If today were NSD

Best class on paper since 2008. So, yes. With that said, adding Jackson is huge. Adding Cook would put it over the top.

Half of it is getting those two in orange and green. The other half is keeping them from you know who.

Advertisement
Griffin, Gray, and Lockley are the ones who might not get in with the addition of Bethel. So, there are 4 right there that might not get in. Lets say half of them don't get in, that drops us to 27. Add Jackson, 28. Njoku as a backup to Dixon, we're back at 29.

Cook, Lane and Rudolph ain't comin.

Attrition will happen.

Transfers are coming.

Al and the staff will work it out

No complaints from me. Although a couple of cherries on top to close would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
VERY pleased as it is now.

Add JC, Cook + maybe Lane and another DT and I'll do backflips while fapping.

Get some.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Still hoping to land the right JUCO LB to solidify this class. Outside of that I have no complaints!

However, adding a bigger durable RB wouldn't hurt either.

With Duke, Crawford, Joseph, we have enough scat/speed backs (Cook also falls in this category)... My vote is to go after another bruiser to team up with and/or push Gus the Bus.

Last edited:
Main reason I ask is because we currently have 29 committed, which I believe to be the exact number of recruits that can enroll... So it begs the question - if we oversign, who in the current list gets nudged out? Who do we replace without causing a Kirkland-esque backlash?

If we land Cook, is everyone okay with telling Powell (or anyone else) to kick rocks? Sure we want both, so then who gets the shaft?

I realize the numbers always work out in the end, but in this instance I believe the decisions on who gets "left behind" are tougher, simply because the caliber of athletes that are both committed and available is much higher, IMO. A nice problem, for sure, but something I'd wager the coaches are thinking heavily about in the weeks before NSD.

The numbers come up every year, and they almost always work out. It is exceedingly rare that we need to grayshirt someone.

If numbers were really an issue the "coaches are thinking heavily about" then they would not have offered the DT out of American Heritage this week.

and to answer your original question, I would be pleased with the class. But there would be some nagging disappointment for missing out on Cook and Jackson.

And i know it's long over for Rudolph, but we are going to lament not pulling him for the next three years.

Last edited:
Yes. This class is loaded right now. The DL and OL are 2nd to nobody. Sprinkle in a top QB, LB's and some really good DB help. I love this class. Could still get even better.

Advertisement
Best class on paper since 2008. So, yes. With that said, adding Jackson is huge. Adding Cook would put it over the top.

Half of it is getting those two in orange and green. The other half is keeping them from you know who.

please don't mention 2008.........

I WOULD BE OUTRAGED WE ARE NOT KEEPING MORE S FL TALENT HOME AND COULD NOT HAVE THE NUMBER 1 FREAKING CLASS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

/sarcasm over.

Advertisement
Back