If we thought SOFla was getting fleeced......

See SC in the 90’s.

While SC was down, UCLA, U-Dub, Colorado, and AZ St all took advantage. USC hires Pete, and Pete put a stop to that.

If SC ever hires Meyers (which I would be extremely jealous of, no shade to Manny), it will be another Carroll situation, yet worst b/c not only is Meyers more unscrupulous, but he’s got a major pedigree of winning chips, conferences, and getting his players paid on & off the field.

Advertisement
Bama doesn't have a qb committed, and I heard they are recruiting him hard.

yes. Lot of smoke around this. Seems like a lot going on behind the scenes. Bama feels pretty confident they are flipping Young, just a matter of when. Just yesterday one of their 247 guys who tends to be pretty tuned in said he is contemplating putting in a flip cb......

See SC in the 90’s.

While SC was down, UCLA, U-Dub, Colorado, and AZ St all took advantage. USC hires Pete, and Pete put a stop to that.

If SC ever hires Meyers (which I would be extremely jealous of, no shade to Manny), it will be another Carroll situation, yet worst b/c not only is Meyers more unscrupulous, but he’s got a major pedigree of winning chips, conferences, and getting his players paid on & off the field.

I’ll tell you this, there aren’t many other schools in the country that can turn into monsters the way USC can with the right coach. I feel the same way about the U. If Urban goes to USC, the entire country should **** their pants. That’s one program that has the ability to upend the status quo in a hurry and always has been

USC, provides they sign a normal size class, will be top 15/20. UCLA is a dumpster fire recruiting and Chips system is no longer new as a ton of teams run that.

I think Urban Meyer ends up at USC and everyone else in the pac 12 might as well give up. He would dominate there with little competition.

Only competition would be UW with Peterson over there.

Advertisement
I’ll tell you this, there aren’t many other schools in the country that can turn into monsters the way USC can with the right coach. I feel the same way about the U. If Urban goes to USC, the entire country should **** their pants. That’s one program that has the ability to upend the status quo in a hurry and always has been
Agreed. That school will get every top player from Cali. They sucked and still ended up with Steele and McCoy. Albeit is a very unconventional way

Clay Helton is a sh*t recruiter & pretty much everyone knows he's on the chopping block.

The top kids in Cali aren't staying home like they used to, they basically go everywhere & unless USC is dominant or dropping major bags, they're not going to be bringing in big time recruiting classes until they get a legit HC.

Chip Kelly was never a great recruiter, in fact he hates recruiting. He had his success at Oregon by loading up on underrated kids from Cali, Hawaii, Utah & even plucked a few from Texas. What Chip will find out the hard way is that UCLA can't compete in the recruiting wars unless they have a high energy aggressive type HC on the trail, Jim Mora was the best HC they've had since the Bob Toledo era in the late 90's - early 00's.

Chip also has a terrible rep that will be used against him on the trail, a lot of players that have played for him absolutely hate his guts, his personality runs sour after awhile if you're not winning. He's a big time egomaniac & a lot of players just plain don't like the guy, he's basically the Football version of George Karl.

Chris Petersen, Mario Cristobal & David Shaw will be the top dogs in recruiting for the Pac-12 for the foreseeable future, but a lot of that shiny new toy intrigue will wear off on Cristobal once he starts annually putting up 8-4 seasons.

The wild cards in the Pac-12 are Arizona & AZ St, AZ St in particular because they got a staff with some good recruiters in Antonio Pierce & Tony White, plus they brought on Shaun Aguano who was a great HS HC & built Chandler into a powerhouse.

Utah is also another sleeper program in the Pac-12, Whittingham has done a good job there & they've actually low key built a small pipeline into getting some South Fla kids out there that are flourishing in their system because they do a good job developing players. They'll never recruit at a high level, but they'll get the most out the ones they do get & can play with & beat just about anybody in that conference except Washington.

Advertisement
This means absolutely nothing at this point in time. Trust and believe both teams will at least be top 30 after signing day.

Helton might get the axe that always puts a damper on recruiting . now days everyone out west recruits the I-5
corridor LA to SD.all Pac 12 + Big 12 SEC + some selected national offers U,FSU OSU,OU
when SC is dominant it dominate the talent in So.Cal.
USC has had poor senior mgmt for a number of years, just like we did with Donna, Paul Dee and a group of incompetent HC's
is there enough $$$$ for Urban ? if not take a look at Butch.... look at what he has done with that dumpster fire.
Kelly is Kelly will always think and recruit outside of the box

Clay Helton is a sh*t recruiter & pretty much everyone knows he's on the chopping block.

The top kids in Cali aren't staying home like they used to, they basically go everywhere & unless USC is dominant or dropping major bags, they're not going to be bringing in big time recruiting classes until they get a legit HC.

Chip Kelly was never a great recruiter, in fact he hates recruiting. He had his success at Oregon by loading up on underrated kids from Cali, Hawaii, Utah & even plucked a few from Texas. What Chip will find out the hard way is that UCLA can't compete in the recruiting wars unless they have a high energy aggressive type HC on the trail, Jim Mora was the best HC they've had since the Bob Toledo era in the late 90's - early 00's.

Chip also has a terrible rep that will be used against him on the trail, a lot of players that have played for him absolutely hate his guts, his personality runs sour after awhile if you're not winning. He's a big time egomaniac & a lot of players just plain don't like the guy, he's basically the Football version of George Karl.

Chris Petersen, Mario Cristobal & David Shaw will be the top dogs in recruiting for the Pac-12 for the foreseeable future, but a lot of that shiny new toy intrigue will wear off on Cristobal once he starts annually putting up 8-4 seasons.

The wild cards in the Pac-12 are Arizona & AZ St, AZ St in particular because they got a staff with some good recruiters in Antonio Pierce & Tony White, plus they brought on Shaun Aguano who was a great HS HC & built Chandler into a powerhouse.

Utah is also another sleeper program in the Pac-12, Whittingham has done a good job there & they've actually low key built a small pipeline into getting some South Fla kids out there that are flourishing in their system because they do a good job developing players. They'll never recruit at a high level, but they'll get the most out the ones they do get & can play with & beat just about anybody in that conference except Washington.
I actually think mario will do well at oregon.

Advertisement
Look at USCs roster tho..they gonna win 9+ games..UCLA should Also be better in year two of chip

I don't think the UC system is going to invest 6M+ in a Top 10 head football coach. They're too academic focused. USC should be cleaning up in that conference. Kelly has no excuses.

Advertisement
I would bet Chip Kelly has a much better year and eventually will compete for the Pac 12. The true freshman QB is now a sophomore and they return like 19 starters.

Flowe will wind up at USC. The OC they have is Riley Jr so that offense will be a beast. I think they make in to the PAC12CG. Even if they have a bad year and Helton gets fired they're going to make a splash hire (probably urban) and whoever the coach is will sell dreams to Flowe.

kelly hates recruiting

3 out of 30 or 4 out of 30 is not a chunk. Most of the top talent is going out of state in Georgia too. They just happen to be recruiting at a high level out of state
If three out of the 30 are 5 stars then yeah that is kind of a big deal.

Also we’re both wrong. They have 5 already and are favored for 5 more.

Not trying to argue UGA football. But they’re doing fine. Idk how they are even a part of the UCLA USC convo.

Advertisement
Back