If we thought SOFla was getting fleeced......

Advertisement
I don't think the UC system is going to invest 6M+ in a Top 10 head football coach. They're too academic focused. USC should be cleaning up in that conference. Kelly has no excuses.

They won’t, that’s why “Athletic foundation” have been paying the HC salaries at UCLA for years. Basketball and Football.

A lot of rich Bruin boosters in LA lead by Casey Wagerman.

I can't see USC being able to hire Urban in the current political climate. The media out there will go crazy.

Lol USC doesn’t give a fvck. They have negative story after negative story and that doesn’t change **** there.

They finally forced out their last school president after decades but gave him a ridiculous golden parachute.

Their last two ADs (Mike Garrett and Pat Haden) got taken care as well.

If three out of the 30 are 5 stars then yeah that is kind of a big deal.

Also we’re both wrong. They have 5 already and are favored for 5 more.

Not trying to argue UGA football. But they’re doing fine. Idk how they are even a part of the UCLA USC convo.
In 2019 they didn’t get many of Georgia’s top 30 players. At the most they got 4 or 5. They will do a little better this year but still a significant amount of Georgia recruits ain’t ending up at uga

Well he did get the number 4 classes in both 2017 and 2018, but when you go 5-7 and your record is sliding backwards in year 3 it's kinda hard to get people excited to go to your school.

Agreed. Just amazing still he was able to secure those top 5 classes, unless there are bags involved. But I’m of the mindset that unless Helton does a 180, his days at USCw are done.

Advertisement
USC used to be some of the biggest bag droppers back in the Pete Carroll era, **** they were still dropping bags under Lane Kiffn & Sarkisian, their problem now is that Clay Helton completely sh*t the bed after Sam Darnold went to the NFL.

They still drop bags, they just get outbid & when you have a bad 5-7 season you don't have much to stand on if every other program recruiting your area kids are negative recruiting against the fact your HC is on his way out despite having back to back 10/11 win seasons in 2016 & 2017.

Their problems are somewhat similar to ours, since Pete Carroll they can't find the right coach & every 3-4 years they fire someone & get a new guy, then the new guy is on the hot seat from day 1 & can't deliver, so they repeat the same process over again. They've had more success over that time than we've had, but they run through coaches at a high clip too & no continuity ever gets built.

Agreed which is telling given Helton’s Ability to do well two seasons prior. I’m sure when they drop their first game in 2019 that the banners will be out in force for Urban Meyer. Anyone know if the new President there has any ties to Meyer? Or is he like Donna, more consumed by the academic side and not keeping tabs on the authentic side?

I maybe wrong here, but personality-wise, I don’t see scummy Urban as an LA type of guy. He’s more of a small town or midwest type guy.

I mean, I don’t think he meshes in a metropolitan environment. Mainly because I think he has a provincial type of personality, but also because he can’t push people around, for example reporters, like he can and has done in the small town or college town atmosphere.

if he had the scandals that he had at UF and OSU in a big media market, he'd be destroyed. LA media would crush him unlike Columbus

In 2019 they didn’t get many of Georgia’s top 30 players. At the most they got 4 or 5. They will do a little better this year but still a significant amount of Georgia recruits ain’t ending up at uga
They got 5 including the number one overall player in the nation who is from UGA. Plus the had the number 2 class so it doesn’t matter.

Advertisement
If USC loses they will not care about he media. Urban will go there and clean up in recruiting. But I think it would take 3 years to get them playoff level. He is not taking over for Tressel and staff who did very well in the Midwest to help the transition. Tressel also left them some QB's for OSU. I honestly do not know what USC has in the QB room.

If Urban had a true national brand like ND he may never lose on a recruit. I want nothing to do with that lol

I'm gonna get downvoted for saying this, but if it takes Urban Meyer going to Notre Dame to end the dominance of Alabama, then I'm all for it. I'm sick and god**** tired of the SEC.

I would love for Miami to be the ones to take down the SEC, but at this point I'd take it if it's gotta be USC or Notre Dame or anyone else.

I'm not close to being old enough to care about Miami's so-called "rivalry" with Notre Dame. That's for you old folks to worry about.

I can't see USC being able to hire Urban in the current political climate. The media out there will go crazy.

We are talking about a white college football coach who is the darling of the Media. USC will be ok.

Advertisement
honestly i would love to see urban at usc. he would do wonders with that 2018 class and even 2019. i would love for schools similar to us doing well such as usc or notre dame the other florida schools **** the sec schoools r so ******* boring

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back