If we DO NOT land AC

So Golden is a boss, a CEO, a relentless recruiter, has a supreme eye for under the radar talent, a master motivator etc.

But Dillard, a true freshman picked by this staff has no chance of ever making an impact?

LULZ.

Advertisement
So Golden is a boss, a CEO, a relentless recruiter, has a supreme eye for under the radar talent, a master motivator etc.

But Dillard, a true freshman picked by this staff has no chance of ever making an impact?

LULZ.

I remember someone on here saying Lockhart was a bust. I am not surprised.

not saying Dillard won't contribute here but he has the one of the least impressive tapes I've seen. He's a big body that doesn't run like it. Practice reports haven't exactly been encouraging either

not saying Dillard won't contribute here but he has the one of the least impressive tapes I've seen. He's a big body that doesn't run like it. Practice reports haven't exactly been encouraging either

Valid, of course. However look at guys like Ben Jones, DJ, Wheeler etc. Afterthoughts that have become contributors after some time with Golden.

Not everyone will hit the ground running, and **** Dillard might be gone sooner than later, just don't see why a kid we haven't seen yet is written off.

Advertisement

Valid, of course. However look at guys like Ben Jones, DJ, Wheeler etc. Afterthoughts that have become contributors after some time with Golden.

Not everyone will hit the ground running, and **** Dillard might be gone sooner than later, just don't see why a kid we haven't seen yet is written off.

I think we as fans see his measurables and assume he's something that he's not. Its hard to make someone a power runner if they aren't. Same kind of deal with Woodley this year. Big body RB with a small RB game

I think we as fans see his measurables and assume he's something that he's not. Its hard to make someone a power runner if they aren't. Same kind of deal with Woodley this year. Big body RB with a small RB game

That was definitely the case with Mike James. He was 220 pounds, but never hit the hole hard. He had some solid skills and once he was in the open field he broke some tackles, but generally he does not run like a big back. I actually think Dillard is more big back than Mike James. He has solid burst and hits the hole pretty hard in his highlight tape (in contrast to Mike James who always seems to have to break down before hitting a hole).

Granted I see what you're saying, in that Dillard is not a power runner to the extent that James Wilder Jr. is, but I think he can be serviceable in that role (I don't think he has a small RB game to the extent you're saying)

LMFAO

Collins is going to pass Dillard on this depth chart instantly.

The **** you read online.

Advertisement

That was definitely the case with Mike James. He was 220 pounds, but never hit the hole hard. He had some solid skills and once he was in the open field he broke some tackles, but generally he does not run like a big back. I actually think Dillard is more big back than Mike James. He has solid burst and hits the hole pretty hard in his highlight tape (in contrast to Mike James who always seems to have to break down before hitting a hole).

Granted I see what you're saying, in that Dillard is not a power runner to the extent that James Wilder Jr. is, but I think he can be serviceable in that role (I don't think he has a small RB game to the extent you're saying)

I've watched his tape a couple of times and nothing about it jumps out. He has decent long speed but I didn't really see much burst. I saw a big body go down on first contact often

Advertisement
Went back and watched his tape. Someone here said "I see a big guy falling on first contact" ??! What? In the first few clips he is breaking tackles. He is also listed at 4.4. That may have been a little generous, but even if so, at 4.5 and having red-shirted this kid can really be - as I stated earlier - a solid 10-15 pounding carries. No reason to believe other wise.

Seems like a big kid who makes one cut and goes. Arian Foster running style. Reports were that he was a pudgy ****** but he's had ample time to live in the weight room, in addition to just maturing physically. I think there was a rumor about him avoiding contact, which would be awful for a big back, but we'll see. He might surprise some people.

if we don't land AC, it's all OP's fault

:ibisroflmao:

Some good points on here, and I am sure some of your opinions are coming from a much more seasonsed eye. My intention was to look at the positive should AC not happen, and perhaps should've posted it in the EITS forum. Many people on here have completely written off the other 3 RBs on scholly, including a senior who's never really gotten more than 5 snaps a game to prove himself, and a big back whose progress the staff felt good about. I'll take their evaluations over the one's here any day. Between those three they should be more than capable to give us a good YPC for the other 15 or so snaps.

Should Collins come to his senses, he clearly would be RB2 the second he stepped foot on campus. If he does not, we'll still be fine.

Advertisement

Completely off topic and a complete thread jack.

But.... I can't remember if Ben Jones was going to apply for a medical RS or if he decided to go pro? Anyone know? He gave us some very nice minutes last season before his injury.

Heg- I don't anyone would disagree that AC is special and will likely pass Dillard quickly. That being said, we've seen dudes over the years with a similar skill set as Dillard get quality burn at Miami.

At the very least, count me in as happy that we have a bruiser somewhere in the rotation.

Advertisement
Back