If this Manny Experiment doesn’t

cocanes

Dolemite isn’t my name
work get Gus Malzhan or Hugh Freeze. Can’t be wrong either way. I do appreciate manny betting on himself. I think the guy he wanted for DC got another job (see Charlie Strong and Kevin Steele) and he decided to bet on his play calling skills and send a message to the faithful that it is make or break for him.

Advertisement
work get Gus Malzhan or Hugh Freeze. Can’t be wrong either way. I do appreciate manny betting on himself. I think the guy he wanted for DC got another job (see Charlie Strong and Kevin Steele) and he decided to bet on his play calling skills and send a message to the faithful that it is make or break for him.
Lol at the University of Miami ever hiring Hugh Freeze.

If Manny fails, we are back to playing the coaching lottery. Almost always a losing ticket. It’s why I don’t get rooting against Manny.

You want Gus? People complain about Manny’s D taking a 1-2 year nosedive as HC. Have you seen the Gus offense? It’s been broken and deteriorating for years. You want him as HC? Buy a lottery ticket.

Advertisement

This is another of the same threads that have already been started

Cause hiring a Coordinator after the previous coach was fired/retired works so well.........Oh and lets hire another coach with no experience but thats been the norm the last few years.......Miami-----the place where you learn on the job cause its a 2nd/3rd tier program Miami hires position coaches that have never coached in college...come to Miami.......need a drink....great...we hire bartenders.

Advertisement
He’s not getting fired, so no need to continue to start another thread on this.

The only guy that got ZERO leeway was Randy Shannon. BJ would look like a complete imbecile if he didn’t have a real coaching search, paid $4m to get the guy to come here & then fire him after 3 yrs?? That means he wasted a golden opportunity Richt gave him, he failed at his job, and he would be on the hottest AD seat in America.

That’s not happening, imo. He’s getting at least 4 yrs

Hard pass on Malzahn

When is Stevenson committing to the good guys? This is getting old. We need something to celebrate and chat about, not rehashing the same topics over and over. That should take us to the decision by the NCAA on ICs.

Advertisement
He’s not getting fired, so no need to continue to start another thread on this.

The only guy that got ZERO leeway was Randy Shannon. BJ would look like a complete imbecile if he didn’t have a real coaching search, paid $4m to get the guy to come here & then fire him after 3 yrs?? That means he wasted a golden opportunity Richt gave him, he failed at his job, and he would be on the hottest AD seat in America.

That’s not happening, imo. He’s getting at least 4 yrs
How many seasons did zero leeway Shannon coach at Miami?

I wasn't a fan of instantly hiring Manny Diaz without doing a coaching search last time however, I think if Manny does get fired, the first person on the interview list has to be Rhett Lashlee, I don't think he should be in instant hire YET, he needs to show what he can do this year in terms of expanding the playbook, but when I think of a head coach, I think of Rhett Lashlee, he has the discipline that I believe Manny Diaz lacks.

You bump Likens to OC/WR coach. Lashlee calls plays and coaches QBs, holds onto TRob and DVD on defense MINIMUM, with Simpson hopefully staying as well if the DC hired is okay with keeping the position coaches

Fire Baker and potentially Patke
Think Rhett can and will be a good HC, but I doubt the powers that be (and Blake won't be one of those powers) shortchange a search by elevating someone from an outgoing staff.

Advertisement
Guz Malzahn **** no..... Freeze has too much baggage and if you thought it was trouble living in Oxford chasing tail wait till he see what awaits him down here.

Matt Campbell is who Id like to see. Got the HC experience already in a P5 conference and shown steady improvement every year

Advertisement
Back