If there is no season this year will it help or hurt the canes ?

1594440273986.gif

Advertisement
We’re fn playing this year. How in ****, can 16 year olds bag groceries at your local Publix, interacting with hundreds, if not thousands of people in an enclosed space, yet it’s TOO DANGEROUS, for 18 or 20 year old athletes playing in an open field. This society needs to get a grip.

When did you turn into such a Manny basher? Last season was abysmal but it was 1 season and the offense was historically bad and kicking was downright pathetic. I know it’s popular on here but I never pegged you for a mope. But judging by some of your recent comments, it looks like that’s where you’re at nowadays. He can’t be too much of an idiot if he brought in Lashlee and King, who it’s going to kill you if you don’t get to see them in action..

As far as OP, I say hurt more than could potentially help. If no season then theoretically, it should be easier to keep our class in tact but I’m expecting a big season for the Canes and that would benefit us much more ultimately and we will still keep our class intact plus add to it in a big way.

I appreciate the sentiment.

Nobody wishes more than I did he succeed. Believe me.

But walking out of Marlins stadium, the anger erupted and became worse over the next 2 games. So you followup that abomination with Duke and that abysmal bowl game, and I completely lost faith in him. There’s a litany of reasons why I don’t think he’s the guy, i’m not going to get into here, but like always, I support the team 100%.

I’m going push back on this whole thing of me being a mope. I hardly ever talk about it, I stay away from the Manny bashing. But sometimes something pops up, and I take a shot at him .

I’m not like the real mopes that are constantly bringing out all the negative stuff, and yes he’s done great in the off-seasons, but he’s got to do something to prove he can actually coach a football team to their potential. He has not done that yet. That’s objective.

I would happily admit being wrong. In fact I want to be wrong. And maybe he turns into some really good coach. But I can’t be dishonest about the way I feel, and there are some very specific things about him that make me doubt his coaching abilities and his coaching future, but again I could be wrong about those things. Let’s hope I am.

Advertisement
Losing three first rounders and never seeing King play for Miami wouldn’t help the program.
Manny needs King the way Ed O needed Burrow. One great QB can define a coaches career and get recruiting going enough to carry him. Jimbo would have never got his big payday without winston

uh 3 first rounders? rofl bro i hope you paid a lot of money for those drugs. i can't even name 3 3rd rounders.

Players would get an extended year to play. There is no way the NCAA would be able to forfeit their eligibility next year.

yeah but any of the draft eligible guys who are projected to go in the first 3 rounds would all be gone regardless.

Advertisement
It HELP keeps the players health in tact, also if it’s not medically safe for the student-body to be campus in the fall Then the players shouldn’t be there either

With good leadership it can help.

But right now Manny is still learning on the job how to be a head coach...
... and we do not know how good of a leader he is yet.

Advertisement
It HELP keeps the players health in tact, also if it’s not medically safe for the student-body to be campus in the fall Then the players shouldn’t be there either
Is it medically safe four players to not bee on campus doing all the things they dew when they knot in school? You watch the knews?

Is it medically safe four players to not bee on campus doing all the things they dew when they knot in school? You watch the knews?

Yes I watch the news but once again if it’s not safe for the overall students then ALL college athletes shouldn’t be there as well

Football ain’t that serious if it canceled for the season

Y’all do t give a single FU@K about young men just your Foosball

Assuming the season is cancelled...

I think we'll see draconian measures from the NCAA so that roosters don't exceed 85.

Seniors: if you're considered a SR in 2020 then you're not eligible to return unless injured. This means that King, Williams, Harley, Roche, Ford, McCloud, Carter, Borregales must leave, with Rousseau and Jordan joining them as early draft entrants.

Juniors: no redshirts for anyone entering their 3rd year of school. If you're a JR in 2020 you automatically become a SR in 2021.

Sophomores: If you're entering year 2 of school and have not used a redshirt then 2020 is your RS year.

Freshmans: all incoming FR get a redshirt

That said, here's a scenario where we'd have 19 senior starters against Bama.

QB Perry SR
RB Harris SR
WR Few SR
WR Pope SR
WR Wiggins SR
TE Mallory SR
LT Herbert SR
LG Donaldson SR
C Gaynor SR
RG Scaife SR
RT Hillery SR

DE Phillips SR
DT Silvera SR
DT Miller JR
DE Harvey SO
LB Steed SR
LB Jennings SR
DB Frierson JR
CB Blades SR
SS Bolden SR
FS Hall SR
CB Ivey SR

Advertisement
Yes I watch the news but once again if it’s not safe for the overall students then ALL college athletes shouldn’t be there as well

Football ain’t that serious if it canceled for the season

Y’all do t give a single FU@K about young men just your Foosball
Ewe missed my point completely.

Brevin, GR15, and Roche being 1st rounders aren’t even a stretch

it's a mega stretch..... last DE to be a "1st round lock" (also didn't even sniff the 1st round) is about to be cut after 1 season in the NFL. Brevin has 0 healthy seasons in college, why would and NFL team risk that in the 1st round.

based on the last 15 years? help lol. we could end up with an elite recruiting class if we dont chance a failure on the field and cant have a failure on the field if there is no football lol. keep the cupboard stocked

Advertisement
Back