If today were NSD

ghost2

Retired staff
Premium
And our current class was our final class, would you be pleased?

I would.

Advertisement
574.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well.................that really depends on where our other targeted kids sign. For example, if Cook signs with Texas, that would come out of left field and most of us would deal with that better than him going to FSU. However, if a kid like Cerenord gets an offer and signs with an SEC school like USCe or Tennessee, he would be considered a huge miss..........even though many aren't that high on him right now..

Main reason I ask is because we currently have 29 committed, which I believe to be the exact number of recruits that can enroll... So it begs the question - if we oversign, who in the current list gets nudged out? Who do we replace without causing a Kirkland-esque backlash?

If we land Cook, is everyone okay with telling Powell (or anyone else) to kick rocks? Sure we want both, so then who gets the shaft?

I realize the numbers always work out in the end, but in this instance I believe the decisions on who gets "left behind" are tougher, simply because the caliber of athletes that are both committed and available is much higher, IMO. A nice problem, for sure, but something I'd wager the coaches are thinking heavily about in the weeks before NSD.

Advertisement
FWIW I believe Jackson competes this class and we lose one of our current commits. I'd be down with that.

I also think the new names we're hearing are academic contingencies, if you get my drift.

Yes, Very pleased with the DL and OL haul this year...where I believe it all starts. Golden has addressed every position.

Advertisement
We need to sign a good JUCO DT who can contribute right away, another good LB prospect, and either Michel or Cook. All I ask. Don't care about anybody else.

Advertisement
Back