Good teams dont have 3-4 let down games a season though.

I think we have turned the corner..... Should then be 5 in a row going into the bowl game....
Agree. This game is huge. It's the game we'd lose in the past. Gotta win to show a new direction and maturity.

Good teams have let down games all the time. Good teams dont have 3-4 let down games a season though.
Exactly. The FSU game might have been our only non letdown game of the year. Good teams don't have that many lifeless games. That being said, we have to take steps forward to be good, so here's hoping the FSU game was just that. Gotta start somewhere.

Advertisement
Back