If we get Gus, do we feel better about losing Collins???

5Ringz

Thunderdome
Real talk

It would make me feel a bit better because....

A. Collins left the state. Its not like he chose FSU over us. He obviously did his high school coach a solid and would've picked Wisconsin had Bielema stayed there anyway. He was going wherever his high school corch told him to go.

B. Gus is a Mike James type of back and we have NONE left on our roster. We have Duke, Clemets, and Crawford........all scat type backs.Oh yeah and Danny Dillard the most mysterious man in the world..

C. FSU wants Gus bad. Coley catches boners to Gus.Taking one from the bad guys would make me feel a bit better

Last edited:
Advertisement
Depends... only performance, how he's used and who we get next year will determine this.

Advertisement
Aside from the level of player, the loss of Collins and Thomas - to me - has more to do with essentially the two best players in south Florida leaving to play ball somewhere else. The program got a bit of egg on its face. You recover from that next recruiting class and hauling in the local talent. Who knows, it could be that 3 years from now Edwards ends up having a stellar football career and clings does not. But the sting of local blue-chips leaving is hard.

Advertisement
Yes, he is good. Hope he doesn't read some of these idiots posting on here talking about him like he is a scrub, pushing him away. Hope he picks us, we needed him even if we got Collins IMHO.

Yes I said it a few days ago and say it again, Edwards is the better of the two. Collins was believing all the negative recruiting about the U and so he goes to
Arkansas where he will red shirt most likely, he is not an every down back and I have problems with his durability.

STOP.

Advertisement
Watching both players highlights I think Edward is the better compliment to Duke. That doesnt mean he is the better back. I feel he fits better then Collins does. Either way I would be happy with Edwards

Advertisement
Watching both players highlights I think Edward is the better compliment to Duke. That doesnt mean he is the better back. I feel he fits better then Collins does. Either way I would be happy with Edwards

They are 2 different RB's yes

Yes I said it a few days ago and say it again, Edwards is the better of the two. Collins was believing all the negative recruiting about the U and so he goes to
Arkansas where he will red shirt most likely, he is not an every down back and I have problems with his durability.

Someone I trust very much has the exact same take as you. It's not my take, but you're not alone.

Advertisement
Back