If we whiff on OL by the early signing period...

Advertisement
I don't remember the timing, I'm just pointing out that it wasn't planned on our part.
Understood. The question is whether his departure impacted the signing of any DL, and whether Recht wouid be waiting till after NSD to fire anybody.

I don’t think so btw

Understood. The question is whether his departure impacted the signing of any DL, and whether Recht wouid be waiting till after NSD to fire anybody.

I don’t think so btw

The O this year is a lot less attractive than the D last year, so I think it was easier to hold on to recruits then.

My feeling is that you wait until after NSD to do any firing for recruiting reasons. That may put you in hot water with some kids if you told them those coaches would still be here, but you know the drill. Nobody wants to hear you missed on a kid because you refused to omit the truth.

Then again, we don't really have any recruits to lose...might as well clean house right now.

Advertisement
The O this year is a lot less attractive than the D last year, so I think it was easier to hold on to recruits then.

My feeling is that you wait until after NSD to do any firing for recruiting reasons. That may put you in hot water with some kids if you told them those coaches would still be here, but you know the drill. Nobody wants to hear you missed on a kid because you refused to omit the truth.

Then again, we don't really have any recruits to lose...might as well clean house right now.
You’re prolly right. The best chance of getting some decent O is probably to revamp the staff now.

You are assuming that recruits are stupids. They know Richt and the whole offensive staff including OL are trash. Haven’t you wonder why we have no QB, no OL or no RB committed?

Not to say your wrong but if your wondering why we have no QB, No Ol and no RB committed, it's probably a combination of things. Let's take a look.

1. No QB committed - Our offense was terrible so that's part of it. But also we have Perry and Williams who despite what they have done before come in with a lot of fanfare. Some guys don't like competition and to be frank, I actually think Perry showed some real progress in some games last year. He also had his set backs but he showed guts and a willingness to put his body on the line to win games. It will be tough for any high touted true freshman QB to come in and take the reins away from Perry or Williams. I think the staff will get a transfer when it's all said and done for depth purposes and I'm actually okay with that. My faith is in Perry or Williams. *Not saying that the staff could not have done a better job because they could have and we all know this.

2. No OL committed - On this front, we got killed because our OL did look like garbage. Our staff dropped the ball on this front pure and simple. However, we did have two guys who the staff thought were absolute canes and unfortunately they were wrong. Mistakes happen and I'm optimistic that the staff will find some transfers/3 star guys that they can develop to fill out the class this year. Let's see how it goes.

3. No RB committed - This one I don't fault the staff on one bit. It's the depth we have at RB that scares people off. Kids look at Lingard and see that he did not get any carries this year and that scares people off. We have both Davis and Lingard who will be around for awhile, Dallas who is still young and Homer who we don't know what he will do. Now should we be able to grab a RB every cycle no matter what are depth is like Alabama and Georgia do? Yes but if we are honest we are not them. We had a bad year in 2018 and it's affected recruiting. That being said, I'm okay either taking a "project" RB with good upside and I think that is what we will probably get. MAR while I wish he would come probably won't because again our 2018 record stunk. We will be okay though at this position.

I agree with everything you said but to say we really don't have any recruits to lose is a bit strong. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes. While I guess it's not all roses and sunshine I have to believe that the staff has a few aces up their sleeves. Guess we will see but I do agree with you that we should wait until after NSD to do any firings for recruiting reasons.

I agree with everything you said but to say we really don't have any recruits to lose is a bit strong. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes. While I guess it's not all roses and sunshine I have to believe that the staff has a few aces up their sleeves. Guess we will see but I do agree with you that we should wait until after NSD to do any firings for recruiting reasons.

Hope you're right.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back