If we whiff on OL by the early signing period...

citizenkane

Redshirt Freshman
my guess would be that Searles is shown the door shortly thereafter with the idea of bringing in a new OL coach between then and February signing period.

If he is not fired within days after early signing period then he's not going anywhere.

Searles should be given a chance to at least produce (although highly unlikely) some kind of OL class.

If we get ZERO OL commits by the early signing deadline then it will be very hard to justify Richt keeping him.

I can only imagine the pressure he would have to make a change.

Firing Searles is the easy part. Finding a replacement that is AVAILABLE at the right salary is harder.

Advertisement
Yeah, great plan designed to impress recruits. Suggest firing the guy in the midst of recruiting.

You should always be able to sell early playing time at Miami when you are terrible. This guy can't even do that.

Advertisement
well i don't want to fire him but if he can't bring in anyone by the early signing period with this current OL disaster then its time to cut bait

If CMR was going to replace Searles, I think he had to do it earlier. I don't see how you can fire a guy after early signing day and before NSD and expect to land ANYONE at that position. Plus, the point made above, how would you get anyone hired in that time period? I feel like the ship has sailed on firing Searles, unfortunately. Or, you do it after you get whatever cruits you can land.

Advertisement
my guess would be that Searles is shown the door shortly thereafter with the idea of bringing in a new OL coach between then and February signing period.

If he is not fired within days after early signing period then he's not going anywhere.

Searles should be given a chance to at least produce (although highly unlikely) some kind of OL class.

If we get ZERO OL commits by the early signing deadline then it will be very hard to justify Richt keeping him.

I can only imagine the pressure he would have to make a change.

Firing Searles is the easy part. Finding a replacement that is AVAILABLE at the right salary is harder.

EVEN MONEY says good ol' boy Stacy will still be lurking around once Spring practice officially commences.

If CMR was going to replace Searles, I think he had to do it earlier. I don't see how you can fire a guy after early signing day and before NSD and expect to land ANYONE at that position. Plus, the point made above, how would you get anyone hired in that time period? I feel like the ship has sailed on firing Searles, unfortunately. Or, you do it after you get whatever cruits you can land.
Didn’t kool leave after early signing but before nsd?

Advertisement
EVEN MONEY says good ol' boy Stacy will still be lurking around once Spring practice officially commences.

The entire staff that wants to continue lurking around will be here at least through 2019. Normally this would be a good thing, but. . . . . . . . .

I wouldn't mind Jess "Savage" Simpson coaching the OL, those boys needs some fire lit on their ****s.

Advertisement

We still have a bowl game to play. I'm holding out hope that Richt is waiting until after the game to make staff changes. Remember, when Richt came in, he had Al Golden's staff still out recruiting for him up until he announced that they weren't being retained.

"If we whiff on OL by the early signing period..."

That pesky autocorrect.

Headline should read...
"When we whiff on OL by the early signing period..."

Is Coach Cereals still in Ohio trying to convince someone else's DT Croot to play OL for him? You know what they say: on Ohio 3* DT Croot can be easily converted into a Miami 1* OL player under Coach Cereals.

Advertisement
Back