If we DO NOT land AC

I'm starting to feel a little bit better regarding our backfield for next year. I just rewatched Dillard's senior tape, and while not earth shattering, he shows some good speed and tough running albeit against some questionable comp. But you can see what the staff liked about him and his offer list also was not too shabby.

I know nothing can replace Collins back there next year, but Dillard is now listed at 225, and if he can still move that 225 like he was moving the 205 on his reel, then I think he will be more than servicable next year. Especially considering how high the staff was on him late in the season. But here's to hoping AC makes the right call and gets most of his carries.

Advertisement
We're landing Collins and feeling better about a guy who didn't play one snap is absurd.

I think Collins is a Cane and I haven't given up on Dilliard yet either, but Dallas Crawford is the guy that will get the burn if somehow we don't get Collins.

How is it absurd? Has anyone actually seen him run last year? The kid was a TF last year! What's absurd is writing a kid off before you've ever seen him play in a Canes kit.

Advertisement
dillard needs to be a mel bratton type.... couple of carries, good pass protection, lots of catches out of back field... we need to throw to the backs more....

Dillard is not a RB at Miami IMO. he may get some situational carries but he will not be an every down back

Advertisement
Dillard maybe getting groomed for fullback just a thought hes 6'1 225 would love for him to be a Najah Davenport type

Advertisement
Agree, to discount a kid before he plays is ridiculous. Truth is RIGHT NOW Dillard is our only option at a big back when we need the tough runs. 6'1, 225 is the size Bama's backs were at the same weight. Unless the guy is awful, there is no reason to believe he any give us 10-15 solid pounding carries.

Advertisement
We're landing Collins and feeling better about a guy who didn't play one snap is absurd.

I don't think it is absurd at all. This board has gotten worse and worse with the group think. One person points out a negative in someone's game. Then the next person doesn't know how to observe for themselves so they just take that and characterize the player by that negative. Then every other poster with no confidence in their own eyes follows suit and soon, Dillard is worthless according to CIS without ever having taken a snap.

So, what happened was, the OP likely got caught up in this group think of the board. "You're not cool unless you think it". But, he actually was curious so he re-watched Dillard's highlight tape and probably did some research on him and what coaches thought of him, and came to his own conclusions that this guy may actually have some things to offer to the program. Good post by OP, and please continue to bring your own thought, too many people on this board have gotten caught up in group think.

Agree, to discount a kid before he plays is ridiculous. Truth is RIGHT NOW Dillard is our only option at a big back when we need the tough runs. 6'1, 225 is the size Bama's backs were at the same weight. Unless the guy is awful, there is no reason to believe he any give us 10-15 solid pounding carries.

I am basing my opinion on his HS film (and offer list). i could be wrong of course but he does not show the type of lateral quickness and burst to be a legit RB at Miami. hope I'm wrong

Advertisement
Back